S Reviews Of The Best Low Carb Keto Friendly Crackers To Buy
Due to the rising popularity of the keto diet, many manufacturers have now taken it upon themselves to create the best low-carb crackers to satisfy the keto and low-carb communities.
They are addictive, crunchy, leave us wanting more, and one of those foods we just WISH we can have on the keto diet. So we had to find the best low-carb crackers that money can buy!
Your best shot at having the best keto crackers and lowest net carbs per serving are those that are homemade.
Dont worry. Were going to give you the best keto-friendly cracker recipes using our favorite keto ingredients such as cheddar cheese, herbs , and power grains such as flax seeds.
Firstly, lets go through the best low carb crackers found in stores today:
What Are Keto Crackers
While you can find some delicious store-bought keto crackers that taste good and are low in carbs most of them are loaded with additives and preservatives.
They are also much more expensive than homemade keto crackers. For the price of one box of twelve commercial low-carb crackers, you can easily make 60 crackers!
Plus if you make them yourselves, you can create a large variety of flavors by adding herbs or spices to the dough.
Finally, if you crave a quick keto snack and cant go to the supermarket, this keto cracker recipe is ready in only 20 minutes!
So it is faster, healthier, cheaper, and tastier to make your own keto crackers than running to the store!
Low Carb Chia Crackers
Crunchy and delicious gluten-free and low carb chia crackers with a buttery flavor a perfect snack to eat on their own, or enjoy with a dip or cheese spread of your choice.
Once a week I go to the kitchen and bake crackers! Tons of best low carb crackers to enjoy in the evenings with some dorblu cheese and a glass of red wine its my guilty pleasure! However, guilty pleasures can be not-so-guilty if you make them keto-friendly. These homemade low carb snacks are the best! They have only 0,7g of net carbs per cracker which means I can eat a lot without any guilt!
You May Like: Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie
How To Store Paleo Crackers
Another great thing about my keto friendly crackers is that they can be made ahead of time. Store them in an airtight container to eat in a few days or over the course of a week .
TIP: Let your almond flour crackers cool completely before storing them, or they will not stay crispy and will spoil faster.
Ingredients You Will Need
Almond flour – I choose fine almond flour in this super easy low carb crackers recipe.
Chia seeds – I use black chia seeds for this almond flour crackers. Also, you can sprinkle some sesame seeds or something like everything bagel seasoning on top of our crackers right before baking them.
Unsalted butter – We’re going to use unsalted melted butter.
Egg – We will need one slightly beaten medium egg.
Xanthan gum – xanthan gum replaces gluten in gluten-free recipes and helps our low carb keto crackers hold together. You can try to substitute it with some psyllium husk powder.
Sea salt – Apart from sea salt, you can use different spices like garlic powder or onion powder.
Read Also: Sprouted Grain Bread Gluten Free
More Low Carb Crackers Recipes
If you like this paleo crackers recipe, you might also like these:
- Low Carb Keto Cheese Crackers Just like the little cheese crackers you grew up eating, but made with wholesome and REAL ingredients!
- Keto Fathead Crackers With Coconut Flour I took my popular fathead dough recipe and turned it into a cracker. Its a nut-free option for crackers on keto.
- Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Graham Crackers Like your keto crackers sweet? Try out these sweet, but sugar-free crackers.
What Variations Of Keto Crackers Can I Make
There are all kinds of things that you can put on top of your crackers.
You can put any kind of spices on top that you like, for instance, coarse salt, rosemary, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, dilletc
Or you could even add some tasty seeds to your crackers like sesame seeds, caraway seeds, poppy seedsetc
Another thing you can do is to sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top so that it will melt into the cracker while bakingyum!
You May Like: Best Protein Powder For Building Glutes
Best 6 Low Carb Crackers Recipes
Living a low carb lifestyle can sometimes leave you missing crunchy little snacks like low carb crackers. You can often buy some at the grocery store, but they can be pricey, and labels can be hard to decipher.
The safest most cost-effective way to enjoy low carb crackers is to make your own and its not as difficult as you may think! The right recipe can make all the difference because sometimes you just want a crunchy, salty, buttery cracker!
Here are the 6 best Low Carb Crackers recipes:
How To Make Keto Graham Crackers
Graham crackers on keto are possible, thanks to this simple sugar-free gluten-free graham cracker recipe:
- Mix dry ingredients. Combine Wholesome Yum Almond Flour, crushed pork rinds, Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, cinnamon, and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse together.
- Mix wet ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, vanilla, and honey extract.
- Process the crackers. Add the wet ingredients to the food processor and process until a dense, sticky dough forms.
FYI: The dough should be crumbly, but stick together when pressed. If its super dry, you can add a bit more melted butter.
- Chill dough. Form the dough into a ball and freeze, until no longer sticky.
- Form crackers. Roll out crackers to a 1/16 to 1/8 inch thick rectangle and cut into squares. Transfer the squares to a prepared baking sheet and prick with a fork.
- Bake. They are done when they are golden, but allow them to cool completely before handling. They will firm up as they cool.
