Is Your Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe Nut Free
Yep, this is a nut-free recipe. But of course, make sure you check the ingredients label on all the products you use to bake this cake.
Even if the products dont contain nuts, they may have a may contain nuts warning due to being produced in a factory that handles nuts.
You can never be too careful so always read the labels on everything first!
Why Ive Got Another Of The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipes
Another match made in heaven is cinnamon-sugar and bananas. The cinnamon swirl flavors every bite, but of course is concentrated on the top and toward the center, as thats where we put the swirl mixture.
Every single crumb of the banana bread itself is fork-squish tender , but the swirl itself is just on another level entirely. But somehow it doesnt make the slices delicate or prone to falling apart.
There are so many textures in this banana bread, which come together to make it feel extra special: the soft and springy cake texture with a super moist crumb, with the crispy, crunchy top. Regular banana bread really just cant compare.
When To Use Almond Meal Vs Almond Flour
Almond meal and almond flour can typically be used interchangeably in quick breads and cookies and they are great gluten-free alternatives to traditional flours.
However, for recipes where a more cake-like consistency and less prominent almond flavor is desired, almond flour is definitely the way to go because of its lighter texture, color, and more neutral flavor.
You May Like: Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Cereal
Easy Banana Bread Mix
If you want to upgrade your classic vegan banana bread to have a bit more excitement, try some of these fun banana bread mix-ins and toppings!
- Chopped nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, almonds, even peanuts!
- Chocolate chips
- Spices, such as pumpkin pie spice, chai spice blend, cardamom, etc.
- Lemon or orange zest
- Dried fruit, such as cranberries or chopped apricots
- Maple syrup: you can add just a tablespoon of maple syrup for a bit more of a maple-y taste without messing up the texture!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Bread
Published: · Modified: Jul 25, 2022 by Pinch of Wellness · This post may contain affiliate links · This blog generates income via ads ·
This easy gluten free dairy free banana is one of my favorites! The banana bread is moist and tender and has the perfect banana flavor. It tastes just like normal bread!
This banana bread recipe is one of my all-time favorite recipes! It requires just a couple of ingredient swaps to make it dairy-free and gluten-free.
The recipe also incorporates applesauce as a sweetener, to make it a low-sugar banana bread! Dont worry though, Ive included notes on how much sugar to use in case you want the real stuff!
Read Also: Gluten Free Fried Onions Whole Foods
Dish By Dish Tips/tricks:
- Optional Opt-Ins: If you prefer a fancier banana bread, feel free to fold in 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts, chocolate chips or even fresh blueberries to the batter before transferring to the loaf pan and baking.
- Make Muffins: If you rather make banana muffins instead of banana bread, you can simple divide the batter between the cavities of a regular muffin mold and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Sugar Free Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
I havent tried this recipe with a sugar alternative, but you might try replacing half of the granulated sugar with Lankato monkfruit granulated sugar alternative. Monkfruit and other substitutes can be quite drying, but if you only replace half in this otherwise very moist recipe, it should be okay.
Also Check: 4 Week Glute Workout Plan
Can I Bake Your Gluten Free Banana Bread With Less/no Sugar
I can definitely understand the need to reduce sugar in our foods, but I wouldnt advise it with this recipe.
Of course, the sugar isnt just for sweetness its an integral part of the structure of the cake.
Yes, theres lots of natural sugar in banana, but the extra brown sugar helps to cake to develop a nice, even crust instead of coming out like pudding.
What Makes This Banana Bread Nourishing & Healthy
Theres a reason why I call this banana bread nourishing and it isnt just because I love that word rather its because this bread is a delicious nutrient-dense option to enjoy for breakfast, snacks and even a treat. Heres what makes this banana bread healthy & wonderful:
- Almond flour is high in protein, vitamin E, fiber, healthy fats and low carb. Its great for those who want to incorporate a more nutrient-dense flour into their diet. Feel free to check out more of my recipes using almond flour here.
- Flaxseed meal is a staple ingredient in my diet. I love putting it in smoothies, using it as an egg replacement in vegan recipes, and additionally, it happens to be high in fiber, protein and omega 3 fatty acids. You can read more about flaxseeds here.
- Naturally sweetened: this almond flour banana bread is naturally sweetened with only bananas, which helps to keep it fairly low sugar.
The first time I baked this up, Tony and I couldnt stop going back for a second very thick slice. Its especially good when topped with butter and a sprinkle of sea salt. I also do highly recommend using chocolate chips because it sweetens up the banana bread perfectly.
