Guarantee Theyre Gluten Free
If youve been eating gluten free for some time, chances are youve tried a few different brands of gluten free oats.
Many people here in Oregon are die hard Bobs Red Mill fans, and while I do love their products, I have been able to find other brands that I prefer for specific ingredients like oats.
I find the gluten free oats at Trader Joes to be more affordable and easier to find.
Is Nature Valley Granola Bar Good For You
Granola bars are becoming quite popular these days as a healthy, on-the-go snack. It is easy to purchase them in any supermarket. You can buy them in boxes of 6 to 12 bars. Nature Valley, which is the part of the General Mills family of products, offers a wide range of granola bars for you to choose from. The question many people ask is whether Nature Valley granola bars are healthy. To get the answer, you will have to know a bit more about the nutrition information of these granola bars. Keep reading to find out more.
So Just How Healthy Are Nature Valley Bars
If a product has nature in the title, is easy to believe it will be good for you. But that is not always the case. The bar does have its benefits with the Protein bar range scoring highly for protein and the Almond Nut Butter range providing a better option than the bars containing peanuts. Another plus point is the use of wholegrains for the base of the Crunchy range which provide fibre.
The Sweet and Salty Nut bars are unfortunately high in fructose corn syrup and use palm kernel oil which is a processed saturated fat.
As with any food, moderation is key, there is no reason why you shouldnt enjoy a Nature Valley bar occasionally as part of a healthy, balanced diet but are probably best avoided if you are looking to reduce your weight.
Recommended Reading: Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Pie Crusts
Nutrition Facts About Nature Valley Granola Bars
You may already have the answer to your question are Nature Valley granola bars healthy, here are some other nutrition facts about Nature Valley bars for your understanding.
- Calories: You may consider Nature Valley granola bars a good midday snack because it has calories ranging from 90 to 190 calories per bar. Try crunchy granola bars if you’re a bit concerned about calories and avoid Roasted Nut Crunch bars because they have the highest calories.
- Carbohydrates: You can get anywhere between 13g and 26g of carbohydrates in Chewy with Yogurt, Chewy Trail Mix, and Sweet and Salty bars.
- Fats: It usually depends on the content used to make the granola bar. For most of these bars, fat content stays between 3g and 13g per bar. The Roasted Nut bars have the highest amount of fat, whereas the Crunchy Granola bar has the least amount of it.
- Other Nutrients: These bars will also have a small amount of protein, dietary fiber, and very little sodium. They have no cholesterol.
Are Kind Bars Healthy
Yes and no.
Compared to other snack bars on the market, they are generally healthier and a great snack choice. Depending on which flavor you choose, they can be quite protein-rich.
However, overall, they tend to contain a little too much sugar and cereal, which isnt the best for a grain-free or gluten-free diet.
They also have a bunch of ingredients I have either personally never used or dont even know what their benefit is. These ingredients include palm kernel oil, glucose syrup, rice flour, and soy lecithin.
Read Also: Molinaro’s Gluten Free Zucchini Pizza Kit
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Find answers in product info, Q& As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Roasted Nut Crunch Bars, Almond Crunch
At a Glance:
- Crunchy combination of nuts and seeds
- No artificial flavors
Are Nature Valley Bars Healthy
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means I may get a small commission if you purchase a product after clicking on a link. This does not cost you anything. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
On busy mornings, many people grab a cereal bar as a convenient and fast way to ensure they have a healthy breakfast. Nature Valley bars are a commonly available snack and a popular choice as an on-the-go breakfast option, but have you ever considered just how healthy Nature Valley bars are?
Weve taken a detailed look at these handy-sized snacks to find out if Nature Valley bars are good or bad for you. Our findings have been collated into a comprehensive review showing the ingredients used, the nutritional values and to discover if Nature Valley bars can help with weight loss as part of a calorie-controlled diet.
Also Check: Ice Cream Brands Gluten Free
What Happens If Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Granola Bar Fruit And Nut 6 Count Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
Recommended Reading: Is Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
Premade Gluten Free Granola Bars I Love
Because I know many of us may still not have the time to make homemade granola bars, I wanted to share a short list of some of my favorite store-bought gluten free granola bars:
- Nature Valley Granola Bars
- Bobs Red Mill Oat Honey
- Safe + Fair Blueberry Cinnamon Granola
Please keep in mind that the granola bars listed above may be subject to change based on the manufacturer. Always read the ingredients if you or someone you are shopping for has life threatening allergies.
Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch Bars Almond Crunch
A satisfying crunch and simple ingredients make Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch Bars the perfect snack for any time of day. Made with a mix of almonds, peanuts, and sunflower seeds, these wholesome, crunchy bars are fit for any adventure.
About Nature Valley
Nature Valley created the granola bar category in 1975. Its bars are packed with ingredients such as sweet raisins, crunchy peanuts, tart cranberries, wholesome almonds, whole grain oats, and an occasional dash of rich dark chocolate. You can take Nature Valley bars on the trail, put them in your pack, or stock a drawer at work. No matter where you are, the bars keep you going for all of life’s adventures.
Two Satisfying Flavors
Try Peanut Crunch bars for a satisfying combination of peanuts and sunflower seeds. Or enjoy almonds along with peanuts and sunflower seeds in Almond Crunch bars.
