Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ingredients
Yes, this recipe only requires 2 simple ingredients. Heres what you need:
- Strawberries: Its best to get your hands on large, fresh strawberries that are perfectly ripe. Make sure the color is a vibrant deep red with less whites on top. These are signs theyll be more sweet and flavorful.
- Chocolate: Semi-sweet to dark chocolate pairs well with the sweetness from the strawberry. But milk chocolate and white chocolate also works too. As for melting, you can use chocolate chips, chocolate bars, or chocolate melts.
For The Ganache Layer:
Surprise Your Guest With These Delicious Chocolate
We make these with the best quality Swiss chocolate. We offer your choice of Regular, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free or Sugar-Free.
We do everything we can to ensure your package is packed with care so that it arrives in perfect condition.
Allow 72 hours to process. We do use some of this time to find the freshest fruit for your order.
Recommended Reading: Is Mich Ultra Gluten Free
Inside Out Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
Beautiful inside out chocolate covered strawberry cake topped with a luscious, homemade strawberry buttercream frosting. This wonderful, grain free and gluten free chocolate strawberry cake is easily dairy free and makes the perfect dessert for Valentines Day or celebrations! Add a drizzle of chocolate ganache on top for the ultimate indulgence.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
A chocolate brownie meets a chocolate covered strawberry, they fall in love and BOOM! This cake is born: a grain free chocolate brownie cake thats moist, fudgy and dense covered with a beautiful strawberry buttercream, drizzled with melted chocolate and finished off with fresh strawberries.
Yes, this cake is just as delicious as it is beautiful and guess what? This chocolate strawberry cake is gluten free, grain free and easily dairy free. Perfect for Valentines day for your sweetie, or for any special occasion. I know youre going to love it.
Faq + Tips And Tricks For The Best Gluten
How Long Will Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies Stay Fresh? Much like chocolate covered strawberries, gluten-free chocolate covered strawberry brownies will only stay fresh for 1-2 days. After that, the strawberries break down too much and youll lose textural and structural integrity.
Can You Freeze These Brownies? No. Chocolate covered strawberry brownies do not freeze well. The strawberries will lose firmness and seep liquid upon thawing, which will create a liquid layer under the ganache and make for soggy brownies.
Can I Use Other Kinds Of Berries Instead? Yes! Weve also tried these with raspberries, which was totally delicious. They should work great with blackberries or blueberries as well.
Can I Use Coconut Milk Instead of Heavy Cream? Coconut milk contains anywhere from 9-15% fat, while heavy cream has about 36% fat. This means coconut milk has more liquid and less fat per cup than cream. To help increase the fat , I recommend using 2 Tbsp. butter or vegan butter + 14 Tbsp. milk. Its not exactly perfect, but it works pretty well!
Looking for a paleo or almond flour brownie recipe? Try this one from our sister site One Lovely Life. Theyre fabulousrefined sugar-free , can be made with coconut oil or butter, and theyre relatively healthy, though they taste decadent and delicious!
Also Check: Cascadian Farms Granola Gluten-free
How To Make White Chocolate Covered Strawberries
This recipe is one of the easiest recipes on the blog! Its also full of flavor and makes for a beautiful dessert. Lets go ahead and get started on this recipe:
In a small container, melt the white chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in intervals, stirring each time.
Dip each strawberry in the chocolate and shake off the excess. Place the berries on a prepared pan with parchment paper.
Drizzle any remaining chocolate on top, then pop the pan in the fridge so that the berries can chill for a while.
Once the chocolate has hardened completely, serve and enjoy!
Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries
The most delicious vegan chocolate covered strawberries. This romantic dessert is wonderfully flavorful with the perfect contrast between juicy strawberries and rich chocolate!
Chocolate covered strawberries are such a romantic thing, arent they?
And there just might be a perfect romantic occasion coming up quite soon! So a recipe for vegan chocolate covered strawberries was on the cards.
They make a perfect dessert because not only are they romantic, theyre also so delicious, sweet but not too sweet.
The chocolate is super sweet but then you get the mild sweetness and juiciness of the strawberry and it all balances out to perfection.
Pairing this with some champagne is nothing but a fabulous idea as well.
You May Like: Jason’s Deli Gluten Free
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Ganache
This vegan chocolate ganache is super simple to make! And you only need two ingredients for it: dairy-free chocolate chips and canned coconut cream. Make sure it is actually coconut cream and not coconut milk! Coconut cream is much thicker and thats what we need for this simple ganache.
The chocolate ganache will thicken and harden as it cools. Its best to make the chocolate ganache right before assembling the cake.
Chocolate Brands I Recommend
- Pascha Chocolate is organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and vegan. I love the both the 55% and 65% chocolate chips. They also make white chocolate.
- Hu Chocolate is organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan and paleo friendly . But its slightly more bitter at 70%.
- Lilys Chocolate is gluten-free, dairy-free and fair-trade certified. It does contain soy lecithin but its sweetened with stevia and erythritol, so its keto friendly.
You May Like: Gluten Free Diet For Ulcerative Colitis
Make Them Pretty Here Are A Few Ways To Decorate Your Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- ADDITIONAL DRIZZLED CHOCOLATE. If you have a little chocolate leftover after dipping the berries, make sure its still pourable , drizzle with a fork or transfer the chocolate to a small zip-top bag. Snip a *tiny* bit off the end of one corner, and drizzle the chocolate over the set strawberries. It looks beautiful! Make your drizzled chocolate stand out even more by using
- DRIZZLED WHITE CHOCOLATE. My very favorite. Drizzling the finished chocolate-covered strawberries with a tiny bit of white chocolate looks beautiful! This brand is dairy-free + vegan.
