Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches
Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches : soft-baked gluten free chocolate chip cookies sandwich a thick layer of delicious creamy vegan ice cream. The best gluten free ice cream sandwiches!
Happy July!! Now that were safely nestled into July , the weather is going to be awesome!! And even if it isnt, we might just be making a batch of vegan ice cream sandwiches to make everything all better.
May I present to you my favorite Vegan Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches? Consider them my ode, my kickoff, my fireworks-level woooohoooo to celebrate summers arrival! Quick, no one check the official seasons calendar or whatever its called to verify that today is the actual day when summer starts. *narrowed eyes*
Okay, fine, summer started ages ago but it didnt really start until we got to make our very own homemade gluten free ice cream sandwiches, amiright?
Lets make this!
Variations On These Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- You can use any kind of chocolate in these brownies: milk, semisweet or dark! I prefer dark or semisweet chocolate to balance out the sweetness of the ice cream.
- The easiest way to mix up these ice cream sandwiches is to swap out the ice cream for another variety of Chapmans ice cream. There are so many flavors, that it will take a really long time before you run out of new variations
- If you want to make these extra special, you can roll the ice cream edges in some sprinkles, chopped nuts, or toffee bits!
*This post is generously sponsored by Chapmans Ice Cream and I was compensated for my time spent creating this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Recipe Rebel possible!
Pin this recipe to save for later
Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
If youre making ice cream sandwiches, you need the proper cookie. These thin and chewy gluten free cookies are the secret to the perfect gluten free ice cream sandwich!
Weve been making a lot of gluten free ice cream around here. And we havent used an ice cream machine even once. A bowl of ice cream is a true summer pleasure. But a gluten free ice cream sandwich is just, well, heaven sent.
For a proper ice cream sandwich, you need the proper cookie: thin, soft & chewy. That way, the cookie yields to your teeth just like the ice cream does. I know cookie-baking means youre going to need to turn on the oven, but try baking up a few batches of your favorite thin and chewy gluten free cookies from the batch below in a row. And do it late at night, after the sun has set and the house is quiet. Its worth the trouble. I promise you that.
Heres a 10¢ tour of these recipes for the perfect gluten free cookies for ice cream sandwiches:
Gluten Free Thin & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Cadillac of ice cream sandwich cookies, these are my personal favorites. These are the cookies that Chipwich-like ice cream sandwiches are made of, and they belong at the top of the list. Long live the Chipwich!
Gluten Free Soft Chocolate Wafer Cookies: Soft and chocolatey, these are the cookies you turn to when youre dreaming of the traditional ice cream sandwich, wrapped in that white paper, vanilla ice cream inside.
Also Check: Gluten Free Substitute For Bread Crumbs
Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
These gluten-free and dairy-free waffle ice cream sandwiches are the ultimate treat! Deliciously creamy vegan ice cream sandwiched between two fluffy Belgian waffles makes for a crowd-pleasing, allergy-friendly dessert.
Who doesn’t love a cool ice cream sammy on a hot summer day? And who doesn’t love a thick and fluffy Belgian waffle? Imagine if we could combine those two together AND have it be gluten-free and dairy-free…
Insert these gluten-free and dairy-free waffle ice cream sandwiches! The perfect marriage of flavour, texture, and temperature. These things are so good, my sister, boyfriend, and grandparents ate them up in a hurry!
Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches
Stock up your freezer and cool off this summer with some delicious and easy-to-make ice cream sandwiches! With a scoop of your favourite ice cream nested gently in between two chocolatey cookies, these treats will leave you with a rich burst of flavour in every bite! Remember to choose from the Original collection for a Gluten Free treat.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4-6 cups Chapmans Original Ice Cream, any flavour
Recommended Reading: Does Red Wine Have Gluten
Gluten Free Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
The slightly salty double chocolate coconut cookies are gluten-free, vegan and naturally sweetened. They work perfectly in these ice cream sandwiches, as the cookies stay slightly soft in the freezer.
