Can I Meal Prep This Dairy
Yes, you definitely can. If you like to prepare meals completely and freeze, go ahead and use this alternative. It freezes just fine. If you want to prepare several batches of this Dairy-Free Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup in advance, you have two options. One is to quadruple the batch and portion it into four servings. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or can be frozen. The second is to use the Dry Mix Option in the recipe below!
Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipe
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large sauce pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk together milk and flour in a bowl while the broth is heating.
- When the chicken broth is boiling, add the milk and flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Continue wisking the mixture over medium heat until it thickens. It will continue to thicken as it cools, as well.
Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Soup
Yield: Cook Time: Total Time:
Easy gluten free cream of chicken soup to substitute for canned condensed cream of chicken soup in all of your favorite recipes. It takes only 10 minutes to mix this up on the stove, and it is creamy and delicious. It is also delicious by the bowl.
- 3 tablespoons Butter, Or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Rice Flour
- Â¾ cup Chicken Broth, Or vegetable broth
- Â½ cup Milk, Dairy or non-dairy
- Â¼ teaspoon Dried Parsley
You May Like: Gluten Free Hot Chocolate Mix
How To Make Gluten
- Pour the tomato puree, sauce, tomato paste, and chicken broth into a large pot. Stir together until fully combined and cook over medium heat.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the milk and gluten-free flour until fully combined. Pour the milk mixture into the tomato mixture and stir together until fully combined.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and brown sugar to the soup and stir until combined. Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until the soup thickens.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Recommended Reading: Pacific Chicken Wild Rice Soup
For The Cream Of Mushroom Soup:
Saute 4oz minced mushrooms plus 1 Tablespoon minced shallot in 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until the mushrooms release their liquid. Continue to saute until the liquid cooks off and the mushrooms are tender, 5-7 minutes. Scoop the mushroom mixture into a bowl then set aside.
Lower the heat to medium then melt 2 Tablespoons butter or vegan butter, sprinkle in 2-1/2 Tablespoons gluten-free flour, and whisk for 1 minute. Slowly stream in 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth while whisking to create a smooth sauce then add 1/2 cup milk plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Simmer until thickened then stir the mushrooms back into the soup.
Im telling you pure condensed soup GOLD, right here!! I hope you love these soup recipes and get many uses out of them for years to come. Enjoy!
Also Check: Red Potatoes And Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Recommended Reading: Is Gluten Free Pasta Low Carb
How To Make Creamy Risotto
Chicken breasts. Olive oil. Rosemary. Salt and pepper. Onion. Garlic. Fresh lemon. Arborio rice. White wine. Chicken stock. Mascarpone. Butter. Parmesan. Parsley. Creamy risotto is so easy to make. It requires a handful of ingredients and a little patience and thats it. Firstly, you need to use a short-grain rice variety for risotto.
The Key To Super Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup
As I mentioned, this healthy chicken pot pie soup is hearty and creamy, yet theres no dairy or cream involved! The secret is to add both cauliflower and potatoes to the soup, and then to blend some of it up to create a lovely, thicker broth. Ever since I made my creamy lightened up cauliflower broccoli cheddar soup, I became been obsessed with pureeing cauliflower in soups to create a creamy base that adds additional veggies.
Recommended Reading: Going Gluten Free And Dairy Free
Can You Substitute Cream Of Chicken Soup In Cooking Recipes
Yes, it is possible to replace the cream of chicken soup in any cooking recipe. There are more people who are looking for substitutes for the cream of chicken soup. The reason is that although this dish has an amazing consistency and flavor, it is packed with some health concerns because of its high fat, calories, and sodium content.
You can even replace it with various ingredients that meet your specific purpose. For example, cream of chicken soup can be alternated by vegan options, gluten-free ingredients, dairy-free, or keto substitutes.
For The Cream Of Chicken Soup
You May Like: Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate
Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipe Tips
To make a vegetarian version of this soup, omit the chicken and use vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock.
You can also make a dairy free cream of chicken soup using a butter alternative like Earth Balance and an unsweetened non-dairy milk such as almond or soy milk.
