Get The Tools For Granola Bars
Every kitchen needs some tools and baking pans always get a lot of use. Ive got baking pans that are more than twenty years old so buy decent quality, buy the sizes you like and be nice to them. Using a knife to cut in a metal pan is not being nice to them.
Buy them in sets of two to make layer cakes, double recipes and experibaking!
Easy Homemade Granola Bars 12 Varieties
Granola bars are one of those snacks that everyone loves. There are plenty of brands that make great granola bars, but nothing compares to these easy homemade ones! Theyre so fresh and flavorful, and you can make them exactly how you like them.
You can enjoy these bars for breakfast, as a pre-workout snack, in a packed lunch or really whenever!
There are lots of baked and no-bake options here, and some of the granola bar variations can be made either way. Each recipe is gluten-free and refined sugar free, and there are also some delicious options for vegan, nut-free, low-carb/keto and completely sugar-free granola bars!
Recipe Step By Step Directions:
Are you ready to make these homemade gluten free granola bars? Gather up your ingredients.
Step 1: Add all of your dry ingredients to the bowl. This is the oats, seeds, nuts, dried fruits, etc.
Step 2: In a microwave-safe dish, add the nut butter and honey. Microwave 15 seconds to soften.
Step 3: Mix the warmed honey, peanut butter, coconut oil, and vanilla together.
Step 4: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Step 5: Mix the ingredients well.
Step 6: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour the granola bar mixture onto the parchment paper.
Step 7: Use a big flat spoon or glass and press the granola mixture down flat. Cover it with plastic wrap and put it into the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
Step 8: Slice the bars and enjoy! Store the bars in an air-tight container in your refrigerator.
Also Check: King Arthur Gluten Free Cornbread Mix
How To Make Soft Peanut Butter Granola Bars Step By Step:
Nutrition In Homemade Peanut Butter Granola Bars
When you keep this Healthy Granola Bars on hand, youll always have a good-for-you option within reach. Here are some stand-out ingredients in this healthy snack bar recipe:
- oats: the oats contain a great soluble fiber known as beta-glucan, which has been shown to reduce LDL and total cholesterol, keep your gut microbiome healthy, and help balance blood sugar
- peanut butter: a great choice that supplies healthy monounsaturated fat, B vitamins, magnesium, and protein
- eggs: this healthy powerhouse ingredient gives you high-quality protein, healthy fats, iron, and two eye-health ingredients, lutein and zeaxanthin
You May Like: Schar Gluten Free Graham Crackers
The Perfect Soft Granola Bars
The PERFECT Soft Granola Bars These chewy homemade granola bars are a perfect snack or school lunch treat. With so many ways to change them up, you can make a different batch every week!
Some people love crunchy granola bars and some love soft granola bars . Ive found a lot of kids prefer the soft kind, so when I developed this recipe a few years ago, my goal was something that was sweet , soft and chewy and easy to adapt .
These are JUST what were looking for. Theyre the PERFECT soft granola bars! They make a great afternoon snack or a fun surprise in a school lunch. After all that testing, here are a few secrets to the best homemade soft granola bars
Easy To Make Easy To Customize
Do you have a favorite type of dried fruit you love to eat? Are you a fan of chia seeds, toasted pumpkin seeds, or hemp seeds? Or maybe you prefer dark chocolate chunks or cacao nibs for an extra bit of healthy indulgence?
Change the ingredients as much as you please!
This recipe is easily customizable with your favorite add-ins for a snack that is truly and uniquely yours, to be enjoyed whenever and wherever you need it the most.
Have a stash ready on your kitchen counter, store a few in your car, or keep some at work. As long as you keep them in an airtight container or bag, they will certainly come in handy when you need something healthy to eat in the case of a sudden snack attack.
Need more healthy snacks to stash in your own drawer? Grab and go with the following bar recipes:
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Sugar Free Cake
Super Customizable Healthy Homemade Granola Bars
Its time to ditch convenient store-bought granola bars loaded with sugar, empty calories, and preservatives from your meal plan. Instead, replace them with easy homemade healthy granola bars that fuel your body with great macro and micronutrients . Plus, with only a few minutes to prep these healthy snack bars, youll never need to buy them again!
These naturally vegan granola bars are a nutritional powerhouse with a combination of ingredients that provide plenty of fiber, plant-based protein, and healthy fats. Thatll keep you satisfied until your next meal and way from that bag of chips! Plus, the nutty, chewy, sweet combination is perfect for those who have a breakfast or snacking sweet tooth .
