Nut Free Snacks For School
Heres my list of peanut-free and tree nut-free packaged snacks from several allergy-friendly brands, many of which are known for keeping their facilities free of the top 8 allergens. You can click the hyperlinked brand name below each image to be taken to their website, use their store locator etc. Ive also listed some of their products that might make good snacks. Most brands offer more products than the ones Ive listed and you can use your discretion to choose those as well! And remember that some brands may have some products made in nut-free facilities and other products that are not so read carefully! I hope it gives you some new ideas if you need them for school and daycare lunches especially!
Fresh Veggies With Tzatziki
You cant go wrong with fresh veggies for a crunchy snack, but I find them sort of underwhelming on their own. Lately, my favorite dip for raw carrots, celery, cucumbers, and bell peppers has been tzatziki, but for the longest time, I couldnt find a dairy-free version that doesnt taste like, well, chalkdust.
After several Instagram followers recommended the dairy alternatives at Trader Joes, I took the plunge and tried their dairy-free/vegan tzatziki and it was a game changer. Ill bet you wont even know youre not eating the real thing!
Chocolate Orange Flamingo Doughnuts
Lately fun, animal-inspired food creations are all the rage. Rather than go out and wait in long lines for them, impress your friends by whipping up some of your own! These adorable Chocolate Orange Flamingo Doughnuts by Holly Jade are not only aesthetically pleasing, but they are also delicious due to the dreamy chocolate cake and light orange-infused glaze.
You May Like: What Tequila Is Gluten Free
Almost Instant Chocolate Chia Pudding
Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, no bake/raw, oil-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free
This chocolate chia pudding is decadent-tasting yet healthy at the same time. Packed with protein, fibre, and omega-3 fatty acids this is a pudding you can feel good about! When blended with the almond milk ice cubes its a treat you can enjoy immediately without waiting for it to chill. The texture is a cross between a smoothie and a pudding. It will thicken up even more if you put it in the fridge for a few hours. I recommend using a high-speed blender for best results since the dates, chia seeds, and ice cubes are challenging to blend super smooth.
Make it nut-free: Swap the almond milk and almond milk ice cubes for a nut-free non-dairy milk of your choice .
Cinnamon Rolls From Just What We Eat
Why We Love It: This recipe uses a genius gluten-free flour blend that makes these allergy-friendly cinnamon rolls taste and look like the real thing. Because no one should have to skip the cinnamon rolls at holiday brunch!
Hero Ingredient: Canned cinnamon rolls have got nothing on this filling, made with vegan butter, coconut sugar, and cinnamon.
You May Like: Best Leg And Glute Workout
How To Shop For Dairy Free Gluten Free Snacks
Luckily these days, there are actually a lot of dairy free gluten free snacks on the market, as well as recipes you can make yourself. If youre just starting to eat with these restrictions, you might feel a little overwhelmed though! Here are some tips when youre shopping for snacks at the store:
First, lets start with dairy, because thats the easier one. Dairy is one of the top 8 food allergens, so it must be listed on a food label either in plain language or in a Contains: Milk statement.
If you dont see any dairy in the ingredients or in an allergen statement, you can rest assured that it should be fine to eat. Just dont forget to thoroughly look at the ingredients manufacturers do not have to use the contains statement as long as it is clear in the ingredients.
Gluten is a little trickier, because manufacturers are not legally required to label for gluten itself . The Gluten Intolerance Group has a complete list of ingredients to avoid, as well as a handy reference card that you can also download and use when eating away from home.
If you are avoiding gluten due to celiac disease or a sensitivity, look for the following options when shopping:
Also, be aware of products that include a statement about possible cross-contamination. Just because a product doesnt include ingredients with gluten doesnt mean that the product has not been contaminated with gluten during processing.
The Best Gluten Free And Dairy Free Snacks
So, I had a baby. And for all the warnings I got about adjusting from one kid to two, the development I was least prepared for was colic and reflux. But here we are, 8 months later, with a baby who is finally more comfortable but only because I have eliminated dairy and soy from my diet .
While elimination diets are nothing new to me, dairy is the one common allergen I dont have a lot of experience working around. I cut it out very briefly, around the time I started A Clean Bake, but have been happily cohabitating with cheese ever since.
So its been a learning curve, to say the least!
Tired nursing moms know that nothing is more important than snacks, and thats why Ive put together this list of the gluten free, soy free, and dairy free snacks that I have been relying on to get me through the day lately.
