Enjoy Life Brownie Mix
Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip Morsels are basically free of all allergens, so these brownies are pretty damn pleasing for everyone. When covered in a thick, chocolaty ganache, these brownies become a rich and fudgey dessert. All in all, theyre not a bad buy.
If youre feeling fancy, you can use this mix to make some Fluffernutter Brownie Cups. Itll turn this average brownie mix into something extraordinary.
How To Make Vegan Birthday Cake Cookies
These healthy birthday cake cookies can easily be made vegan & dairy free! Heres how to do it:
- swap in vegan butter for the frosting
- use a flax egg instead of a regular egg in the recipe.
- Alternatively you can skip the frosting all together or use a dairy free frosting such as Simple Mills vanilla. The cookies themselves are delicious even without the frosting .
How To Make Cookies From Cake Mix
It couldnt be easier to make cookies from cake mix, but there are a couple of things to know going in.
- You will use dramatically less liquid than you would if you were making cake mix
- You should refrigerate the dough for half an hour before baking them to make them easier to mold
- They will flatten out after you remove them from the oven.
My vegan cake mix cookies require just a few simple ingredients:
- King Arthur Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup sweet potato
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar for rolling, about 1 cup
First things first, the sweet potato, oil, and baking powder need a good beating together.
Then, add the cake mix and mix mix mix. Youll be thinking that these dairy free cake mix cookies arent going to work out, but I promise they do.
Then, add 3 Tablespoons of water 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing in between.
When the dough is crumbly, it is ready. Be sure you can shape it into a ball like this:
Next, refrigerate for half an hour.
The secret to these cookies is rolling them twice in powdered sugar. Start by rolling them into balls, then coating in powdered sugar. Make a second trip around, and coat them twice.
Then, simply place them on a baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
After they come out of the oven, they will flatten out a bit more, and you are ready to enjoy them.
These come together so quick and easy, and are a favorite at our house for just about every occasion.
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Tasting Gluten Free Pasta
What Makes A Cake Mix Different From A Cookie Mix
A cake mix typically has more chemical leaveners than a cookie mix . A cookie mix is more likely to have multiple types of sugar as well .
That doesnt mean that we cant make cookies with a cake mix. It just means that we have to take those differences into account with the other ingredients we add to the mix to make cookies, instead of a cake.
To make these chocolate chip cookies, were adding molasses to the mix. Brown sugar is really just refined granulated sugar with molasses added to it. Its not like some fancy unrefined sugar or anything.
Oh, and if youre making a cake youre going to add liquid and maybe even sift something if youre really looking to make it light and fluffy like the very best gluten free vanilla cake.
Ingredients In Healthy Birthday Cake Cookies
These deliciously soft, grain free & gluten free birthday cake cookies use a few pantry staples and of course, plenty of sprinkles. Heres everything youll need to make them:
- Coconut oil: youll use melted and cooled coconut oil to made sure these birthday cake cookies are perfectly moist.
- Organic cane sugar: I like to use organic cane sugar but you can also use regular sugar or coconut sugar. Just note that the cookies will turn out darker in color if you use coconut sugar
- Egg: youll just need 1 egg in these birthday cake cookies. Make sure its at room temperature before using in the recipe! A flax egg should also work.
- Vanilla & almond extract: were using a combo of vanilla extract and almond extract, which gives these cookies that true birthday cake flavor.
- Almond flour: be sure to use a fine, blanched almond flour for the right texture. Do not use almond meal.
- Coconut flour: youll just need 3 tablespoons of coconut flour.
- Baking soda & salt: to help these cookies bake up properly.
- Sprinkles: because theyre birthday cake cookies, of course! This is the brand that I like to use, and this brand is also an all natural choice for sprinkles.
- For the vanilla buttercream: youll need butter or vegan butter, organic powdered sugar, vanilla extract & sprinkles.
You May Like: Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle Gluten Free
Almond Flour Or Almond Meal
Almond flour is really close to rice flour in terms of texture, flavor, and popularity. The bonus of using almonds is the boost in fiber while at the same time it is also low in carbs. Almond flour is gaining popularity not only among the gluten-free crowd, but also the Keto and Paleo crowds as well. Out of the three listed here, almond flour is great for flat breads, cakes, and even cookies.
What Is The Consistency Of A Cake Mix Funfetti Cookie
We loved these cookies! By rolling them into a ball and flattening it just a bit caused a thicker bottom to develop that makes for a chewy satisfying bite. They are not cakey cookies. They are substantial with a crispy outside and chewy middle.
The top four cookies were baked in a ball shape with those underneath having been slightly flattened before baking. The flattened Funfetti Cookies developed more desireable crackling on the tops and a nice thicker golden bottom adding to the overall texture of the cookies.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Pita Bread Whole Foods
What Are Cake Mix Cookies
As the name sounds, a cake mix is substituted for the usual flour and leavening agents in cookie recipes. Eggs and oil are added and the mix is baked as cookies.
I will say Ive found cookies more difficult to create from scratch in gluten-free form. Cakes, no problem. It may be being at altitude as well but Ive struggled with both adapting favorite gluten family recipes and creating recipes from scratch. The prospect of a shortcut method really had my interest.
