How To Make Vegan Gluten Free Cookies
The dough texture for these stellar vegan cookies is soft and mushy versus crumbly that’s normal!
Love Corn Habanero Chilli
If you love spicy snacks, you will be obsessed with Love Corn’s Habanero Chilli flavor. Consider yourself warned, these corn nuts are fiery. As soon as you open the bag, the smell of corn and spice is strong. These savory roasted kernels is packed with flavor, crunchy, and they taste healthy. Order a box of 20 from their website or start slowly with a single bag at stores such as CVS. Love Corn also comes in BBQ, Sea Salt, and Salt & Vinegar.
How To Make Vegetable Chips
Start by slicing the vegetables using a mandoline or sharp knife. Add them to a mixing bowl and toss through salt, pepper, and if desired, a dash of oil.
Now, place the veggie chips onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove the chips from the oven and let them cool completely before serving.
Also Check: Gluten Free Artisan Sourdough Bread Recipe
Why This Is The Best Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
If youre looking for a vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe that tastes just like a classic chocolate chip cookie in both taste and texture, then look no further.
This vegan gluten free cookie recipe is it!
Ive tested these oat flour chocolate chip cookies over and over, and they just come out perfectly each time. Theyve even been tested and approved by some non-vegan taste testers, who were shocked by the results.
Perfectly crisp edges with molten middles, just sweet enough with a lovely chewy texture, and full of vegan chocolate. And the best part? Youd never know that these gluten free chocolate chip cookies are gluten free!
Plus, these cookies are just so incredibly easy to make . And they go perfectly with a glass of soy milk or oat milk!
How To Make Classic Vegan And Gluten
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F . Line 1-2 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
2. Create your flax egg by energetically whisking the ground flaxseed meal with water in a small bowl. Set aside to gel and thicken. You can use a fork or a small whisk for this task.
3. Sift or whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt into a separate bowl and set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the vegan butter, cane, and brown sugar until there are no lumps of butter and it looks fluffy. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. This will take about 3 minutes. Then add in the flax egg and vanilla and blend until well light and creamy, 1 minute more.
5. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture until it forms cookie dough that is soft, yet thick enough to stick to a spoon if turned over.
6. Mix in the chocolate chips by hand, using a wooden spoon. You want an even number of chips in every bite, so mix thoroughly without overworking the dough.
7. Use a 3-tablespoon scoop to make 16 same-sized cookie dough mounds. Place them on your prepared cookie sheets spaced 2 apart. They will spread out as they cook, so there is no need to flatten them.
8. Bake on the middle oven rack for 12 minutes.
Enjoy warm, for a gooey, chocolate chip melty cookie experience. Or when cooled for a crispy on the outside, irresistibly soft on the inside cookie.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Bread Crumbs Substitute
Which Kettle Chips Are Vegan
Luckily there are some vegan Kettle chips even though many of their flavors are not. As previously said, simple flavors are usually the safest. Same goes for my favorite vegan Kettle chips.
Whats so great about this flavor is its simplicity. There are very few ingredients and none listed as Natural Flavor, which usually means animal products. So this is a safe bet for vegans who love Kettle chips. -And they are delicious.
These Kettle chips are vegan although recipes might differ in the future. Its also essential to note that recipes can be different in other countries. However, these are vegan US Kettle chips products.
Why Use Coconut Sugar
Sugars like coconut sugar, maple sugar, maple syrup and brown rice syrup are considered unrefined sugars because they still maintain some nutrients. For instance, coconut sugar contains zinc, calcium, potassium, antioxidants, and a fiber called inulin, which slows glucose absorption. now dont get me wrong. Sugar is sugar is sugar. Resist the urge to stat adding MORE sugar, in the form of coconut sugar, just because it has nutrients. But if the only change you make in your diet is swapping out white refined sugar for some of these alternatives, youve already made a step in the right direction.
