Tips For Making The Best Gluten
- I use a food processor to make my gluten-free graham cracker crumbs. You can also use a rolling pin to crush the crackers in a plastic storage bag.
- Use the back of a measuring cup to press down on the crust to help compact the crust. This will help the crust not to crumble and be more firm.
- If you are a fan of brown sugar, you can use it in place of granulated sugar. It gives the crust a hint of a molasses flavor.
- If you are making a no-bake pie, it is best to chill this pie crust for at least 2 hours before filling it.
- If youre making a baked pie, bake this crust per your recipes directions.
Are Honey Maid Graham Crackers Gluten
The ingredients in Honey Maid graham crackers are:
Unbleached enriched flour , riboflavin , folic acid), graham flour , sugar, soybean oil, honey, leavening , salt, soy lecithin, and artificial flavor.
The packaging also shows a contains: wheat, soy label, meaning this isnt a good choice for someone on a gluten-free diet.
Are Kinnikinnick Graham Crackers Gluten
The Smoreables graham style crackers from Kinnikinnick contain the following ingredients:
Pea Starch, Non-Hydrogenated Palm Oil Shortening , Brown Rice Flour, Potato Starch*, Brown Sugar*, Sweet Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Water, Cane Sugar, Rice Bran, Molasses*, Tapioca Syrup, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Pea Protein, Natural Flavour, Pea Fibre, Sunflower Lecithin, Inulin, Mono Calcium Phosphate, Cellulose, Guar Gum.
This brand tests their products and they are free from gluten, dairy, nuts, soy, and peanuts. This is a safe choice for a gluten-free diet.
Read Also: Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats
More Gluten Free Desserts
Gluten Free Banana Pudding This dessert is completely NO FUSS! It is so delicious your family and friends will request it often.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pie This no bake old fashioned recipe is super easy. Its also rich, creamy, and delicious.
Cheerios Pie Crust This recipe is a perfect substitution for creamy no-bake pies that use a graham cracker crust.
Gluten Free Apple Pie
Easy gluten free apple pie is a delicious homemade pie you can whip up and serve hot from the oven in about an hour.
Its autumn and my son has been asking me whether our local supermarket has gotten in any of his favorite gluten-free apple pies because he knows that they start to carry them this time of year.
Ive been fancying apple pie, he told me.
Well, theyre not in the supermarket yet, but if youd really like a pie, I think I have the ingredients to make you one.
Want to know the best part?
I like to keep Kinnikinnick gluten-free frozen pie shells in my freezer just for occasions like this. I know I can count on Kinnikinnick for a flakey and flavorful crust.
And I whipped up heavy cream to dollop on top.
Well my son was one happy young man. Indeed, I was delighted to hear those precious words, Thanks, Mom.
Ready to make an easy delicious homemade apple pie? Here we go.
Don’t Miss: Is Yoplait Yogurt Gluten Free
Are Kodiak Cakes Graham Crackers Gluten
Kodiak Cakes packaging states that the ingredients in this product are:
100% whole grain wheat flour, 100% whole grain graham flour, cane sugar, sunflower oil, milk protein concentrate, water, brown sugar, malted barley, dried honey , egg whites, natural flavor, molasses, leavening , salt, sunflower lecithin.
This product contains egg, milk, and wheat. If youre following a gluten-free diet, youll want to skip this option of graham crackers.
What Are Graham Crackers Used For
Graham crackers can be enjoyed in a number of different ways. The most common way would be to snack on them plain or with some type of dip.
They are also a component of a very popular dessert, smores. This is a treat served with a toasted marshmallow, a square of chocolate, and two halves of a graham cracker to sandwich these ingredients together. Its the ultimate summer and camp food.
Graham crackers are also usd in pie crusts for many pies or cheesecakes. In fact, I even have my own recipe for a gluten-free graham cracker crust.
Ive seen graham crackers layered into desserts, like toffee bars, ground into crumbs to use as a topping for cakes or pies, and even dipped in chocolate for a treat all on its own.