How To Make Gluten Free Birthday Cake Cookies
Also Check: Best Resistance Bands For Glutes
Can You Freeze Gluten Free Cookies
Yes! You can freeze gluten-free cookies the same way you could freeze regular cookies. We have an awesome process detailed below.
1. Make your gluten-free cake mix cookie dough recipe but stop short of forming the doughballs and baking them.
2. Chill your gluten free cake mix cookie dough in fridge for about an hour or two. Let the dough firm up. You want those butters or oils to stabilize. Youre going to want to make sure its cold enough for the next step in the freezing process.
3. Using a cookie scoop , scoop gluten-free cookie dough into balls and roll them so they are nice and round. Make sure they are equal in size and weight as much as possible. Warning! You will be tempted to eat this cookie dough
4. Place each gluten free cake mix cookie dough ball on a cookie sheet . Dont worry about having them huddled closely together. They wont expand in the freezer like they do in the oven.
5. Put the cookie sheet with your evenly rounded cake mix cookie dough balls into the freezer for at least one hour until they are slightly frozen, but not super-frozen. The goal is for the cake mix cookie dough balls to maintain theyre shape for the next step.
6. Gently remove the frozen cookie dough balls off the cookie sheet and place in a Ziploc bag . Place the frozen cake mix cookie dough balls into the freezer. Important: Write the date on the bag, along with how long to cook, and what temperature.
Cake Mix Cookie Variations
These delicious cookies are so quick and easy to make. But the best part about gluten free cake mix cookies is that you can make variations to the recipe.
These simple recipe variations are a great way to change up the recipe to create different flavors for different occasions. Since there are a limited number of gluten free cake mix flavors available, youll have two different cake mix options, in addition to funfetti:
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Instead of funfetti cake mix, use chocolate cake mix to make your cookies. And with chocolate mix, you can use a variety of different add-in ingredients to enhance your cookies, like:
- Toffee bits
Read Also: Gluten Free Dairy Free Dinner
How Do You Turn A Cake Mix Into Cookies
This time, were doing almost the same thing, but were adding molasses and vanilla. Those two additions turn a vanilla cookie into a chocolate chip cookie.
How To Bake These Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies:
Recommended Reading: Is Cream Of Chicken Soup Gluten Free
How To Make Gluten Free Brownie Mix Cookies
I love brownies and brownie cookies are just as delicious! These chewy cookies have all the flavor of a brownie in a more compact, easy to eat form! And the best part is that these gluten free cookies are easy to make because they use a pre-made mix! Keep reading to find out how to make gluten free brownie mix cookies. Theyre one of the easiest gluten free cookies you can make!
This posts contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you purchase something from my link . Thanks for your support!
You all know how much I love easy recipes. And this recipe is just about as easy as they come! But these brownie mix cookies taste so good, no one will know you used a boxed mix to make them.
To make these yummy cookies, youll need to start with a gluten free brownie mix. I used a Pillsbury brownie mix and they turned out great! But Ive also made this recipe with Aldis chocolate baking mix, and they were just as delicious. Youll also need some candy crumbles to add a little extra flavor and texture to the cookies. To make these, I used Heath toffee crumbles. But during the holidays, I love to make these gluten free Christmas cookies with chopped Andes mints so good!!
Why Start With A Cake Mix
During the holiday season, I make many, many dozens of cookies. But cookies are by far the easiest dessert to throw together when someones had a bad day and needs a pick-me-up. Starting with a cake mix means that I can have cookies baked in less than 10 minutes longer than the time it takes for them to bake in the oven.
In my second cookbook, Gluten Free on a Shoestring Quick & Easy, I have a whole chapter on make-your-own baking mixes. I promise I understand that the whole point of purchasing a ready-made cake mix is the convenience, though!
But it can be difficult to find a really good quality boxed gluten free cake mix, mostly because the flours tend to be gritty and the blends unbalanced . But if you have one that you love, use that! Just make sure that its a full 16 ounces of mix.
Also Check: Gluten Free Bread Without Xanthan Gum
What Do You Need For Vegan Cake Mix Cookies
The great thing about cake mix cookies is they only require 3 ingredients This makes these cookies easy to make with kids and in large batches.
For this youll need:
- Vegan Box Cake Mix. You want to find a box that is 18.25-ounces. If youre like me and only can find a 15.25-ounce box than you can simply add 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour to the mixture.
- Neutral Oil. I used vegetable oil for mine, but you can use any neutral oil or vegan butter. If you use vegan butter you need to melt it first.
- Vegan Egg Replacement. I used Flax Egg made out of Bobs Red Mill Ground Flax Meal.* If you dont want to use this method I have some other options listed below.
Make Your Own Gluten Free Flour Blend Recipe
I have a recipe for my own All Purpose Gluten Free Flour blend that uses flours that I can find in my local grocery store. I have also included cup measures for that if you dont have a kitchen scale.
Making your own flour is much cheaper than buying the premixed boxes of gluten free flour and if you mix up a big batch youll be ready to bake anytime!
I keep a variety of bags in my pantry of different flour types and keep the opened bags in the fridge or freezer as it ensures they stay fresh and the bugs cant get at them.
You May Like: Breyers Gluten Free Ice Cream