Low Carb Pumpkin Recipes
Delicious low carb and gluten free fall inspired pumpkin dessert recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Buttered Rum – low carb, sugar free
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
- Keto Pumpkin Pie – gluten free, sugar free
- Pumpkin Spice Keto Creme Brulee
Get our newest recipes, sent directly to your inbox!
Bacon Wrapped Cauliflower With Avocado Aioli Recipe
In this recipe, the flavour of the cauliflower is enhanced by the smoked bacon, maple syrup and black pepper. Sometimes the simplest combinations work the best. This easy to make appetizer is served with a creamy avocado aioli, but most dips will work well with this recipe. This appetizer is keto, paleo and gluten-free friendly. Only about 1 net carb each.
What Is Gluten And What Does Gluten
By definition, a gluten-free diet is one that does not include protein from gluten. Gluten is naturally found in grains like barley, rye, wheat, etc. This diet, used to manage gluten intolerance symptoms, is especially popular among folks who suffer from celiac disease and other health problems associated with gluten.
Following a gluten free diet will change how you incorporate fiber, vitamins, and other nutrients in your meal, so youll need to be wise when choosing substitutes that provide the nutrients necessary for a healthy diet.
Now, there have been other people who tend to avoid gluten in general because of claimed health benefits like: health improvement, weight loss, and an increase in energy levels. This sounds absolutely amazing, but theres very little clinical research done to support these claims for people without gluten intolerance, so youll like need to consult your doctor or dietitian before making any major dietary changes.
Recommended Reading: Tu Lus Gluten Free Bakery
Easy Keto Dinners By Popular Subcategory
If you are looking for specific types of keto dinners, these are the most popular categories:
- Keto Casseroles – So convenient to have your entire low carb dinner in one dish! There are a few casseroles that were runner-ups to the best keto dinner recipes listed above, so click over to see those.
- Keto Chicken Recipes – We all love variety, but readers request chicken more than any other protein for their low carb dinner ideas.
- Keto Beef Recipes – From steak to burgers and so much more, beef is another popular keto friendly dinner category.
- Keto Vegetarian Recipes – Try these if you prefer meatless keto meals.
Keto Cream Cheese Lemon Bars Recipe
These Keto Cream Cheese Lemon Bars are silky smooth, lemony with a buttery shortbread almond crust. This delicious keto dessert is made with two layers, a shortbread almond crust and creamy lemon layer. Both the shortbread crust and the lemon layer are simple to make. This its a low carb dessert not to be missed.
Read Also: Schar Gluten Free Puff Pastry Recipes
Keto Toppings For Your Homemade Crispbread
I find my favorite topping for these healthy crackers is by far avocado and thinly sliced radish. However I have lots of low carb topping to try next time. Though I have to say the avocado is great with the dry cracker and spices. Some combinations I think would be good are:
- turkey, cheddar and red onion
- roast beef, horseradish aioli
- cream cheese and smoked salmon
- Swiss cheese, ham and grainy mustard
- cream cheese, cucumbers and herbs
- salami, mayo and fresh ripe tomato slices
What Does Keto Mean
When people hear keto, they think of this super strict diet where its like you can never have carbs again! Thats not the case. Im not going full keto, I am just making some low carb recipes that are keto-friendly.
Wondering what qualifies as a keto recipe? This is where you take the number of carbs from a recipe and subtract the fiber to get the net carbs. Some use this diet in a more flexible manner, but typically the net carbs should be under 10 per recipe.
Interested in learning more about the keto diet? Check out my post, The Ketogenic Guide for Dummies. I have broken down everything you need to know and what you should consider before going full keto.
Recommended Reading: Bud Light Wheat Free
Keto Chicken Shawarma Kebabs
Venture out of your flavor comfort zone and try making some juicy keto chicken shawarma kebabs for dinner!
Youll want to marinate the cubed chicken breasts for at least 4 hours to get the herbs and spices to infuse with the meat. You can cook these on the grill or bake them in the oven, either way, youll still end up with perfectly succulent kebabs.
Keto Creamy Ranch Chicken Freezer Meal
Youll love this gluten-free keto recipe because its sooooooo simple to prepare and saves your precious time since its also freezer-friendly!