Read Also: Krusteaz Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
Pro Tips And Recipe Notes
- I used Granny Smith apples in this recipe. Theyre tart and tangy. Generally, we want firm apples. Honeycrisp and Braeburn are sweeter yet firm. But, I have even used Delicious apples with this recipe.
- If your frozen pie shell is broken, thaw the shell. Then dampen the crack with water, and use your finger to seal the crack together by lightly pinching and pressing the dough.
- I served this pie with homemade whipped cream. You might even like to top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream dusted with cinnamon. Or just have it plain. Its up to you.
I hope you love this delicious classic apple pie. Have a happy, healthy week.
Are My Favorite Brands Of Graham Crackers Gluten
There are so many different types of graham crackers, but its hard to know which ones are gluten-free without doing a full review of them in the middle of the grocery store aisle.
Ive done the hard work for you and hope to answer your questions about some of the most popular brands of graham crackers.
You May Like: Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls Shipped
What Desserts Do You Make With A Gluten
A gluten-free graham cracker crust is used in a lot of dessert recipes. The most popular recipe is cheesecake. I have an easy recipe for Gluten-Free Mini Cheesecakes that uses a gluten-free graham cracker crust. Other popular desserts are gluten-free key lime pie, chocolate pie, no-bake desserts, and Smores bars.
Can I Freeze The Crust
This gluten-free graham cracker crust can be easily made ahead of time and then frozen for later. Once the crust is completely cooled, wrap it in foil and then place it in a plastic freezer bag. Make sure your pie pan is freezer friendly.
You can freeze the crust and keep it in your freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in your refrigerator before using it in your recipe.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Bread Crumbs Kroger
Where To Buy Gluten
Many people buy premade pie crusts to save time in the kitchen, but many of these products contain flour. If you suffer from celiac disease or are gluten intolerant, there are many gluten-free pie crust brands you can find at your local grocery store!
Although it will vary by location, you dont have to go to a specialty grocery store to find a gf pie crust. Many of these brands can be found at popular stores like Walmart, Target, Kroger, and Albertsons. But of course, you might find some specialty brands at health foods stores like Whole Foods and Sprouts.
This list only contains premade gluten-free pie crust brands. You wont find any pie crust mix that you have to make yourself. In the description, Ill let you know which brands are frozen and which dont require refrigeration. Because most will have to be refrigerated or frozen, many cannot be purchased online. But if you can have a brand shipped, Ill link to an online retailer!
To find the best ready-made gluten-free pie crust for you, read through the descriptions for each product. Here youll find out what pie crust varieties the brand makes, including traditional, graham cracker crust, chocolate crust, and more. Youll also see if the product has any other certifications, such as being vegan, dairy-free, Kosher, organic, and more!
Ingredients can change at any time, so be sure to always read the most recent allergen warnings and product certifications before you buy!
What Are Graham Crackers
Graham crackers are a type of sweet cracker, almost cookie-like in flavor, that are usually enjoyed as a snack food. Theyre commonly served to kids and enjoyed with smores and even turned into pie crusts.
They come in a plain flavor, but can also be found in honey, chocolate, or cinnamon flavors. Ive also seen them at candy shops dipped in chocolate.
Also Check: Whole Foods Gluten Free Flour
Heres What Youll Need
Ingredients: gluten-free graham crackers, brown sugar, melted butter, ground cinnamon, salt, pure pumpkin puree, heavy cream, eggs, cornstarch, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, cloves, vanilla extract
A Dash of Megnut is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Pumpkin puree You want to use pure pumpkin puree for this recipe NOT pumpkin pie filling which already has sugar and spices in it
- Gluten-free graham Crackers You can use store bought or homemade gluten-free graham crackers in this recipe to make the gluten-free graham cracker pie crust. I used Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Smoreables Graham Crackers in this recipe.
- Spices If youd like, you can use pumpkin pie spice in the filling instead of the individual spices I have used in the recipe. Use 2 + 1/4 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice in this recipe.