You May Like: Does Jersey Mikes Have Gluten Free Bread
Banana Bread Muffin Tops
Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free
My favourite way to use up ripe bananas! Ultra dense and chewy, these banana bread muffin tops make a great running-out-the-door breakfast or snack. Sweetened with banana and dates, there are no added sugars if you swap the chocolate chips for walnuts. Try them warm served with a pat of vegan butter, nut/seed butter, or coconut oil.
Homemade Vs Packaged Snacks
Homemade snacks, like raw veggies and homemade dip, are great because you know exactly which ingredients are in them. However, you may not always have time to whip up something quickly.
Packaged snacks are time-savers for making lunches or for something quick on the go, however, they’re not all healthy, many are loaded with salt, sugar, and fat.
Candy can have unexpected ingredients too.
Read the label even if it says gluten-free on the packaging. Gluten is found in wheat, barley, and rye. Some oats contain gluten. Avoid hidden ingredients like:
Read Also: The Gluten Free Baking Company
Gluten Free Cakes & Treats
Free from should never mean free from great taste. Our pick of gluten free cakes directly from the talented makers.
Looking for the best gluten free treats the nation has to offer? These incredible small batch cakes and treats are entirely free from gluten, crafted lovingly using a handful of natural ingredients only. Our picks include raw cakes made with superfoods, gluten free muffins, gluten free brownies, as well as vegan treats and low sugar treats. Free from should never mean free from great taste, and our independent makers are here to prove it.
Buying with us
To ensure that your food arrives as fresh as possible, you can schedule your order to be delivered closer to the date you need it by.At checkout you will be able to choose between having your orders delivered ASAP or for a later date. It’s as simple as that!Note: all items from a seller are dispatched together in one delivery but you can select orders from different sellers to arrive at different times should you wish to do so.
If you really need something to be with you for a set date, we strongly recommend that you schedule it to arrive at least 1-2 days early. This ensures that even if there are any delays due to issues with delivery companies or other reasons, you can still receive your order in time.At busy periods we recommend allowing a few more days as things do tend to get very hectic and more unpredictable for delivery companies.
Lemon Drizzle Bundt Cake
Source: Lemon Drizzle Bundt Cake
This stunning Lemon Drizzle Bundt Cake by Kimberly Espinel is guaranteed to be the prettiest thing on whatever table you bring it to. The rich lemony bundt cake moist, thick, and goes perfectly with a spot of tea or a cup of black coffee. The zesty lemon glaze and drizzle that are lavished over the top of this confection make it a truly special dessert that is perfect for a special occasion.
Also Check: Gluten Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup
No Bake Peppermint Patty Bars
Vegan, gluten-free, no bake/raw
No-bake chocolate bars that taste just like a chocolate covered peppermint patty! Be sure to see my Naturally Sweetened Peppermint Patty Bars as well.
Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, no bake/raw
A totally nut-free and refined sugar-free chocolate protein bite! Ready in minutes.
Soft + Chewy Baked Granola Bars
Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free
Dense, chewy, soft, doughy, seedy, hearty, protein-and-fibre-packed granola bars, sweetened naturally with dates! Try them spread with nut or seed butter for a fun treat or just enjoy them plain. Adapted from my Super Power Chia Bread.
Also Check: Gluten Free Bread In Bread Maker
Fruit Leather + Dried Fruit
- Fruit leather is simple and easy. Usually, its just 100% fruit! We get these in bulk since they travel and store so well. But most brands of natural fruit leather are a great choice!
- Thats It fruit bars are a thicker version of fruit leather made with different blends of fruit. They can be a great option!
- Little boxes of raisins are super easy to take on the go!
Simple Homemade Snack Ideas
Of course, outside of pre-made store-bought snacks, you can easily create your own delicious and healthy snack combinations. Here are a few simple quick ideas, and then youll find more in-depth recipes below!
1. Nut or seed butter with rice crackers. There are so many nut and seed butters to choose from, so this snack is very versatile. Switch it up with pumpkin seed butter, pecan butter, sunflower seed butter, or even watermelon seed butter. You can also make your own by grinding nuts or seeds in a food processor. If your rice crackers are flavored, make sure they dont have any dairy in the seasoning.
2. Roasted chickpeas. Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are an all-in-one snack! Theyre packed with fiber, protein, and carbohydrates. You can make your own at home by tossing chickpeas with a little oil and gluten-free seasonings, then roasting at 400°F for about 20-30 minutes.
3. Dairy-free yogurt with gluten-free granola. There are so many options for dairy-free yogurt today, so pick your favorite! Popular non-dairy yogurts are made from coconut, soy, almonds, and even cashews. Pair with certified gluten-free granola for a nice crunch.
