Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Vegan Soy-Free Refined Sugar-Free Paleo-Friendly
Youll want to make a double batch of these Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Crinkle Cookies one for you, and one to share! These paleo-friendly cookies are perfect for lunchboxes, the holidays, or even a weeknight dessert thankfully, they come together quickly!
Scoop The Sugar Cookie Dough
Using rounded tablespoons or a 1 ½-inch cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough out onto your prepared cookie sheet.
The smaller you scoop the cookies, the more cookies youll have and the faster theyll bake.
You will have at least 12 cookies, maybe more depending on the size of your scoop. I get about 16 from my batch using a 1 1/2 -inch cookie scoop.
How Do You Measure Gluten Free Flour
When baking with gluten free flour is it essential to measure your gluten free flour very carefully.
- Whisking your gluten free flour This ensures the flour is well combined and it is aerated.
- Carefully scoop your gluten free flour into a measuring cup USING A SPOON. Don’t scoop the flour directly with the cup. You’ll inadvertently get too much gluten free flour.
- Level your measuring cup off with a knife, or using the handle of the spoon. I have some self-leveling measuring cups that I love. If I’m using them, I never forget to level off my gluten free flour.
Don’t Miss: Food For Life Gluten Free English Muffins
All Almond Flours Are Not Created Equal
When I first made these paleo chocolate chip cookies, itd been quite a while since I last posted some grain-free recipes. I had run out of my favorite Bobs Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour months before and was so frustrated with the brands of almond flour available here in Germany since theyre so inconsistent.
Because I didnt want to deal with the hassle of ordering flour from the US, I thought Id wait it out until Christmas when Id be back in the US and could buy all the Bobs Red Mill I want.
But then I got a hankering for chocolate chip cookies. And I really wanted to make paleo cookies.
So I went to work and while every batch tasted amazing, the appearance and thickness was different every single time. The only variable?
The almond flour. The almond flour Id been buying varies from brand to brand and even within the same brand.
Tools For Making Amazing Cookies
To make good cookies that wont stick to the cookie sheet or burn unexpectedly, a great cookie sheet is a must-have. The one I own and love is this one. Its durable, has a great non-stick Teflon-free surface, and it will last you a long time. I use mine, A LOT, because obviously, I love baking cookies
Another tool I use quite often , is this cookie scoop. I love it because it makes scooping and dividing your cookie dough quick and easy.
Also Check: Wishbone Dressing Gluten Free
How To Store These Vegan Cookies
For storage tips, you have a few options for both baked cookies and cookie dough: room temperature, fridge, and freezer:
Store the cookies at room temperature on a plate and wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container.
Theyll last for about 5 days at room temperature
Store the cookies in an airtight container
Theyll last for about 7-8 days, depending on how cold your fridge is.
Store them in a plastic airtight bag or container for up to 3 months
Use A Kitchen Scale To Measure Ingredients
Have your ever tried a cookie recipe that had tons of positive reviews and feedback only to end up with flat and greasy, pancake-like discs? The usual culprit: your ingredients werent properly measured.
When it comes to baking it is crucial that you measure out your ingredients as precisely as you can for best results. This is a pretty easy task when it comes to measuring out liquids, but it can be tricky with dry ingredients like flours and nuts. This is because the density of your measuring cup will change depending on how you measure it. A tightly packed cup gluten-free flour will hold more mass than a lightly packed up.
You can easily avoid this problem altogether by investing in a kitchen scale. It doesnt have to be fancy, just accurate. Bonus: youll have less equipment to clean if you dont need to use measuring cups.
No Kitchen Scale? Measure your flour properly
The next best solution: measure your flour using the spoon and level method. Instead of scooping out the required flour directly into your measuring cup, you spoon the flour into the measuring cup until full and then use the back of a knife to level off the excess flour.
Did you make this?
Also Check: Gluten Free Cookies And Cream Ice Cream Brands
How To Make Gluten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg , molasses, and pure vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Add the gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the butter mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Either stir in the chips with a spoon or use your mixer on low to mix the chocolate chips into the cookie batter.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon or use a greased cookie scoop. .
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until they start to turn golden brown . Please watch your oven because all ovens are different.
- Cool and store leftovers in an air-tight container. Enjoy!
How To Make Sugar Cookies Gluten
To make sugar cookies gluten-free, Ive opted to use almond flour. Like some of my other cookie recipes, I feel good about giving my family treats that have *some* form of nutrition.
We get enough sugar and carbs in our diets, Id rather try to find some small ways to bump up the nutritional value in every area I can.
Almond flour is full of healthy fats, fiber, and protein, so even when my son wants a second cookie, I can feel good that he is filling up on more than just sugar thats going to make him crash after 30 minutes.
Also Check: Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
Classic Favourite Gluten Free Vegan Cookie Recipes
We all need a good oatmeal cookie recipe to turn to, and I have one for you below! The other cookies are also gluten free oatmeal cookie recipes, but with add-ins to make them unique and even more delicious.
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Vegan Soy-Free Refined Sugar-Free Paleo-Friendly
These Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies are incredibly rich and dark, with melty chocolate chunks and toasted walnuts for crunch. These chewy, fudgy dark chocolate chip cookies are gluten-free, paleo, and vegan, and perfect for the chocolate lover in your life.