Read Also: Is Bud Light Gluten-free
Beanitos Black Bean Chips
Beanitos Black Bean Chips are non-GMO, gluten and corn-free, and packed with 4 grams of protein. If youre looking for a tasty chip to dip into guacamole or hummus, look no further. A reviewer on Amazon summed it up pretty concisely: So long potato chips and any other type. You have been replaced with a true winner by the name of Beanitos Original Black Bean with Salt. Yes! Buy some for yourself for $14.99!
Does Flour Have Gluten
Luckily, not all flours contain gluten. Obviously, all-purpose wheat flour and whole-wheat flour contain gluten. However, theres a wide list of gluten-free flour to help you create vegan gluten-free baking goods. See the picture above to find the gluten-free flour list. Some of the most popular gluten-free flours are:
Also Check: Tuscan Garden Italian Salad Dressing
Doritos Without Gluten Ingredients
The following list consists of Doritos flavors that are free from gluten ingredients:
- Blaze Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Flamin Hot® Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Flavor Shots Fiery Habanero Triangles
- Jacked Ranch Dipped Hot Wings Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Poppin Jalapeño Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Salsa Verde Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Simply Organic Spicy White Cheddar Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Spicy Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Taco Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Tapatio® Flavored Tortilla Chips
These are all virtually free from gluten products. -And you are most likely safe to eat some of these flavors. That being said, they are not 100% gluten-free and can cause issues. So I recommend that you avoid these to be completely safe. Opt for the entirely gluten-free flavors instead.
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
These amazing vegan chocolate chip cookies require just a few simple gluten free and dairy-free ingredients. Heres what you need:
- Oat flour: Of course, if youre making oat flourchocolate chip cookies, youre going to need oat flour! I recommend using store bought oat flour, but I give tips below on how to use homemade. I have specifically developed these gluten free cookies for oat flour, and not a gluten free flourblend. However, my easy vegan chocolate chip cookies have been developed for gluten-free 1:1 baking flour, so you may swap that in if youd prefer for that recipe .
- Arrowroot starch: You can easily swap in cornstarch if you need, but this just helps give a bit more of a chewytexture to these gluten free chocolate chip cookies.
- Leavening agents: This will help create a bit more of a puffier cookies rather than flat and crisp.
- Vegan butter
- Granulated sugar & brown sugar: Make sure that youre using organic granulated sugar, as this will ensure that its vegan. Not all sugar is vegan, so if you want to ensure your vegan gluten free cookies are truly vegan, use organic and double check with your brand!
- Dairy-free yogurt: This replaces eggs in traditional cookie recipes.
- Vanilla extract: You can also use vanilla powder.
- Vegan chocolate chips: I recommend using Pascha Chocolate, Enjoy Life, or Valrhonas new Amatika vegan milk chocolate. Any of your favorite dark chocolate brands will work!
Recommended Reading: Lactose And Soy Free Protein Powder
Tips For Shopping Gluten Free And Dairy Free Snacks
- Choose the place. Health food stores, are ideal places to buy gluten free and dairy free ingredients especially for frozen or refrigerated foods. But you might find even a larger variety when browsing online retailers. No matter your physical location if you cant find something in your local grocery stores you will definitely find it online.
- Read the ingredient label. Dont just rely on front labeling read the ingredient list on the back of the packaging, sometimes youll find that the expectations dont correspond with the actual ingredients. You can also find out warnings of cross-contamination , which is really helpful for those with severe allergies.
- Certified Gluten Free, Dairy Free Or Vegan is the best way to be sure a products is indeed free of those. For people Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity is very important because even trace amounts can cause serious symptoms. This certification means that it does not rely solely on product testing to ensure safety, but examines the entire practices and production process of the facility from ingredient sourcing to employee training, cleaning practices and cross-contact controls. An example is oats. They are naturally gluten free but if the package is not certified gluten free, the product is likely to contain trace amounts of gluten due to cross contamination.
- Stick to naturally gluten-free foods. The best way to ensure a proper nutrition is to eat whole foods and occasionally some packaged foods.