7. Rice cake with nut or seed butter and banana slices. Rice cakes are an easy gluten-free option and can be found in most grocery stores. However, they dont do much to fill you up when eaten alone. Make it a snack by pairing with your favorite nut or seed butter for protein and banana slices for carbohydrates and fiber.
Also Check: Bakery On Main Gluten Free Granola
Fruits Veggies Nuts And Other Options
- Remember that any whole, unprocessed fruit or veggie is a safe snack! Experiment with new options you may have skipped over in the past maybe a pomegranate, sugar snap peas, or starfruit is next to try!
- Dried fruit Raisins, dried mango, dried pineapple, and dried apples are all easy sweet treats that are great for kids and adults alike.
- Nut butter packs I cant be the only one that gets those little Justins cashew butter and almond butter packs and just eats em out and about, right?! Perfect to toss in your purse for a satisfying snack.
- Pickles and olives Both are great for a salty but still healthy snack! Plus, you can find these at literally any grocery store no specialty shopping needed.
- Applesauce Again, easy to find anywhere and great for kids and adults. Im cheap so I generally get a big ol tub for the fridge, but you can grab the little single-serve packs or pouches too.
- NOW Foods honey roasted pecans I work with NOW regularly I seriously love these pecans! For snacking or salads or granola, theyre so good.
Healthy Brands Making Gluten Free Snacks
When it comes to advocating for your health, you need to be just as discerning of gluten free snacks as you would be of gluten-containing snacks. Here are 15 of our favorite brands of gluten free snacks.
Read Also: Does Eating Gluten Make You Tired
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Buckwheat Muffins
These gluten-free Strawberry Chocolate Chip Buckwheat Muffins by Christina Bedetta are so easy to make! Just mix it up, pour the batter into a muffin tin, and bake! Its that simple! This recipe is also really healthy. Its made with buckwheat and oat flour for a gluten-free base and flavored with strawberries and dark chocolate chips, which is always a winning combo. These gluten-free strawberry muffins are the perfect breakfast, snack, lunch, or dessert! Theyre so filling and good for you! Everyone you share them with will love you for it, but it might be hard to not just keep them to yourself. Try making gluten-free strawberry muffinsyoull be happy you did!
Chips Crackers & Salty Snacks
- Siete Foods grain free tortilla chips and queso This is literally the best dairy free queso Ive ever had! You can if you cant find them in store.
- Biena vegan ranch chickpea puffs and some of their roasted chickpeas: dark chocolate, cinnamon crunch, habanero, BBQ, sea salt, honey roasted, and rockin ranch
- Apple chips Technically these are sweet and not salty, but theyre a chip so I guess Ill include em here? I love these apple chips for snacking or for making homemade versions of a Panera fuji apple chicken salads, which can easily be made gluten free and dairy free at home.
- These are super crunchy but I like that about em. Theyre great for random solo snacking, or topping with tuna for a more substantial snack.
- Glutino Pretzels These are great when youre craving a salty snack but you can also use them in your own homemade trail mixes. Or, grab some of these and dip them in a dairy-free chocolate dessert hummus.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Cookies San Diego
These Brownie Bites Are Vegan Gluten
This allergy-friendly brownie bites recipe was a sample from the cookbook, Cookies for Everyone. I originally shared this recipe when the book launched in 2009, but have given this post a big update!
Ive baked a few treats from this collection, and theyve each turned out deliciously. Im not surprised, since its by the baking team at Enjoy Life Foods the allergy-friendly experts! Heres a brief excerpt about the book.
Enjoy Lifes Cookies for Everyone cookbook is loaded with over 150 delicious gluten-free and allergy-friendly recipes that are safe for most everyone with food allergies, intolerances or sensitivities. You can rest assured each recipe contains NO: gluten, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, dairy or soy!
Choose from allergy-friendly versions of family favorites or new treats that will quickly earn top-of-the-cookie-jar status. This includes Especially Expresso Brownies, Bananas & Cream Tartlets, Lemon-licious Shortbread and Peoples Choice Chocolate Chip Cookies. Everyone is bound to enjoy!
Peppermint Bark Popcorn From Cookie + Kate
Why We Love It: This is not your typical dessert, but I had to include it for how delicious and festive it is. I dont know about you, but I love desserts that are both sweet and savory, making this one a personal favorite. This recipe gives you instructions on how to pop homemade popcorn, but if youre lazy like me, microwavable popcorn is fine. Just make sure its allergy-free.
Hero Ingredient: Popcorn, please.
Don’t Miss: Cracker Barrel Gluten Free Menu