I adapted the cookie recipe from this gluten-free chocolate chip cookie from Cookie + Kate. The cookies are made with just coconut flour, almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao powder, cinnamon, chopped dark chocolate and salt. Its probably the easiest cookie batter youll ever make, since everything gets dumped into one bowl.
Tips + Tricks For The Best Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Allow cookies to cool completely before adding ice cream. Whether you are using homemade dairy free vanilla ice cream or your favorite shop bought brand of ice cream, ensure that the cookies have cooled completely before scooping on the ice cream to avoid any melting. You can cool the cookies down quickly by popping them in the fridge or freezer until they are cold to the touch but not fully frozen.
- Soften your ice cream. But dont let it melt! Softened ice cream is the easiest to scoop and will adhere to the cookie better without the risk of crumbling when pressing the ice cream onto the cookie. If you are making homemade dairy free ice cream, note that you will need to scoop it onto the cookie immediately after churning. If the homemade ice cream has already been frozen, allow it to come up to room temperature, about 20-30 minutes.
- Freeze before serving: Freezing the gluten free ice cream sandwiches for an hour prior to serving helps the homemade dairy free ice cream harden a bit and makes for a sturdier ice cream sandwich. You can skip this step if you are using store bought ice cream.
Read Also: Cauliflower Crust Pizza Publix
Faq For Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
My cookies are really puffy when I pull them from the oven! HELP!No need to panic if this is the case, just lightly bag the sheet tray against your kitchen counter . This normally helps release some of the air and will flatten out the cookies. If needed, scoot them again.
Can I leave out the Milk Powder?Yes, its okay to leave out the milk powder.
Can I use any ice cream for the sandwiches?Yes, you can use any ice cream while I have not had good luck with no-churn ice cream when making ice cream sandwiches. Please double-check if the ice cream you are using is indeed gluten free.
How long will my ice cream sandwiches last?I recommend wrapping them individually in some parchment paper and placing them in an air-tight container in the back of your freezer where it is the coldest. I recommend eating them within 6 weeks because the exposed ice cream is very prone to freezer burn.
Can I just eat the cookies?Of course! You can skip the ice cream part and just enjoy some delicious simple gluten free chocolate chip cookies.
Can I make this recipe with regular all-purpose flour?Yes. Please use 180 grams of regular all-purpose flour in this recipe.
Storing Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches
If you want to make a few gluten free ice cream sandwiches to have on hand, for when you have a craving, simply wrap them in foil, or store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Easy-peasy.
Cheater Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches
This post originally included instructions to use gluten free graham crackers as the outer layer. This is still a great option for anyone who’s in a hurry or who doesn’t love the chocolate outer layer of gluten free ince cream sandwiches.
Making homemade gluten free ice cream sandwiches is a super easy and inexpensive compared to buying boxes of gluten-free ice cream sandwiches from the store.
This gluten free ice cream sandwich recipes makes about 12 ice cream sandwiches. A box of gluten free honey grahams makes 8 ice cream sandwiches.
Did you make these gluten free ice cream sandwiches? Please leave me a comment below letting me know what you thought and what type of ice cream you used.
Read Also: Jason’s Deli Gluten Free
Homemade Hurricane Sundaes And Ice Cream Sandwiches
Gluten free ice cream shop near me. Lose the sugar and feel the luv! Mondays through fridays, you can buy one drink and get one free. And oh my word, these gluten free and vegan calls of goodness may be expensive at £4.50 a box but they are delicious!
They also sell a large range of wonderful homemade and personally sourced artisan, dairy & gluten free products. Cream has updated their hours, takeout & delivery options. One of my favorite things.
Blender ice cream mixes 6.45. Gluten free menu, sandwiches, pasta + 11 more. Door county ice cream factory & sandwich shoppe.
Find ice cream shops near you! Romio’s pizza & pasta , spark pizza , bellevue brewing company. wonderful ice cream even on a cool rain..
Dairy ice cream blender kits from 19.95. Get the banana fudge walnut ice cream with the turtle cookie and peanut butter. If you are looking for more tasty treats we have soft server ice cream, banana.
