Newgem Foods All Natural Wraps
Okay, these NewGem wraps are SO WEIRD. But I absolutely love them. They are not a typical wrap or tortilla . Theyre sort of like a vegetable-based fruit roll up but in a really good way.
Theyre flexible to roll and contain any savory fillings you like. The descriptive words that I want to use dont sell these wraps, I realize. How can I convince you to give them a try?
The tomato variety is my favorite, but I also love the carrot variety. The carrot one has zero WeightWatchers SmartPoints , and the tomato one has 1 SmartPoint. If you hate them, Im sorry! But I adore them.
Here are the other details:
- Size of package: 2.2 ounces
- Price you should expect to pay: between $7 and $8
- Fresh or frozen: Fresh
- Availability: Fair. I purchase these on Amazon.com in 4 packs of 2 tomato, 2 carrot.
- Other common allergens: soy
- Ingredients: tomato paste , apples, organic palm wax, vegetable glycerin, soy protein isolate, powdered cellulose, fruit pectin, chipotle pepper sauce , filtered water
- Shelf life/storage: Theres a freshness date, but its nearly a year in the future. The product does not need any refrigeration.
Endurance Crackers Vegan And Gluten
In addition to being insanely good for you, this gluten-free cracker recipe has a huge dose of protein and fiber. With a ton of different seeds and no refined sugars or carbs, you get pure energy. These delicious crackers fit a gluten-free diet as well as a vegan one. Theyre the perfect tasty little morsel to enjoy when you want a midday snack, but need something healthy as well as filling. These will keep you going through a busy day all the way until dinnertime! Spread them with some hummus or peanut butter for additional protein and flavor.
The Good News Is That You Can Indeed Make A Tasty Cracker Without Adding All Purpose Flour
Also, you can make these tasty crackers yourself in your own kitchen. This means that you can add the ingredients that you want to add and know exactly what you are adding.
I am making this recipe with sharp cheddar cheese.This is because I really like the flavor that sharp cheddar cheese has. This is especially true when it comes to a cracker recipe such as this one.
More Low Carb Crackers Recipes
If you like this paleo crackers recipe, you might also like these:
- Low Carb Keto Cheese Crackers Just like the little cheese crackers you grew up eating, but made with wholesome and REAL ingredients!
- Keto Fathead Crackers With Coconut Flour I took my popular fathead dough recipe and turned it into a cracker. Its a nut-free option for crackers on keto.
- Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Graham Crackers Like your keto crackers sweet? Try out these sweet, but sugar-free crackers.
You Will Also Need A Flour Alternative For This Recipe
Make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free flour instead of regular flour. Or, you can make this recipe low carb by using low carb Carbalose flour.
Here are some similar recipes that you may also like.
- Flour Alternative- 1 cup. Blanched Almond Flour is a popular choice. As are Coconut Flourand my favorite, low carb Carbalose flour .
- Ice Cold Water- 3 tablespoons.
- If using almond or coconut flour please add an egg to your ingredient list.
How to make Low Carb Cheddar Crackers
The Recipe Card for Low Carb Cheddar Crackers
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that the links on this website, and specifically on this post, that lead to other sites may be affiliate links.
Recommended Reading: Is Einkorn Flour Gluten Free
Can You Eat Thinables Flatbread Crackers On A Keto Diet
If you look into the nutritional facts table, there are 6 grams of net carbs per serving of 30 crackers or 28 grams, which can be incorporated into a low-carb diet.
But, there are also some ingredients such as modified wheat starch, wheat flour, and wheat gluten, that are not strictly ketogenic, and therefore, the Thinables Flatbread Crackers are not keto-friendly.
However, they are low enough in carbs to be incorporated into a low-carb diet or a non-strict keto diet.
Optional Additions To This Almond Flour Crackers Recipe
Feel free to add your own spices for a totally unique twist.
- Toasted sesame seeds or poppy seeds would make yummy almond crackers.
- Chopped herbs: rosemary, basil, and parsley would all be good for a savory low carb cracker.
- Italian with some garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Mediterranean with some basil and sun dried tomatoes diced up and baked in.