If you havent tried batch cooking yet, youre going to want to give this creamy ranch chicken recipe a go. Its super convenient because you can toss all the prepped ingredients in a bag, freeze it, and then add them in your Instant pot or slow cooker to simmer when youre ready to eat.
This kid-friendly meal takes only 35 minutes to whip up and has a 6-serving yield! 10/10 perfect for busybodies.
Also Check: Cauliflower Crust Pizza Publix
Jalapeo Popper Chicken Salad
One of the best things about this delicious jalapeño popper chicken salad is that it keeps you satiated for hours!
You can substitute the chicken for turkey if thats what you have on hand or adjust the number of jalapeños used in this recipe if youre not a fan of spicy food.
This is a fun gluten-free keto twist to traditional jalapeño poppers, and I wont be surprised if this becomes a regular in your weekly menu lineup.
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Salad
One of the things most people who go on a gluten-free keto diet miss are the usual fast food menu items like, cheeeeeseburgers!!! Now, I dont like feeling deprived of good food, so I made this keto bacon cheeseburger salad recipe to cater to those of us who have been daydreaming about munching on a big burger but are living a keto-friendly lifestyle.
If youre wanting to substitute beef with a different kind of meat, then thats totally fine! This is a versatile gluten free dinner recipe that works with a variety of meats, salad greens, and cheeses.
Bonus: This awesome salad can be eaten as is OR as a side! Enjoy it any way you want, youre the keto boss!!
Read Also: Gluten Free Artisan Sourdough Bread Recipe
Crispy Parmesan Dill Salmon
This crispy parmesan dill salmon is the stuff of your dreamy gluten-free keto date night dinners!
Youve got a beautiful salmon fillet seasoned with salt and pepper, encrusted with grated parmesan, crushed pork rinds, and minced garlic, THEN BAKED TO PERFECTION!
The good news is, you wont even need a culinary degree to make this at home and unsupervised. The steps are easy to follow and the ingredients are easy to acquire. In less than 30 minutes, youll have this ready and set on the table go on treat yourself!
How To Eat Low Carb On A Gluten
Unlike some popular diet combinations, a gluten-free low-carb diet is surprisingly easy to follow. Here is why the foods to avoid on a gluten free diet are pretty straight-forward if the food/product is made with wheat and wheat derivatives , barley, rye, triticale and seitan then it goes into the NO pile. Other foods that are not gluten-free include soy sauce and other sauces, malts, beers, and lagers.
With the increase in popularity of this diet, figuring out what foods to and not to eat has been made even easier since most products now are labelled whether they have gluten or not
On the other hand, a ketogenic diet calls for very little to no carbs and replacing them with high intakes of fats. With whole grains already eliminated from this combined eating plan due to having gluten, this very easily drops the amount of carbs you need to watch out for or avoid adding to yourgrocery list.
For the most part, as long as you follow the keto diet guidelines, you will most likely stay gluten free but it does not hurt to exercise caution.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Puff Pastry Recipe Ideas
Bacon Green Bean Casserole
Now, this dish is the perfect side for any holiday setting!
This gluten-free keto recipe boasts a decent amount of calcium, vitamins K and A, and silicon, thanks to the main ingredient GREEN BEANS!!
Aside from the bacon and green beans, this recipe calls for some crushed pork rinds to add that depth of flavor and crunch. This is just the dish your holiday menu needs to make this years celebration even better!
Simple can oftentimes be the best. Take this warm bacon and egg salad for instance! Gluten-free, nut-free, keto, and without any surprises.
Okay, theres one surprise. It tastes like the ones from the fancy restaurants!
Who says eating a salad has to be boring?
Expert Tips For Making Vegetarian Zucchini Lasagna
- Slice the zucchini around 1/8 inch if it is too thick it can be chewy.
- The key to having a successful end result is to make sure you remove as much moisture as possible from the zucchini before adding it to the lasagna. you can either sprinkle the slices lightly with salt and set aside to let the excess liquid drain in a colander OR you can grill it first, and place zucchini on paper towels to soak up any excess moisture.
- This is a great dish to use up any veggies you have in your fridge try mushrooms, baby spinach, or even roasted butternut squash!