525 reviews of cream if you’re into fresh and delicious creamy ice cream jammed between 2 freshly baked cookies this is the new spot for you. Scoop shops & catering near me. Hillbilly drew me in with the offering of banana pudding.
They serve up hershey’s ice cream. great ice cream treats in an old fashio.. If your looking for ice cream places near me or ice cream cake near me, then look no further than iscreams ice cream shop in wheatley.
Ghostfish brewing company , capitol cider , bamboo sushi.
Indigo Hippo City, Best cities, Best
Classic Ice Cream Sandwich
The classic ice-cream sandwich has a way of bringing me back to my favorite summer childhood memories. My siblings and I would play outside most days running through sprinklers and enjoying endless games of roller hockey by day, and flashlight tag at night with our neighborhood friends. The highlight of the day would be the ice-cream truck making its slow crawl down our street. The telltale music wafting through the air always created so much excitement and anticipation! My siblings and I had a system that was practically set in stone one of us would remain vigilant for the truck outside while the others would run indoors to persuade our parents into giving us money. I always felt like I was a kid in a candy store when I faced all of the options before me.
I probably would have been happy with any of the dozens of cold treats they offered, but my favorites were vanilla ice-cream sandwiches, Bomb Pops, and those somewhat creamy but tart cartoon character faces like Sonic or Tweety Bird. Im pretty sure they had gumball eyeballs too, which was like a BOGO in my book! This old-school ice cream truck menu is a trip down memory lane!
Nostalgic treats recreated
Whether you decide to bite right into it or lick the edges of the ice-cream as it melts, this treat will transport you back to your childhood while creating new memories with your own kids.
Tips for making the cookie crust
A Childhood favorite
But lets be honest, well make and eat them year-round.
You May Like: Is Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
Tips For Making Homemade Dairy Free Ice Cream
- Use a quality ice cream maker.I made the mistake of purchasing an inexpensive ice cream maker a while back, thinking that I didnt really need to spend on something I wasnt going to use on a regular basis. That ended up being such a waste! The machine did not work well and required extra special steps and ingredients like dry ice that made it feel like such a chore to use. I gave in and purchased this ice cream maker for just under $100 and I could not be more pleased with how easy it is to use.
- Ensure you have the proper ingredients. Always make sure you are using full fat coconut milk and coconut cream when churning your own dairy free ice cream. The ice cream needs the extra fat content in order to stay as creamy as possible. I also add gelatin to aid in this process.
- Use a quality ice cream scoop. It doesnt need to be the fanciest model around, but investing in a proper ice cream scoop not only helps you to get the perfect scoop every time, but it also makes it easier to pack ice cream onto your gluten free cookies! I prefer the kind of ice cream scoops with the trigger on the side to be the easiest to use. Run your scoop under hot water for 30 seconds to warm it up for the perfectly creamy scoop!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
When its this hot outside, theres nothing better than an ice cream sandwich, am I right?! And even better is a homemade gluten free chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich! Unlike store-bought versions, the gluten free chocolate chip cookies making these delicious treats are the star of the show.
They taste that good. And you can make them as soft or crunchy, big or small as you like! Not to mention you can pick your favorite ice cream flavor or non-dairy variety and sandwich it in between for YOUR perfect gluten free ice cream sandwich!
The best gluten free ice cream sandwiches start with the best gluten free chocolate chip cookies, right?
I was recently in Minneapolis on the cooking demo stage at the Gluten Free Food Allergy Fest making these delightful little gluten free ice cream sandwiches with my award-winning gluten free chocolate chip cookie mix.
Folks lined up to make these yummy gluten free chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches in Minneapolis at the Gluten Free Food Allergy Fest!
To make enough samples for everyone to get a bite, I decided to make bite-sized gluten free chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches! Check out how cute these sammies are too cute to eat!
Since last week was the last day of the school year for my kids, we celebrated by making all kinds of different flavors of homemade gluten free ice cream sandwiches.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Substitute For Bread Crumbs