You May Like: Gluten Free Bread Machine Cookbook
Tips To Make The Best Buffalo Cauliflower
- Try to chop the cauliflower in even pieces, so they all cook evenly and thoroughly.
- If you dont follow a low carb or keto diet, you can replace the almond flour with all purpose flour or wholewheat flour.
- Baked buffalo cauliflower is best enjoyed fresh, as that ensures the crispiness of it.
- Feel free to add other spices to the batter. I love adding paprika, garlic powder and a little bit of cayenne!
- If you follow a whole30 diet, these are whole30 approved, provided you use the ingredients as written.
Ingredients For Low Carb Crackers:
Blanched Almond Flour: Its just ground up almonds! The almond flour makes the crackers not only low carb but packed with protein!
Cheddar Cheese: My favorite way to make these crackers is with cheddar cheese. You can use white cheddar, Parmesan, or even Gruyere would be delicious! I used shredded cheese, but you can use grated cheese as well!
Salt & Pepper: The sprinkle these on at the very end.
Also Check: Pizza Places With Gluten Free Crust
How To Store Crackers
Because the low-carb chilli crackers are predominantly made of cheese, they need to be kept in the refrigerator unless they are being eaten straight away.
You can also freeze the low-carb chilli crackers in an airtight container. Just remember to place a sheet of baking parchment in between each layer so they are easy to remove and defrost just as many as you need each time.
Tips To Make The Best Almond Flour Crackers
- The thinner you roll the dough out, the crispier the crackers will be.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut up the dough into crackers. It will be infinitely easier to slice more evenly
- Feel free to add some spices into the dough, to give it some extra flavor. Oregano, basil, and smoked paprika are all fantastic additions.
- Do not overbake the crackers, as they continue to crisp up as they are cooling down. Once they have turned golden brown around the edges, remove them.
Recommended Reading: Best Resistance Bands For Glutes
Best Low Carb Crackers For Keto Diet: The Ultimate Buying Guide
Crackers are like crack. What if we tell you that there is a way to incorporate these into your low-carb keto diet?
Crackers have become a staple product in most peoples pantries and for a good reason: their volatility as wonderful compliments to salads as well as being crunchy snacks.
You can also eat crackers with a variety of other ingredients such as cheese, meats, jams, spreads, and even use them to make small cracker-based sandwiches!
So whats the good news?
Youre not in this alone.
Plenty of keto and low carb dieters out there have been desperately trying to find the best low carb crackers to supplement their diet and we are here to give you the low down on the best low-carb crackers in this comprehensive review.
What Do I Do If The Crackers Stick To The Parchment Paper
Ive never had this issue, but different brands of parchment paper may stick to the crackers. To avoid this, you can try to lightly oil the parchment paper or use a silicone mat instead.
Alternatively, use the kitchen towel method place the parchment paper on a warm, damp kitchen towel for a few minutes and allow it to sit then try to peel away the parchment paper.
Also Check: Gluten Lactose Free Diet Plan
How To Make The Crackers
- I find the easiest way to make the dough is in a food processor.
- If you dont own a food processor, you can mix it by hand, but it will take more effort.
- Mix the egg and almond flour until the egg is completely blended into the almond flour and a dough forms.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin between two sheets of parchment paper. You want the dough to be very thin, about 1/16 inch thick. The thinner the dough, the crispier the cracker.
- You can cut the dough however you wish. I made 1 1/4 inch squares. You can make them bigger, smaller, different shapes, etc. You can use a knife or a pizza cutter/.
- Then you bake them on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes and then let them cool before eating or storing them in an airtight container.
Can You Eat Foods Alive Flax Crackers On The Keto Diet
As the nutritional table shows us, these crackers are very low in net carbs- 0.5 grams, 3 grams and 4 grams for some of their most popular flavors. Their ingredients are also simple and keto-friendly which makes them a great addition to a keto and low-carb diets.
Can you eat crackers on the keto diet?
Traditional crackers are too high in carbs for a keto diet, but there are low-carb crackers you can try out from the list above.
Traditional crackers are a great way to add crunch to your salads, they are great to dip in some sauces or to just snack on them alone. But, you would never see crackers on a keto dieters plate as they are too high in carbs and little nutritious.
However, while traditional crackers are off-limits on a keto diet or a low carb diet, there are still options for those who want more nutrients and fewer carbs. In the list above, we have the top 7 brands of crackers that are low-carb and/or keto-friendly.
Now, all that is left is to order some crackers and enjoy. If youre looking for a low carb cracker substitute recipe, try our Keto Cheese Almond Crackers Low Carb Recipe.
You May Like: Best Bread Machine For Gluten Free Bread
Can I Make These In The Air Fryer
If you own an air fryer, you can skip turning on the oven and make the cauliflower in the air fryer. Prepare the cauliflower as directed, but place them on an air fryer tray instead of a baking sheet. Air fry the cauliflower for 15 minutes, before removing from the air fryer and drizzling the buffalo sauce mixture over it. Air fry for a further 6 minutes.
TIP: You will need to air fry in batches to ensure they are evenly cooked.