- Turn it into a make ahead dish: You can cook the veggie/sauce mixture and store it in the fridge 24 hours before hand, remove the moisture from your zucchini a day before, and make the cheese mixture and store it in an airtight container the day before too! On the day of, all you have to do is assemble and bake! You can also make and assemble this recipe up to 8 hours in advance and store it in the fridge before baking. Just keep it covered in the fridge and then bake it when you are ready.
Also Check: Manini Gluten Free Ravioli
Keto Ham And Cheese Egg Cups Recipe
Using only three ingredients plus seasoning, these low carb ham and cheese egg cups are simple enough for anyone to make. They remind me a bit of an eggs benedict but without the muffin. The best part they are so pretty and tasty you can serve them for a special brunch. The ham has crispy edges, the cheese is oozing with deliciousness, and the eggs are perfectly cooked.
Is Zucchini Lasagna Healthy
Absolutely! By replacing the lasagna noodles in this dish, you are not only cutting carbs and calories, but you are also adding tons of nutrition! This recipe is:
- High in Fiber: Each serving of this lasagna has 6 grams of heart healthy fiber. Fiber is also helpful for improving digestion and lowering blood sugar levels.
- High in Plant Protein: Youll get 13 grams of filling, plant based protein in each serving!
- Packed with Vitamins and Nutrients: Zucchini is rich in Vitamins A, C, K, Folate, B6, Potassium and Magnesium.
You May Like: Gluten Free Meal Plan And Shopping List
Will Kids Enjoy This Vegetarian Lasagna
This lasagna has become a real hit in our house, it still has all of the flavors of a traditional lasagna recipe but it packs so many more health benefits! Kids tend to love it, and often wont notice that youve replaced the pasta with a vegetable! Its a great way to sneak in extra veggies for dinner
The Top 13 Low Carb Gluten
When it comes to popularity, some recipes just have an unfair advantage. They were made earlier in the year and so have had more time to be viewed and shared by the general public. Or they get picked up and shared by a big name site or a big name blogger and so they get greater exposure. Or they are made with chocolate and peanut butter. There is no denying that chocolate and peanut butter is always an unfair advantage. So some recipes are just more popular than others and today I am counting down the 13 Most Popular Recipes of All Day I Dream About Food.
But because I know that chance and timing and other factors can affect a recipes popularity, I thought Id also give out 13 Honourable Mentions. Recipes I love that didnt quite make the pageview cut-off. Some of them I love because they just taste so damn good. Some of them I love because they were innovative and unique. And some I love because they have wonderful memories attached to them. There are probably a lot more I could throw in there for any number of reasons, but I had to limit myself somewhere.
So here are 26 of the Best Low Carb recipes of 2013.
Read Also: Gluten Free Alternative To Bread Crumbs
Tips For The Best Keto Biscuits
Here are a few tips to get the best batch of keto low carb biscuits with almond flour possible:
- Use finely ground, blanched almond flour. I mentioned this above but cant stress it enough! To get the best texture, you need to use the right almond flour. Youre not going to want to buy almond meal for this recipe, but instead get this finely ground, blanched almond flour.
- Mix well. Be sure your dough is completely uniform.
- Pack the dough into the cookie scoop. If you forget to pack that cookie scoop well, your dough will crumble as you release it onto the parchment paper.
- Give them room . Unlike those made with wheat flour, low carb biscuits with almond flour dont spread or rise much. Because of that, an inch is totally enough space to leave between scoops of dough.
- The optional sour cream makes them lighter. You can omit the sour cream if you prefer denser low carb biscuits, but definitely include it if you like them more fluffy.
- Let them cool a little. You can definitely enjoy your keto friendly biscuits fresh out of the oven , but the texture improves if you let them cool a bit from hot to warm.
- Watch the cooking video for more tips.Watch the video on YouTube!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
This lemon pepper chicken wings recipe is the crowd-pleaser you didnt know you needed!
Theyre gluten-free, high in protein, savory and have an amazing lemon zest-y kick to them. Super flavorful and yet so very easy to make! Toss them in a Ziploc bag, let them marinate for a few hours, and then pop them in the oven. See? Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Now, despite wings being a fan favorite snack among football fans, these can also be served as a main course. So, make a batch and eat them any time you feel like it, we wont judge theyre really THAT good!
You May Like: Cascadian Farms Cereal Gluten Free