What’s in the Box
Read Also: Jason’s Deli Gluten Free
Nature Valley Bars Nutritional Values
With many of the bars formed from ingredients such as honey, rolled oats, nuts, chocolate chips and coconut, the nutritional values can vary vastly. Whilst they provide a beneficial source of fibre and protein, they do also contain sugar and fats which need to be consumed in moderation. In this section of our review, we look at the nutrition values of the Nature Valley ranges.
Making Your Granola Bars
Making granola bars can seem like an intimidating task meant for soccer moms and people with entirely too much time on their hands, but I can reassure you thats not the case with this recipe.
We are 100% not above using shortcuts and today, the microwave is saving us some time and dirty dishes.
Start by spreading your oats and nuts out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. These get toasted to perfection in the oven while we prep our other ingredients.
In a microwave safe large mixing bowl, melt the butter and honey together. Then mix in the maple syrup.
Once the oats and nuts are done in the oven, they get folded in to the honey mixture in the large mixing bowl. At that point its important to give everything 10-15 minutes to cool down, so when you add the chocolate chips they dont melt completely.
All the add-ins get folded into the oats, then packed into a square baking pan . Bonus points if you use the same parchment paper you used for the oats and nuts! It ends up being the perfect length to fold the excess parchment paper over the top of the bars, and pack them down without getting your hands dirty.
From there, they need to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before taking them out and slicing them into bars.
These gluten free granola bars should keep in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 1 week.
Recommended Reading: Is Bud Light Gluten Free
Are Nature Valley Granola Bars Healthy
Many people believe these granola bars are good for health, but do you think thats exactly the case? Here are a few findings that will help you make a decision.
Not That Natural As They Claimed to Be
People believe that Nature Valley bars are healthy because they are made from natural ingredients, but that’s not the complete picture. The original part is definitely clean and is made of real ingredients, but it also contains 6g of fat, and 12g of sugars. The presence of these ingredients makes it less healthy than you might think it is. Eating a serving of Nature Valley Oats ‘n Honey granola bar is the same as eating a bowl of Fruit Loops. Similarly, the Sweet and Salty Nut bars are rich in fructose corn syrup and contain plenty of maltose corn syrup as well. They don’t use hydrogenated oils, but they use palm kernel oil, which is a chemically processed saturated fat. By harvesting palm kernel oil, they are also causing irreversible environmental damage. They also use artificial colors, which are definitely unhealthy.
With these ingredients added, you cannot say the bars are all natural and thus not so healthy. It is also a harsh reality that ‘natural’ doesn’t mean a lot on products, and you’re never sure of what you’re eating is actually healthy or not.
GMO Ingredients Included
How To Make Nut Bars
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Then, line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and stir until well mixed. Pour maple syrup over the dry ingredients, then fold it altogether. Youve just made your nut bar mixture!
Pour the nut bar mixture into that pan you prepped earlier. Smooth it out into an even, tightly-packed layer.
Bake, cool, slice and enjoy. Thats it!
Recommended Reading: Pizza Dough At Publix
How To Make Homemade Kind Bars
Step 1: Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients, except for your maple syrup, and mix well.
Step 3: Add your maple syrup and mix very well, until fully incorporated. If the KIND Bar batter is a little too loose, add a dash more maple syrup.
Step 4: Transfer the mixture into the lined pan and spread out evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
Step 5: If desired, drizzle over some coconut butter and allow it to firm up into the bars. Cut into bars and enjoy.
Ingredient Nut Bars Recipe Homemade Kind Bars
Homemade KIND Bars: an easy, 5 ingredient nut bars recipe for homemade kind bars! Salty n sweet healthy nut bar delight!
What if I told you all youd need were 5 simple ingredients to make the easiest homemade kind bars ever? And if youre not a fan of kind bars, how about we just refer to these babies as nut bars?
Today, were gonna be gathering 5 healthy ingredients to make lightly salty, lightly sweet, highly YUMMY kind bars!
Like, what more could ya need, ya know?
If youre ready, Im ready. So lets bake this!
Read Also: Kraft Italian Dressing Gluten Free
Calories In Nature Valley Bars
According to the Nature Valley product nutrition labels, the calorific content of their snack bars ranges from 139 to 200 calories per serving. If you are looking for the bar with the least calories, then you should choose the Dark Chocolate, Peanut & Almond Sweet & Salty Nut snack bar, which has just 139 calories in a 30g serving.
Healthy Alternative: Making Your Own Granola Bars
If you keep asking the same question are Nature Valley granola bars healthy, you will be better off making some on your own. Here are two recipes for you to make delicious bars with ease.
Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Half cup of whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups of medium-cooked rolled oats
- Half cup of natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of liquid honey
- 1/4 cup of organic canola oil
- Half cup of dry cranberries
- A tsp of pure vanilla extract
- A beaten egg
- Large pinch of salt and cinnamon
- Start by preheating your oven to 325
- Take a 9x9x2 baking pan and line it with foil. Grease it and set aside.
- Now, mix pastry flour, rolled oats, cranberries, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Take another bowl and add honey, egg, vanilla extract, and peanut butter to it. Mix it well.
- Fold your liquid mixture into the rolled oats mixture and combine all ingredients properly.
- Cook for half an hour. Let it cool and cut into bars.
Protein-Packed Lemon Granola Bars
- A cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp of wheat germ
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. of soy protein powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp. of unsalted sunflower seeds
- 12 dry dates and dry apricots
- 2 beaten eggs
- Half cup of each maple syrup and organic canola oil
- Juice and zest of one lemon
Read Also: Are Dove Ice Cream Bars Gluten Free