- Sweet! Yes, you can even make this keto crackers recipe sweet! Simply add your favorite keto friendly sweetener, some vanilla or almond extract, and maybe sprinkle with cinnamon. And then try dipping them in whipped mascarpone cream dip mmmm.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Pizza Crust Publix
Doctor In The Kitchen Flackers
Doctor in the Kitchen Flackers are organic crackers that are made with flax seeds, apple cider vinegar, Bragg liquid aminos, rosemary, and sage. Each serving of flackers contains seven grams of fiber and five grams of protein. They are dehydrated at low temperatures to ensure that all the nutrients, including the omega-3s and enzymes remain vitalized and stable. Reviewers are reporting that these crackers are deliciously nutty, crunchy, low-carb and healthy, and dont stick to your teeth like some other flax crackers on the market tend to do. You can get one five-ounce box for about $5.50.
Tools To Make Keto Crackers
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Food Processor Not necessary for these keto crackers, but it sure makes mixing up the dough easy!
- Classic Wooden Rolling Pin You definitively need a rolling pin to roll out the dough for this low carb crackers recipe.
- Nonstick Sheet Pans These are my all-time favorite pans for baking everything, from cookies to keto crackers!
Don’t Miss: Jason’s Deli Gluten Free
Foods Alive Flax Seed Crackers
The Foods Alive Flax Crackers are flax seed crackers that are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and protein, but they are low-carb. Apart from being low-carb, they also contain vegan, organic, kosher, and gluten-free ingredients.
There are 6 flavors of Foods Alive Flax Crackers and those are Original, Onion Garlic, Mexican Harvest, Italian Zest, Rosemary Hemp and Maple Cinnamon.
How To Choose Healthy Crackers
When buying crackers, there are a few things you need to consider to ensure you’re buying the best.
- Make sure “whole grain” is the first ingredient: “You want to make sure that they are 100% whole grain crackers. The first ingredient should be 100% whole grain flour,” says registered dietitian Amanda A. Kostro Miller, RD, LDN, who serves on the advisory board for Smart Healthy Living.
- Look for crackers with at least 3 grams of fiber. “Another thing to strive for in a healthy cracker is fiber. Look on the nutrition label of your crackers. Strive to search for crackers that have the most fiber compared to other brands. Some of the crackers in the grocery store may only have 3 grams per serving,” Kostro Miller says.
- Beware of high sodium levels. “When possible, try to choose crackers that have less sodium, because controlling your sodium intake is important for everyone,” Kostro Miller says.
- There should be little or no added sugar. Most Americans are already consuming a high-sugar diet. You want to make sure that savory crackers aren’t taking on to your daily limit of added sugar. “A little added honey is alright, but it’s usually best to avoid high fructose corn syrup or crackers with more than one type of sugar. If you’re looking for a healthy cracker choice, keep the added sugar in check: no more than 1-2 grams of sugar per serving is best,” says dietitian Caitlin Self, MS, CNS, LDN.
Mission Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
Overall, these Mission brand are the best gluten free tortillas and my overall favorite for a number of reasons. Theyre relatively well-priced , are very flexible, widely available and have a mostly neutral flavor.
They do taste like potato , so my youngest child does not care for these tortillas. But all three of my children are snobbish about packaged foods. Theyd prefer that I make my own gluten free tortillas every. single. time.
Here are the other details:
- Size of package: 10.5 ounces
- Price you should expect to pay: About $5
- Fresh or frozen: Fresh
- Availability: Very good. My local grocery store , Target stores, Walmart stores
- Other common allergens: soy
- Ingredients: tortilla blend , water, vegetable shortening , pea protein, resistant corn starch, contains 2% or less of: sugar, inulin, baking soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, monoglycerides, fumaric acid, enzymes, and calcium propionate, sorbic acid and citric acid
- Shelf life/storage: The package recommends refrigerating after opening, and the package has a stamped freshness date. Theyre not refrigerated in store. I refrigerate them immediately and find that they are still good at least a few days after the freshness date.
Tips For The Best Low Carb Crackers Recipe
- The easiest way to handle the almond crackers dough is by oiling your hands just a little bit. This will prevent sticking. Its not required, but worth a try if you find the dough sticky to work with.
- Make sure to roll out the dough to an even thickness the thinner, the better! Uniform thickness ensures that your paleo crackers cook evenly, and rolling them extra thin ensures that they get crispy.
- When rolling out the dough, your goal is a rectangle, but it usually rolls out into an oval, so you may need to cut away some dough and re-attach it. You can do this as many times as you need to.
- Let the carb free crackers cool completely before handling. They need to cool to crisp up.