While cream of chicken soup is usually used in casserole recipes, it is also delicious eaten as is for lunch or with dinner. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Notes On Ingredients For This Gluten
- Tortilla I used Udis Gluten Free large plain tortillas. Theyre dairy, soy, and nut free too. I only needed one large tortilla to make enough for our 4 servings of soup, but if youre doubling or tripling the recipe, youll want to do the same with the tortilla strips. Easy, since they come 6 to a package! Note: these tortillas freeze well, so I put the leftover tortillas in the freezer so I can pull them out, thaw, and make tortilla strips again the next time we want this soup!
- Chicken Broth- Be sure to use a chicken broth that is clearly labeled gluten-free, or use your own homemade chicken stock. I use Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Broth. If you opt for a low-sodium version, be sure to taste your finished soup to make sure you dont need to add a bit of salt for flavor.
- Diced Tomatoes I prefer the petite diced tomatoes over the regular sized chunks. You can also use a can of petite diced with jalapeÃ±o instead of plain to give this soup some kick!
This is truly a 30 minute meal! I was running a stop watch while I cooked and prepared to serve. Even with writing the recipe down and adjusting seasonings as I worked, I still got it done in 30 minutes!
Another easy soup recipe for a weeknight is this easy turkey soup I love how it sneaks in a lot of veggies!
Read Also: Are Smirnoff Seltzers Gluten Free
Using This Recipe To Make Cream Of Chicken Soup
Once you have the condensed recipe made, making a warm, comforting bowl of homemade cream of chicken soup is quick and easy! Below is a fast version made from the condensed soup, or check out my gluten-free cookbook for a heartier, homemade recipe.
How To Make Easy Taco Soup:
How to Make Slow Cooker Taco Soup:
How to Make Instant Pot Taco Soup:
Dont forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try!
- Prep Time:10 min
You May Like: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Gluten Free
Is Campbells Cream Of Chicken Soup Gluten
According to the Campbells website, their cream of chicken soup is not gluten-free.
The ingredient list from the Campbells website shows:
Chicken broth, , modified corn starch, chicken fat, seasoned chicken, canola or soybean oil, wheat flour, salt, cream, modified milk ingredients, flavour, barley yeast extract, soy protein concentrate, onion powder, vinegar, beta carotene, spice extracts.
With this list, we can see wheat flour and barley yeast extract. Both of these ingredients contain gluten.
To stick with a gluten-free diet, you will want to avoid Campbells brand of cream of chicken soup.
Read on: Is yeast extract gluten-free?
Can I Use Something Different Than Cornstarch To Thicken It
While cornstarch is recommended thicken this soup, you could also use a high quality gluten-free cup for cup flour, arrowroot, tapioca or potato starch. I wouldnt recommend coconut or almond flour as this will not thicken your soup.
If you dont mind making this non-gluten-free, Pinch of Yum has a fun and easy take using traditional flour.
Recommended Reading: Is Soy Milk Gluten Free
The Best Panera Bread Soups
I have so many memories of going to Panera Bread with my friends throughout my teenage years and getting the You Pick Two. I would always get the Cream of Chicken & Wild Rice Soup + half of a sandwich, or a salad, depending on the day.
Panera Bread soups have always been a cold-weather favorite of mine, and I am so excited about this easy, healthier, and dairy-free version!
What Is A Cream Of Chicken Soup
Cream of chicken soup is a staple in many households.
It is made by thickening chicken broth or chicken stock with butter, milk, and flour to achieve a creamy texture and milky taste.
Salt, pepper, and herbs are also often used to season and enhance the flavor of this dish.
There are some people who always make their own soup from scratch at home, while others prefer the convenience of canned cream of chicken soup.
No matter which way you enjoy it more, cream of chicken soup is packed with a flavorful, buttery flavor, and creamy consistency.
However, store-bought cream of chicken soup is usually well-known for its high level of sodium as well as cholesterol and preservatives.
Cream of chicken soup can be eaten as a single dish.
If you buy it from a grocery store, you only need to pour it into a bowl, reheat, and serve immediately.
It is also easy to adjust the consistency of the dish per your preference.
Flour and cream will help thicken the texture, while liquid like milk, stock, or water will make it more watery.
This creamy soup is also often used in casseroles recipes, or as a base for other soups and stews.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free French Fries Fast Food
Are Progresso Soups Gluten Free
Progresso makes a variety of canned soups that the company says are gluten free, and you can view the most up-to-date list of gluten-free selections on the companys website.