How Much Is Tasting Low Carb Crackers
tasting low carb crackers come in a variety of designs and pricing ranges. Its difficult to predict product costs nowadays. You dont know how much something costs because the pricing range is so vast. For example, a pair of pants can range from $20 to $200 depending on where you buy them. Similarly, additional goods like as tasting low carb crackers.
Don’t Miss: Taco Bell Gluten Free Menu 2020
How Can You Make Your Own Low Carb Crackers
So, weve gone through a variety of different brands of crackers that you can buy in the store, but have you ever thought of making your own crackers at home?
You can ensure that the ingredients you used are balanced to your dietary value, whether that may be using less salt, adding more sugar, or adding the flavor you desire.
Why dont you take a look at a few of these fine examples below of how to make your own keto-friendly low-carb crackers and then let us know how amazing they taste?
Homemade Cheese Crackers
Youve probably tried to make homemade cheese chips at some point throughout your keto diet.
You thought that you could melt some cheddar cheese in a baking tray and hopefully, it crisps up into a nice chip when in reality you just get some melted cheese that turns chewy after it cools!
Alas, we bring you homemade cheese crackers! Simply:
- Buy shredded or diced cheese
- Shape the cheese into a cracker shape in a cupcake tray
- Add some seasoning we recommend paprika, salt, pepper, and a dash of mustard
- bake for 15 minutes
- let them cool down and form the cracker shape
- enjoy and dip them into any keto-friendly sauce you can think of!
If you feel even more adventurous, you can try adding bacon, chicken, or pepperoni to your cheese and making miniature pizza crackers!
Almond Flour Crackers
Get Recipe: bobbiskozykitchen.com
Get Recipe: wholelottayum.com
How To Make Keto Crackers Instructions:
1. In a small bowl add the chia seeds and water and let sit for about 15 min or until the seeds soak up all the water.
2. In another bowl mix the almond flour and spices and olive oil. Now add the chia seeds to this mixture and mix well to create your dough.
3. Take the dough and form it into a large ball, then divide into 4 smaller balls. This will make it much easier to roll flat.
4. Place each ball between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll out as thin as possible.
5. Next, remove the top piece of paper and cut the dough into an evenly sized square or rectangle pieces. Put any excess dough from around the edges back into the bowl and add to another ball of dough.
You should have something that looks similar to this when done:
6. Keep crackers on paper and place the paper onto a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 8-9 min, depending on how hot your oven runs, keeping an eye so as not to burn your crackers.
7. When golden brown, remove from oven and let stand for about 5 min. Then take off the paper with a small spatula.
Don’t Miss: What Candy Bars Are Gluten Free
Is It Time To Get A New Tasting Low Carb Crackers
Youre looking for a new tasting low carb crackers. What do you think? Its difficult to predict future price changes. If there are no signs of production slowing, it can be worth buying now to enjoy your investment sooner. But if output is declining and prices are predicted to rise, you might want to wait until the buzz has died down before making a choice.
How To Store These Cheesy Almond Flour Crackers:
Store the crackers at room temperature in an air tight container for 2 3 days. After 3 days, place the air tight container in the fridge.
To freeze the crackers, place in an air-tight container. Freeze for about 3 months. To reheat, thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat in the oven.
Reheat the crackers in the oven or a toaster oven until warm and crisp on the edges.
Also Check: Gluten Free Donuts Los Angeles
Woven Wheat Cracker Winner
And the winner of the Woven Wheat Cracker category is:
Nabisco Triscuit Thin Crisps Original
Per serving : 130 cal., 4.5 g total fat , 0 mg chol., 180 mg sodium, 21 g carb. , 3 g pro.
Taster’s comment:“These have a nice hint of salt and a nutty, buttery flavor.”
Why it won: We appreciated the generous serving size of 15 crackers, as well as the generous dose of fiber per serving. Tasters appreciated the buttery flavor these woven wheat crackers had compared to others in the category.
Vegan Seed Crackers With Psylliumhusk
To make this vegan keto seed crackers recipe I used psyllium husk and ground flax seeds, they act as binding agents. Psyllium husk is made from the husks of the Plantago ovata plants seeds. I used the husks themselves . But you can grind the whole husks into a fine powder, if you want a finer texture.
Because of its ability to thicken liquids, replace glutens binding properties, and mimic the texture of whole-wheat baked goods, psyllium husk is a my go-to ingredient for vegan keto recipes.
As a replacement for almond flour I used tigernut flour which is nut free, grain free, and wonderful alternative for those who are following diets like a paleo, keto or autoimmune protocol. Actually I have an AIP grain free crackers recipe that you might also like.
What I like about tigernut flour is that its lower in hard-to-digest fiber like coconut flour, less starchy than cassava flour, and unlike almond flour, its actually nut free.
The fat in these keto seed crackers is important too, it adds flakiness and crispness. As a butter substitute I used coconut cream, which has a fairly high amount of healthy fat.
Heads up: some are affiliate links & I may receive a small commission from qualifying sales. For more info See This.
Don’t Miss: Where To Buy Vital Wheat Gluten