These muesli bars are also made primarily of inexpensive pantry staples, helping you save money and be in 100% control of the ingredients used. And did I mention theyre super versatile too? In fact, there are hundreds of different ingredient combinations and mix-ins you can play around with!
Best of all, once these homemade granola bars are prepared, they keep for up to a week at room temperature . They also travel well, making them a perfect healthy snack for road trips and mini breaks!
The Ultimate Snack Bar Is Here It’s Made With Just 5 Ingredients Requires No Oven Time And Can Be Made In Minutes These No
You may know by now that I love an energy bite! These are a really awesome way to get both protein and healthy carbohydrates in for that sustainable boost of energy we all need at snack time. I recently decided to make my favorite energy bites into No-Bake 5-Ingredient Homemade Granola Bars and the results were even more delicious than I anticipated! I made sure to really push the dough into the pan so the bars hold their shape after being cut. The result is an on-the-go snack that’s filled with nutrients and tastes amazing! If you make them, be sure to tag me so I can see
Read Also: Celiac Disease Vs Gluten Sensitivity
Healthy Granola Bars With Simple Ingredients
The 6 basic ingredients youll need for these bars are:
- Nuts and seeds
- Dried fruit
- Coconut oil
- Nut butter
- Maple syrup
I add almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, dried cranberries, and goji berries but feel free to use your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. Whether hazelnuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pepitas, or hemp seeds anything will do!
Regarding dried fruit, I prefer tart, slightly sweet and sour berries in these granola bars because they are rich in vitamin C and balance out the sweet flavor of the maple syrup. However, you can most likely also use cherries, raisins, figs, apricots, dates, plums, etc. Just make sure to chop them finely with a sharp knife before mixing with the rest.
Ive also added a bit of vanilla extract and cinnamon for flavor but thats just optional.
Pulse Together Dry Ingredients
In a food processor, add the oats, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, salt, and cinnamon. Pulse for about 30 seconds, or until finely chopped. Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and set it aside.
Dont pulse for too long you still want all of the ingredients to have a lot of texture for the granola bars, rather than a fine and sandy consistency.
Read Also: Find Me Gluten Free App
No Bake Granola Bar Mix In Ideas:
The way to make ANY granola bar your favorite is to play with things you throw in! Here are some ideas to get you going!
- Dried fruit: no more than 1/2-to 3/4 cup. If it is a larger dried fruit like an apricot, be sure to cut them up into small bite sized pieces first. Consider raisins, cranberries, apricots, cherries, or apples.
- Chocolate: Am I the only one with a household of chocoholics?! You easily mix in your favorite chocolate chips, or for a sugar free version, some cocoa nibs. Also consider melting a favorite 1/2 cup chocolate with a teaspoon or two of coconut oil to drizzle over the top!
- Nuts: Small bits of any nuts can add a lovely crunch. I prefer to use toasted varieties.
- Seeds: I love using seeds for their fiber, nutrients, and crunch! Try no more than 1/4 1/2 cup of any seed like chia seeds, pepitas, or hemp hearts.
- Spices: Cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger all come to mind. Pumpkin pie spice too!
Homemade Chewy Granola Bars
Homemade Chewy Granola Bars are a cinch to make from pantry staples. Gluten free and kid friendly, they’re a great, low-sugar snack option!
This post may contain affiliate links.
I know a lot of people believe in signs from passed loved ones, myself included. While some may think its woo woo, I dont think its a coincidence that since we returned from my Grandmas services, Ive been feeling semi-stalked by cardinals.
I kid you not, every. single. time. I look out a window to the backyard, a cardinal lands in my direct view. Not off to the side, not high up in a tree straight within my line of vision. Its crazy! My Grandma loved birds, and I have a special, Grandma-related project in the works back there, so I like to think its her checking in and saying hello. Even if its not, the sightings are a great reminder of her wonderful spirit. 🙂
Hey, maybe the cardinals have just been trying to sneak a peek at my latest recipe that resembles bird food Homemade Chewy Granola Bars! Ummmget your snackatite ready because these low sugar, nutrient dense, absolutely YUMMY granola bars are off the chain!
Also Check: Dairy And Gluten Free Diet Plan
Heres What Youll Need To Make These Delicious Homemade Grain
- Nuts: This is the base for these grain-free granola bars. Instead of oats, we are using a variety of nuts. You can use whatever nuts you like best. I recommend a mixture of roasted almonds, pecans, and walnuts for the best flavor and crunch!
- Peanut Butter: Peanut Butter is a protein-rich spread high in zinc, vitamin B-6, and magnesium! You can substitute with almond, cashew, or sunflower butter for a paleo option. The peanut butter, Medjool dates blend, and maple syrup work to bind the ingredients together.