Read Also: Is Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
Vegan Frosting For Sugar Cookies
After the cookies bake you want to let them completely cool before decorating. For frosting I use my homemade Vegan Vanilla Frosting or Vegan Vanilla Icing, both of which work great with these cookies. For a healthier version, try spreading sunflower seed butter on top instead of frosting. My daughter thinks this is the most delicious treat!
These photos of the snowflake cookies were taken using Dye-Free Sprinkles and refined sugar-free Vanilla Icing recipe! This is a thinner glaze-style topping that I think is really beautiful. I used these cookie cutters for the snowflake cookies.
We had so much fun decorating these Valentines Day cookies with Pink Sprinkles and Pink Heart Sprinkles! Make sure you check ingredients if youd like to avoid refined sugar. These are the cookie cutters we used for the Valentines Day cookies!
Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Dough Steps
Altogether youll need:
- A small mixing bowl to mix the aquafaba
- A stand mixer or an electric mixer with a large bowl so that you can properly cream the butter and sugar
- A prepared baking sheet
- Rolling pin
- Cookie Cutters
As for the steps, the preparation is simple and straight forward:
Also Check: Dove Chocolate Gluten
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
These gluten free sugar cookies are nice and big with chewy centers and perfectly crispy edges. They also just so happen to be vegan and ready to eat in under an hour!
I dont know why its taken me almost two years to bring you these gluten free sugar cookies theyre a classic! Soft, chewy and ultra big like the bakery style ones we know and love.
These cookies are perfectly sweet, buttery and have the most perfect texture. Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Theyre perfect for the holidays since they can easily be made into cutout cookies to decorate, or when youre just craving something sweet and delicious!
Are You Ready For Cuteness Overload
I dont know about you, but I personally think cute food makes everyday a celebration which is why I love these llama & cactus sugar cookies. Its a super fun dessert you can make with the kids during quarantine, over the weekend or on a rainy day. Basically, make them whenever you can .
It uses my favorite allergy-friendly sugar cookie dough which keeps it simple plus its our fav so why mess with the best. I shared the recipe on Allergylicious over holidays and just needed another reason to bake them again. Thankfully, I found these adorable llama and Cactus cookie cutters and knew it was time!
Also Check: Soft Bread Crumbs Substitute
How To Make Vegan Gluten Free Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, combine your monk fruit sweetener, sukrin , melted coconut oil and salt.
Step 2: Add your almond milk and vanilla extract, and whisk into the sugar mixture. Continue whisking until all the sugar has been relatively dissolved and glossy.
Step 3: Sift through your flour of choice and baking soda and mix until just combined- Do not overmix. Using a rubber spatula, fold in your dairy free chocolate chips.
Step 4: Cover your mixing bowl with plastic wrap or a cover of choice, and freeze the dough for 40 minutes.
Step 5: Preheat the oven to 175C/350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 6: Using a cookie scoop or 1/8 cup measuring cup, scoop out 10 portions of dough and place on the lined tray. Ensure the cookies are at least 2.5 inches apart, to allow cookies to spread.
Step 7: Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, or until the cookies just to start to go golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow cooling on the pan for 10 minutes, before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
How To Decorate Them
You can go simple by sprinkling them with sanding sugar before baking, or you can make a small batch of vegan buttercream or icing to customize them even more.
Im still learning the art of cookie decorating, so mine are nowhere near fancy! But thats the fun in making these cookies, you can make them as plain or as extravagant as you want and the entire family can help.
Feel free to decorate your cookies the way I did in my pictures or you can check out this article about sugar cookie decorating ideas that will help with inspiration on how to decorate your cookies.
You can also check out this video on sugar cookie decorating techniques that will give you some helpful tips.
Also Check: Jason’s Deli Gluten Free
Substitutions You Can Make
- You can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc.
- You can replace the coconut oil with coconut butter.
- You can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc.
- You can replace the gluten-free flour with rice flour.
- If you don’t need the cookies to be gluten-free, you can replace the gluten-free flour with plain flour.
- The ground almonds can be replaced with ground walnuts.
- For a nut-free version, use ground sunflower seeds instead of ground almonds and omit the frosting or make a different frosting!
How To Make This Recipe
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Mix together the ingredients for the cookie dough in a glass mixing bowl.
- Lay out a sheet of greaseproof baking paper on a counter. Sprinkle the surface of the paper and a rolling pin with a generous amount of flour and roll out the dough until about 5mm/1/4 inch thick.
- Use a circular cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the dough – you will probably have to roll the dough a few times until you use it all up.
- Transfer the cookies onto two rectangular baking trays.
Tip: Line the baking trays with greased baking paper to make sure the cookies don’t stick.
- Bake in oven for around 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- They will be slightly soft when you remove them from the oven – leave to cool completely to let them harden before applying the frosting.
Don’t Miss: Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Pie Crusts
Cranberry Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Vegan Soy-Free Refined Sugar-Free Paleo
Meet your new favorite cranberry pecan chocolate chip cookies! Perfectly crisp edges mixed with gooey chocolate chips and toasted pecans! The best homemade chocolate chip cookies to make for the holidays. Gluten-free, paleo, and vegan friendly!