Also Check: Is Gluten Free Bread Good For You
How To Ripen Unripe Bananas
Want to make banana bread but your bananas arent ripe enough? I learned this super quick method for ripening bananas fast in the oven.
Easy! Use this trick:
I hope you love this vegan banana bread recipe as much as I do! If you make it, let me know down below in the comments section, along with giving it a rating so that other people can see.
As always, I love to see your beautiful creations on and , so be sure to tag me there! Please leave a review as well as a rating so that others may find this recipe too!
Happy classic banana bread baking!
The Best Gluten Free Banana Bread
What is better than the warm aroma of freshly baked banana bread wafting from the kitchen?
Its a comforting smell and a comforting process to bake it from scratch. I have a recipe on NK for paleo banana bread thats made with almond flour and tapioca flour, but I thought itd be a good idea to share a recipe for a classic banana bread made with a gluten free flour blend.
This recipe calls for chocolate chips, but if youre not a fan , you can leave them out, or substitute with some chopped nuts.
Overall its a simple recipe easy to make and a joy to eat. Something to be made with love and shared with family and friends time and again.
Also Check: Gluten Free Chicken Gravy Packet
Is This Recipe Low Fodmap
If youre on the elimination phase of the low FODMAP diet, this might not be the recipe for you.
You can only eat a third of a ripe banana so if youre in the elimination phase of the diet, you can eat a little but I mean a little. You can eat a lot more banana if its unripe, but unripe bananas just arent as good!
Once youve reintroduced banana with success, Id recommend giving this one a go.
How To Store & Freeze Almond Flour Banana Bread
- To store: this banana bread should be kept well-covered in foil or plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 3 days, then I recommend transferring it to the fridge or freezer.
- To freeze: simply wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil and finally place in a reusable bag or freezer friendly bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature once you are ready to eat. You can also feel free to freeze individual slices for a quick on-the-go treat!
Also Check: Gluten And Dairy Free Biscuits
How To Make Easy Gluten Free Banana Bread
This healthy banana bread recipe comes together quickly and follows the same formula as most sweet bread recipes, but there are a few extra tips to make it come out the best!
Heres the step-by-step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and line with parchment paper so it hangs over the long edge of the pan. I like to use small binder clips to hold the parchment paper down on each long side of the pan as pictured above. This makes lifting the loaf out of the pan much easier.
- Mix together wet ingredients. Add mashed bananas, eggs, avocado oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Mix together dry ingredients and combine with wet ingredients. In another bowl whisk together gluten free flour blend, baking soda, kosher salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine. You dont have to worry about over-mixing with gluten free flour like you do with regular flour, so stir thoroughly until no more spots of dry flour remain. Stir in the chocolate chips if using.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Add an extra handful of chocolate chips to the top of the loaf if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour to an hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan and slicing.
Can You Substitute Gluten Free Flour For All Purpose Flour
In most banana bread recipes, you could easily swap out an all-purpose flour for a gluten-free flour blend, assuming the blend you use contains a binder, like xanthan gum already in it. If it does not, you could add your own xanthan gum.
If you dont have a gluten-free flour blend that you love, you can check out one of these and give them a test drive to find one that suits your baking needs.
Recommended Reading: Sir Lancelot High Gluten Flour
How To Freeze Bread:
- Let bread cool completely at room temperature.
- Arrange cooled slices in a single layer on a baking sheet or dish. Place sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes until the slices are solid .
- Then, place frozen slices of bread in airtight freezer bags or an airtight container and transfer them to the freezer.
- Store in a freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, let thaw on the counter or pop in the microwave for a minute or two until warm.
Making Banana Bread In One
You can make this recipe in a stand mixer, with a hand mixer, or by hand. Your choice! The key is mixing well after each addition. See below!
Step 1: Cream the coconut oil and sugar.Step 2: Plop the bananas in one at a time, mashing them into the creamed sugar & oil after each addition.Step 3: Mix in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.Step 4: Dump all the dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients in the bowl, then mix until well blended.Step 5: Pour the batter into a loaf pan, spread evenly, and bake!
Hint, hint: this recipe can be made not only with just one bowl but also with one – ½ cup measuring cup and one – 1 teaspoon measuring spoon! Hooray for fewer dishes!
Recommended Reading: Omaha Steaks Hot Dogs Gluten Free
Slightly Decreased The Oil
Almonds, like all nuts, naturally contain some oil. They contain more oil than the very small amount youll find in whole wheat flour. Fun fact: all-purpose flour has been stripped of all oils, which is why it keeps longer.