What Does It Taste Like
Just like Jackfruit, banana blossom is pretty much tasteless. It tastes like what to want it to be, in other words you have to tailor it to suit.
While banana blossom doesn’t taste completely like fish, it’s flaky texture gives off the illusion plus using condiments like nori sheets, lemon and seaweed help yield more flavour.
Recommended Reading: Does Jersey Mike’s Have Gluten Free Bread
Caramel Nougat Chocolate Bar
Offering products made with organic, nutrient-dense whole foods, Nellys Organics works healthy options such as raw pumpkin seeds, fair trade vanilla beans, raw coconut, creamy almond butter, and raw cashews into their chocolate and nougat chocolate bars. If we must choose, were going with the Caramel Nougat bar. This soy-free, kosher treat is palm oil-free and packed with 5g of protein per serving .
Lundberg Brown Rice Cakes
Lundbergs whole grain rice cakes are certified organic and gluten-free, not to mention GMO-verified. These rice cakes are the perfect base for whatever you love including avocado, hummus, and nut butter. Reviewer Diane Becerra simply stated, Five stars good rice cakes and very good tasting. This pack of 12 $33.86!
Recommended Reading: Are Dove Ice Cream Bars Gluten-free
What Is Banana Blossom
Also know as banana heart, is the purple skinned flower that is fleshy in texture and is shaped like a tear.
Banana blossom grows at the end of a banana fruit cluster and is used a lot in south east Asian cooking.
It is eaten raw or cooked and is used because of its flaky, chunky texture which makes a great fish substitute.
How To Make Homemade Keto Tortilla Chips
To make these simple almond flour chips, you need 4 simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- Almond flour sometimes called almond meal or ground almond all are similar. I used blanched almond flour, but unblanched almond flour would work well. Only the color of the low-carb tortilla chips would differ. Learn how to choose the best flours for your keto diet.
- Chia seeds I used black chia seeds. Use the one you have. Any color would work here.
- Spices of your choice play with the spices and create various low-carb tortilla chip flavors! I love to combine ground cumin, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast this gives a cheesy flavor while adding lots of vitamins B1 and B2. Other great ideas are smoked paprika, paprika, dried rosemary, curry powder, or even turmeric!
- Olive oil I also tried the recipe with different healthy oils like avocado oil, almond oil, and hazelnut oil. It is a great way to give a different flavor to the chips.
Read Also: Is Klondike Gluten Free
Vegan Fish And Chips Recipe
A vegan rendition of the infamous British cuisine known as fish and chips. Using banana blossom in place of fish, encased in a crispy gluten free batter served with chunky chips.
Whether you are a vegan or simply on the hunt for a pseudo fish replica then this recipe is just for you.
Before I delve into the details of that you need to make this recipe right the first time. I will put this disclaimer out there, this recipe does requires SHALLOW FRYING.
Those of you that know my style of cooking will know that I’m not a huge fan of deep fat frying. However, the only way that I can successfully cook this fish is to fry it in a bit more oil then I would normally use.
I tried a million times to air fry the “fish” but it just didn’t work out for me so I want you to be aware of this cooking method before hand.
Also, this recipe is strictly a CHEAT MEAL not CHEAT DAY, meaning it’s not something I would recommend you eat on a daily basis nor should you compromise your eating habit after having this meal.
Why because shallow and deep frying isn’t the best cooking method to use.
This recipe is an exception to my usual cooking style, but as mentioned before this recipe may not be for you so scroll on and read to decide for yourself.
If it’s not for you, that’s okay because if I will update the cooking method to being oil free/healthier in the future if possible.
Can I Make These In The Oven
Yes, you can definitely make these apple chips in the oven but it will take a lot longer, around 2 hours or so. This is why I chose to create this 15 minute recipe using the air fryer. To bake them in the oven, place them in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and cook them at 200 degrees F for 2 hours, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time. It may take a little less or more time depending on your oven so check them during cooking so they do not burn.
You May Like: Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free