Please note that according to the Progresso website, many of its soups are certified gluten free and the brand says it is a proud partner of the Celiac Disease Foundation.
However, I have read many Progresso soup can labels and have not found one certified gluten free claim or mark. I reached out to Progresso for comment and will update this article when/if I hear back from the company.
The gluten-free Progresso soup varieties labeled gluten free directly on the can include the following 18.5-19 ounce cans of soup with the signature blue label:
- Beef Pot Roast
At least the Nima Sensor didnt find gluten in the Gluten-Free Homestyle Chicken soup!
Knowing what you know now, you should enjoy Progresso soups at your own risk knowing some may varieties may contain traces of gluten, some do not.
If youre questioning the accuracy of the Nima Sensor, please know that its widely criticized for being too accurate that is, it can detect gluten below the 20 parts per million legal limit set forth by the FDA.
While Progresso soups may contain less than the legal limit, it may contain 18-19 ppm of gluten, and by my standards, thats not good enough. The Nima Sensor critics will disagree, but the facts dont lie.
How To Store Homemade Chicken Soup
My recipe for homemade chicken soup will freeze well. Before you freeze it make sure it is fully cooled and that you use a freezer safe container and leave enough space between the soup and the lid to allow the frozen soup to expand.
You can also keep in in an airtight container in your fridge for three to four days.
Also Check: Chicken Rice Vegetable Casserole Campbells
Don’t Miss: Low Carb Gluten Free Recipes
How To Thicken The Roux Without Superfine White Rice Flour
I really recommend using Authentic Foods brand superfine white rice flour. Vitacost also has a superfine white rice flour that has a relatively fine grind, too.
If you dont have a truly superfine white rice flour, you can try using arrowroot in its place. You can also try using tapioca starch/flour, but it may make the sauce gummy so try using 20 grams instead of 30.
If you use too little thickener in your soup, you can continue to cook the soup over medium-low heat to thicken it further. The more water that evaporates, the thicker the soup will be.
How To Make This Paleo Soup
This easy creamy dairy free chicken soup is made in a few simple steps.
Heres the step-by-step:
- Start by soaking the cashews for the cashew cream. In a small heat proof bowl cover raw cashews with just boiled water and set aside to soak .
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium heat and add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and salt. Sauté veggies until soft and starting to caramelize. Next comes the tomato paste and spices. Continue to cook until tomato paste has darkened slightly. This step deepens the flavor of the tomato paste and spices.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes, and chicken breasts and bring back to a simmer! If using already cooked leftover shredded chicken, dont add it until the next step.
- When chicken is cooked, carefully remove from the soup to a cutting board. Shred using two forks or cut into bite sized pieces and return it to the soup.
- Prepare the cashew cream and it to the soup along with parsley. Bring back to a simmer and cook for a few more minutes minutes to bring the flavors together and thicken the soup slightly.
- Turn off the heat. Add a few big handfuls of baby spinach and stir until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
You May Like: Tomato Soup Keto Friendly
Read Also: Are Seagrams Escapes Gluten Free
Is Cream Of Chicken Soup Dairy
Cream of chicken soup is not dairy-free, as it usually contains cream of milk in some form or another. I havent seen many great dairy-free cream of chicken soup options at grocery stores, so making your own at home may be your best option.
You can make cream of chicken soup at home to be dairy-free, by substituting milk or cream for a dairy-free substitute, like oat milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk. Any dairy-free milk alternative is a good choice, but I particularly like any option that is thick and creamy, like a cashew, oat, or coconut milk.
If youve been wondering if you can enjoy cream of chicken soup on your gluten-free diet, I hope this post has given you some hope that it is possible!
If you loved this post, I hope that youll share it with your friends on and pin it for future reference on .
You May Like: Does Lipton Onion Soup Mix Go Bad
What Is Cream Of Chicken Soup
Cream of chicken soup is well known as a soup made with a roux of butter and flour, chicken stock, and sometimes cooked chicken. The soup has a thick and creamy almost gravy-like flavor and texture. The liquid of the soup is usually made from milk or cream and chicken broth.
This soup is smooth, velvety, and perfect to enjoy on its own or in casseroles, crockpot dishes, or other home cooked meals.
You May Like: Knorr Chicken Bouillon Gluten Free