I was able to reduce the amount of oil in this recipe slightly, by dropping the oil from 1/3 cup to 1/4 cup. In fact, I was able to get by with as little as 2 tablespoons oil in this recipe, but I love the rich texture produced by 1/4 cup.
Tips For The Best Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
Dont over-mix the batter!
Stir the banana bread batter until it is just mixed. The dry ingredients should be fully incorporated into the wet, but since well also be adding in the banana separately, make sure not to over mix, or youll end up with a gummy texture.
Measure your flour correctly!
I personally recommend using weighted measurements over a measuring cup. Your measurements will be way more accurate, and youll be more likely to achieve the desired result. However, if you dont have a kitchen scale, please make sure that you spoon and level the flour into your cup measurements rather than scooping the flour. Scooping will lead to too much flour in the batter, and unfortunately a dry banana bread!
If your bananas arent super ripe:
Not a problem! Personally, I like to leave my bananas on the table for about 5 days before I make banana bread. However, if you dont have that time, no problem. You can actually bake the bananas for just under an hour in the oven to brown them! I follow this quick ripening banana trick from time to time .
Dont forget the nutmeg!
This is the key to a classic banana bread taste. Trust me, no one will know that this healthy banana bread recipe is entirely vegan, and I partially attribute this to the nutmeg. Nutmeg adds a nice kick to the cinnamon and makes it more lively.
Keep the oven shut while baking:For a super moist vegan banana bread:
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Deep Dish Pizza Chicago
How To Make The Best Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Bread
Mash the bananas. The recipe takes about 3 medium bananas, however, I highly recommend measuring them for best results. You need 1 cup of mashed bananas.
Combine the wet ingredients. Mix the mashed bananas, eggs, butter, applesauce, and sugar together with an electric mixer.
Combine the dry ingredients. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to a separate bowl and mix.
Combine: Mix the wet and dry with a spoon. Dont over-mix!
Spread into a greased loaf pan and bake!
What Can Replace Eggs In Banana Bread
Unlike other vegan banana bread recipes on the web, were actually replacing eggs with just mashed banana. Some recipes use ground flaxseed to make flax eggs, but Ive actually found the texture is much better if we just omit the vegan egg substitutes all together.
Thats right: this vegan banana bread does not use any vegan egg substitutes, making it a super approachable and easy one bowl recipe.
Don’t Miss: Are Ricola Cough Drops Gluten Free
Pin This Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread Recipe For Later
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease bread pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the bananas and beat them until smooth with a mixer . No large chunks should remain.
- To the bananas, add vegan butter, sugar, non-dairy milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Beat until blended well.
- To the same bowl add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Fold with a spatula until combined well.
- Gently fold in walnut pieces or chocolate chips if you are adding.
- Pour into greased bread pan.
- Place in oven for 45-55 minutes. When done, a toothpick inserted when come out clean.
- *The top of the bread should be a deep brown color. If after 45 minutes, your bread needs more time, cover the top with foil and continue cooking in 5 minute intervals until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes in pan. Then carefully remove and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
Dairy Free Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
This recipe is already dairy-free, and I really recommend that you use the virgin coconut oil and not substitute it with butter. It helps keep the batter the proper consistency for swirling, and butter has more moisture which can cause the bread to sink as it cools.
If you dont have a problem with dairy, you can replace the plain yogurt with an equal amount, by weight, of sour cream or regular dairy-containing Greek-style yogurt. Dont attempt to replace the yogurt with anything thinner, like buttermilk or milk.
Read Also: Gluten Free Products At Costco
Tips For The Best Gluten
- Use overly ripened bananas: Buy the bananas at least a week ahead of baking time to allow them to over ripen. If your bananas are not quite ready, you can bake them at 300°F for 20-30 minutes. Once the banana peel starts to turn black, they are ready for use.
- Start with room temperature ingredients: The coconut oil or softened butter, depending on what you use, will harden if all of the ingredients are not at room temperature. Have both the yogurt and eggs come to room temperature before starting.
- Adjust the flavors to your liking: You can fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips, walnuts, or even add spices like cinnamon, cardamom, or nutmeg.
- Freeze leftovers: For any leftovers, you can wrap the entire loaf or slices in plastic wrap and then again in aluminum foil and store the loaf in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Can I make muffins or mini loaves? Yes, this recipe can easily be used to make muffins or mini bread loaves. Add the batter to a well-greased muffin pan or mini loaf pan, and adjust the baking time to 25-30 minutes, or until the center of the bread comes out clean with a toothpick.