- CRUSHED CHOCOLATE. Finely chopped or shredded chocolate is the perfect finishing touch for chocolate-covered strawberries.
- CRUSHED GRAHAM CRACKER OR PRETZELS. Gluten-free, as needed. These taste delicious.
- MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS. Enjoy life makes great mini-chocolate chips that are allergy-friendly.
- SHREDDED COCONUT. So lovely. Look for as finely shredded as possible!
- CRUSHED NUTS. Crushed or finely chopped pistachios, pecans, or peanuts are all delicious on chocolate-covered strawberries!
- TOFFEE BITS. Not dairy-free or paleo, but toffee bits are phenomenal with fresh strawberries. YUM!
Tips For Enjoying The Best Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Read Also: Do Nature Valley Bars Have Gluten
Where Can I Buy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
If youd rather buy your chocolate covered strawberries than tackle your own diy version, there are many places that offer them. Theres online stores like Sharis Berries, Edible Arrangements, and Harry and David.
However, most local grocery stores these days will carry them around Valentines Day. You can also check with your local Sees candy store. Even !
I hope you enjoy these chocolate dipped strawberries!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Combining fruit with chocolate has to be one of my FAVORITE ways to do dessert. If youre into my neapolitan no bake chocolate tart recipe or my gluten free brownie sandwiches with strawberry cheesecake filling, then I can GUARANTEE that youll be all over todays sweet, easy and delicious berries-and-chocolate recipe. Please give a warm welcome to diy white chocolate covered strawberries! The strawberries have that slight sweetness that is complemented by rich white chocolate to create the most simple, yet beautiful and tasty dessert EVER!
Also Check: Where Can I Buy Hilltop Hearth Gluten Free Bread
Simmering Using The Instant Pot
When I discovered this technique I loved it! This process is called a Bain-Marie or double boiler. in this case, were using the gentle heat of the instant pot to simmer water. You need to make sure you have a heat-safe glass or pyrex bowl that sits on top of the edge of the Instant Pot without touching the water. Since my Instant Pot is the 8 qt I used a 9 deep-dish pie plate and it worked great! Add the water, bring the water up to a gentle simmer and gently place the bowl or plate on top.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tips
Before we dive into this recipe, heres a few things to take note of.
- Make sure your strawberries are washed and completely dry before dipping into chocolate. Otherwise, the chocolate wont stick to the strawberry.
- If youre using strawberries straight from the fridge, let them sit on the counter until they reach room temperature. Because theyve been chilled in the fridge, theyll naturally condensate which we dont want when dipping into chocolate!
- When you lift the strawberry out of the chocolate, gently scrape the excess chocolate off the bottom side of the strawberry on the edge of the bowl. This will prevent you from having a pool of chocolate on the baking sheet.
- You can dip the strawberries in the bowl of melted chocolate or transfer the melted chocolate to a shot glass, which makes dipping straight up and down easy.
- Serve each chocolate covered strawberry at room temperature. The chocolate wont crumble as much and its better to not bite into a freezing cold strawberry.
Read Also: Bread Crumbs Publix Aisle
Shari Berries Ambiguity & Potential Cross
Sharis Berries website does not provide a listing of ingredients within the products. Due to some of the chocolate-covered strawberries containing additional toppings that are not gluten-free, a high risk of cross-contamination is possible.
We highly recommend contacting the company if you have any allergies to verify any cross-contamination risk.
Read Also: Panko Gluten Free Substitute
Heres What You Need To Make Chocolate
RIPE, FRESH STRAWBERRIES. The more ripe your strawberries are, the better your chocolate-covered strawberries will turn out! Youre looking for red and ripe strawberries that still have some firmness.
SEMI-SWEET OR DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS . Good old chocolate chips work beautifully for chocolate-covered strawberries! I love that theyre so low-maintenance. I usually reach for allergy-friendly semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips, but milk chocolate chips and traditional white chocolate chips also work! You can even try them with stevia-sweetened chocolate chips if thats your jam. Chocolate bars also work, if you prefer. Youll just want to use the same weight. See the FAQ below for some of our favorite brands of chocolate!
COCONUT OIL. Coconut oil helps you temper the chocolate so that itll be shiny and uniform in color when its finished and easier to bite into once theyre set. Sometimes, without adding a little oil, your chocolate can bloom when it dries. Since chocolate is the star of the show here and you really want everything to look pretty, I recommend adding the coconut oil!
ANY DECORATIONS YOUD LIKE TO USE. If you plan to add any other finishing decorations, be sure to have those ready with a clean plate so you can quickly add the garnishes or decorations when youre ready.
Also Check: Cheerios Recall 2017
Toppings For Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Crushed pecans
- & & Crushed peanuts are tasty options
Once all your strawberries are covered in chocolate, simply dip them into your favorite toppings!
Last Step: Transfer the chocolate covered strawberries to the fridge to set. The chocolate will have hardened after 2 hours, but the longer they are in the fridge, the better!
Vegan Gluten Free Valentine Heart Shaped Cut Out Sugar Cookies
Make these healthy gluten free Valentine cookie treats for your Valentines Day party! This heart shaped vegan gluten free cut out sugar cookies are flavored with freeze dried strawberries with a nice crisp around the edges and hints of buttery shortbread notes.
These heart-shaped, gluten free strawberry linzer cookies are a wonderful treat for any time, especially for Valentine’s Day. One bite of these strawberry flavored linzer heart cookies with jam and you will be hooked too!
Don’t Miss: Venice Bakery Cauliflower Crust Nutrition Facts