- Medjool Dates And Maple Syrup: Dates are natures candy and coupled with maple syrup, provide the perfect amount of sweetness while keeping these granola bars healthy and refined sugar-free! Pro Tip: Soak your dates in water for at least 15 minutes before blending. This softens the dates and helps them blend easier.
- Ground Flaxseeds And Hemp Seeds: Both are filled with protein, fiber, and omega-3s. In 2 tablespoons, flaxseeds provide 3 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber, hemp seeds provide 7 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber!
- Shredded Coconut And Dried Fruit: Adding coconut shavings, dried fruit, and even chocolate chips are completely optional! I like to add coconut and dried cranberries so delish!
Heres How To Make Your Own Gluten
I LOVE granola bars. I am such a bar girl and snack bars are such a go-to of mine every single day. And making your own bars is SO easy and underrated.
You only need a few ingredients to make these and they come together so easily. You just add all of the ingredients into a bowl then mix it with the peanut butter and syrup and press everything into the baking dish.
These bars are a staple in our freezer and fridge. My husband devoured these in 2 days the first time I made them. I was so exited for the kids to try them but then he was so obsessed ha! So needless to say, they are approved by adults and kids. I cannot wait for you guys to try them. Let me know what you think!!
You May Like: Is Blue Cheese Dressing Gluten Free
What Ingredients Are In Homemade Granola Bars With Yogurt:
- Chopped almonds or any chopped nut works well like pecans too
- Coconut flakes I look for unsweetened ones for no added sugar
- Creamy peanut butter if you prefer almond butter or cashew thats fine. Just needs to be creamy
- Maple syrup or honey works well too but you need one of these to make the granola bars stick nicely!
- Yogurt of choice you can use dairy-free if preferred
Two: Process Granola Bars
It is best to use a food processor to make quick work of preparing the granola bars. The sharp blades with quickly break down the softened dates and easily combine them with the remaining ingredients.
- Once the dates have soaked, drain off the soaking liquid and place them into a food processor fitted with an s-blade. Process the dates until nearly fully broken down and a thick paste forms.
- To the date mixture, add nut butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and salt and process until creamy.
- Add in oats and pulse until combined. You don’t want to fully break down the oats, just combine them evenly into the granola bar mixture.
- At this time if using add-ins, stir them into the granola bar mixture.
Recommended Reading: Premade Gluten Free Pie Crust
Can I Freeze Granola Bars
Yes, you can! If you made too many for your family to finish in one week then you can pop them in the freezer to enjoy later and they could last up to 2 to 2 ½ months. We recommend wrapping them individually in foil or parchment paper and then place them in a freezer-friendly bag or container . Youll be thrilled to remember you have them when hunger strikes and you have run out of snacks. Bingo!
A Note About Gluten Free Oats:
If you are Celiac or gluten sensitive, look for certified gluten free oats. Oats are typically grown next to wheat fields and so gluten free oats are critical if you are Celiac. Gluten free oats are protected so that they stay safe from contamination.
When you are gluten free, it is really important to eat certified gluten free oats. It isn’t that regular oats contain gluten, but most oats have gluten due to cross-contamination.
I have tons of easy recipes made with gluten free oats for you to try!
You May Like: Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Crackers
Gluten Free Granola Bars
If you are looking for a delicious gluten free granola bar that is packed with healthy ingredients, this is a great bar to make. There are lots of flavor variation options too! Take these granola bars hiking, pack them in a school lunchbox, or enjoy them as a late afternoon snack for a pick-me-up.
If you love healthy snacks, it doesn’t get any better than these deliciously chewy gluten free dairy-free granola bars! These gluten free oat bars make a great grab-and-go snack! Take them on the go, pack them in a lunchbox, enjoy them anytime!
These are tasty no-guilt, no-bake granola bars that everyone will love. They are easy to mix up in minutes. Chill them to harden them. If you love granola, try one of these easy Gluten Free Granola Recipes!
My quick and easy Gluten Free Protein Bites are also great in a lunchbox.
Healthy Granola Bar Variations:
We made this gluten-free granola bars recipe pretty lean with only a few ingredients, but by all means, feel free to customize the bars and make them your own by adding a few extra ingredients. Simply take a quick scan of whats floating around in your pantry and get creative with what you have on hand.
Some of our favorite additions include:
- Dried Fruit
- Chopped Dates
- Dash of almond or vanilla extract
Recommended Reading: What Does It Mean To Be Gluten Intolerant