Recommended Reading: Publix Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Who Is This List For
I find that online reviews of gluten free packaged products are often written from the perspective of good, for gluten free. Theyre not comparing the product to its conventional counterpart, but rather to previous experiences with gluten free products.
This list is for anyone who eats gluten free and wants to avoid wasting money on products that arent simply good, for gluten free . Since I live and work in New York, in the U.S., the product availability that I discuss is from that perspective. If you live in a different part of this country or a different part of the world, please comment below and tell us your favorite brand of gluten free tortillas, and where you are able to purchase them for a reasonable price.
I purchased all of these tortillas with my own money. Nothing in this post is sponsored, these reviews are honest and forthright .
All of the products listed are gluten free, dairy free and egg free. Some contain soy, and one contains almonds. Two are Paleo, which means that theyre also gluten free, dairy free and soy free by definition. One is kind of strange, but its truly my favorite and I hope youll consider giving it a try. Youll know it when you see it!
Dr Lucy’s Oatmeal Cookies 3 Cookies
While many gluten-free cookies only look healthy, this chickpea and fava flour-based treat is low in sugar, fat, and calories. While you definitely shouldn’t make these part of your daily diet, they’re a solid bet whenever you’re looking longingly at other store-bought varieties.
Also Check: Is Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
The Real Coconut: Coconut Flour Tortillas
As I mentioned earlier, some of the Paleo tortillas that I tried were nearly inedible. The Real Coconut brand coconut flour tortillas are excellent. They do taste like coconut, so if you dont care for coconut at all, youll want to avoid these.
But somehow this brand is able to do with a tortilla what Siete havent done: make a flexible, good-tasting wrap out of coconut flour. The price is actually quite good but is likely higher if you buy it at Whole Foods since, well, its Whole Foods.
Here are the other details:
- Size of package: 7.6 ounces
- Price you should expect to pay: $4.99
- Fresh or frozen: Frozen
- Availability: Fair. Amazon.com doesnt carry these tortillas, but Netrition.com does and Ive found them in Whole Foods markets
- Ingredients: coconut flour, cassava starch, water, contains 2% or less of: sea salt, coconut oil, xanthan gum
- Shelf life/storage: The package recommends keeping the tortillas refrigerated, and says theyre suitable for freezing.
Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers
Almond flour isnt just being used for grain-free home cooking anymore, now you can buy crackers made from it! Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers is made with a nut and seed flour blend , tapioca, cassava, organic sunflower oil, organic onion, organic garlic, and rosemary extract. These crackers are gluten-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly, and non-GMO. Each serving provides three grams of protein and 10 percent of your daily vitamin E. Reviewers are saying that these crackers are deliciously crispy, healthy, lower in carbs than other gluten-free crackers which use rice or bean flours, and make a very satisfying snack. Some felt the sea salt flavor was a bit strong. To see how you feel, you can get a pack of three 4.25-ounce boxes for $17.
Don’t Miss: How To Test If Gluten Intolerant
How To Bake Gluten Free Crackers
Prepare a baking sheets with either parchment paper or Silicon baking liners and keep them aside. Preheat the oven at 375oF for regular baking and at 340oF for convection baking. Bake crackers from first side for 12 minutes and then flip and bake for another 6-8 minutes. Keep a close eye after flipping the crackers.
Can You Eat Liberated Cheddar Crackers On A Keto Diet
If you look into the table of nutritional facts, you will see that the net carbs for one serving of 28 grams of the crackers are just 2 grams. When you look into the ingredients, you can see that there are only keto-friendly ingredients.
This means that the Liberated Cheddar Crackers are ketogenic and they can be a great addition to your keto or low-carb diet.
Don’t Miss: Jason’s Deli Gluten Free
One Bowl Keto Crackers
As I was snacking on Trader Joes Gluten-Free Norwegian Crispbread one day, my inspiration began to grow. I love that these crackers are keto and gluten-free, however, Im not a fan of the price tag. Instead of spending another $4 on a pack, I figured, why not make my own?
After testing a few different recipes, I landed on Diet Doctors Keto Seed Crackers as a base. It was perfect healthy, easy, and packed with a flexible list of ingredients. To add my own personal spin to my One Bowl Keto Crackers recipe, I adjusted some flavors and added ingredients I love. In my opinion, you cant go wrong by adding Everything But The Bagel Seasoningor nutritional yeast to a meal.