- Handheld mixer or stand mixer
- 9-inch pie dish
Are Graham Crackers Gluten
The most important ingredient to a graham cracker crust is graham crackers. Traditional graham crackers, like Nibiscos, are not gluten-free.
The good news is there are several brands of gluten-free graham crackers, like Schär, Kinnikinnick, and Pamelas. If you want to make your own, I have a super easy Gluten-Free Graham Crackers recipe!
For my UK readers, you can use gluten-free digestive biscuits.
You can see just how easy it is to make a gluten-free graham cracker crust in the recipe video.
Also Check: Aldi Baked Beans Gluten Free
How To Make A Gluten Free Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust
The links on this website may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
A Gluten Free Vanilla Wafer Pie Crust is great for no bake pies like puddings, fruit filled and cheesecakes. Its a favorite to make because of how easy it is. Crushed cookies, sugar, and butter. Whats not to like?
Gluten Free Graham Style Crumbs
- Just the solution for a gluten free pie crust, ice cream topping or cheese cake.
- This product contains no preservatives. Store in a sealed container in a cool, dry place.
- Recipe for a pie crust: 1 1/2 cup Graham style Cracker Crumbs 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine 2 Tbsp brown or white sugar Mix crumbs, butter & sugar together. Press into 9″ pie plate and chill. Fill as desired.
Kinnikinnick Foods are free from Gluten, Nuts, and Dairy.
- Gluten Free Has Never Tasted So Good
- Refer product label for full list of ingredients
Also Check: Gluten Free Ready Made Meals
Free From Top 8 Allergens
Whether by allergic necessity or by choice, you’ll adore more than thirty baked goodies, free from eggs now as well as gluten, dairy, nuts, peanuts, and soy. Good for vegans and those looking for a plant-based, gluten-free diet too.
We’ve done the hard work sourcing safe ingredients and scrumptious recipes that’ll leave you wanting more.
Baked for sharing, customers tell us families love Kinnikinnick’s baked goods free from gluten and Top allergens because everyone can share them, celiac, allergic or not.
Are Pamelas Graham Crackers Gluten
Pamelas honey grahams are a certified gluten-free product. Here are the ingredients:
Butter , Brown Sugar, Brown Rice Flour, Sorghum Flour, White Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Gluten-Free Oat Bran, Molasses, Organic Non-GMO Honey, Gluten-Free Natural Flavors, Baking Soda, Sea Salt, Grainless & Aluminum-Free Baking Powder , Xanthan Gum, Cinnamon.
If you are dairy-free in addition to being gluten-free, know that this product does contain butter, a dairy product.
Also Check: Best Gluten Free Bakery Nyc
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
How To Make A Gluten
- Crush the gluten-free graham crackers in a food processor or place them in a plastic storage bag and then crush them with a rolling pin.
- Mix the gluten-free graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar together in a medium-sized bowl until combined.
- The mixture will be coarse and thick like wet sand.
- Press the gluten-free graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan and slightly up the sides. Press down into the pan to make sure it is tight and compact. I use the bottom of a flat measuring cup to help press the mixture down.
- For a baked dessert: Bake this crust per your recipes directions. For a no-bake dessert: Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°F and chill the crust for 2 hours before using it in your recipe.
Also Check: Is Better Than Bouillon Gluten Free
What Brands Of Graham Crackers Are Gluten
There are a few different brands of gluten-free graham crackers. In fact, Ive written up an entire blog post on this topic alone!
Here are a few that you can be on the lookout for next time youre shopping for gluten-free graham crackers:
Get the full list, find out where to buy them, and which options are also dairy-free by clicking here: Gluten-free Graham Crackers
If you love graham crackers, I hope this post has been helpful for you to determine if your favorite snack crackers are safe for your gluten-free diet. Many popular brands of graham crackers are not gluten-free, but there are a handful that you can find in stores and online.
As with any food, do your due diligence in reviewing ingredients lists before purchasing any product that you think may contain gluten. That extra minute in the grocery store aisle can save you a whole lot of stomach issues later on.
If you loved this post, I hope that youll share it with your friends on and pin it for future reference on .