Gluten Free Dairy Free Peanut Butter Cookies
To make these gf pb cookies dairy free, too, you must replace the butter. My favorite nondairy butter replacement is vegan butter .
Since there are only 4 tablespoons butter in the whole batch, you might even be able to use Earth Balance buttery sticks. Skip the salt, though, and expect your cookie dough to be softer, though, and the cookies to spread more.
The Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies
I first made these flourless peanut butter cookies a long time ago back in July 2013, when my mum and my sister Valerie were in Buenos Aires visiting me.
I remember baking a batch of these cookies one day when they had just returned home from another round of horse riding. The thing they first noticed when they arrived was the thick, rich aroma of peanut butter wafting in the air, swirling around the apartment wed rented, betraying the original source that was baking in the oven.
Get delicious GLUTEN-FREE recipes each week!
Sugar Free Flourless Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
You asked I delivered.
When I first shared these peanut butter crunch bars, many of you mentioned how they reminded you of homemade childhood treats. This was once again lamented when these 3-ingredient corn flake crunch bars were shared. Back in 2014, I shared the classic 3 Ingredient grain free peanut butter cookie recipe Sugar, peanut butter, and an egg.
Now? Were giving it a sugar free, keto, Paleo AND Allergen-friendly makeover, along with a tested vegan option using no eggs.
Readers on had mentioned that theyve often interchanged the sugar for Splenda or aspartame, two sugar substitutes I dont usually use. Personally, when I test recipes to be completely sugar free or needing a granulated sweetener, I almost always use monk fruit sweetener.
For those who dont know what monk fruit sweetener is, its a natural, stevia blend. It looks and feels like sugar, and the best part? It does NOT leave you with a bitter aftertaste, something which many stevia blends possess. They also bake VERY well.
Read Also: Nothing Bundt Cakes Vegan Options
The Best Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies Made With Just 4 Ingredients Youll Love These Refined Sugar Free Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
How many ingredients do you think it takes to make a truly amazing, super peanut buttery, perfectly soft healthy peanut butter cookie?
- 1 ingredient
- 3 ingredients
- 4 ingredients?
You know if I could, I wouldve given you that 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe. Okay, you can totally click on that recipe for a different kind of peanut butter cookie . But these particularly tasty healthy peanut butter cookies are SO worth the whole 4 ingredients you need to make it. Lol.
Alright, Ive clearly been fixating on this whole 4 ingredient thing way too much. Its just, in times like these, we need things to be as easy, simple and truly satisfying as possible. Agreed?
Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
Just three ingredients are needed to make these delicious soft and chewy flourless peanut butter and nutella cookies- Perfect those who dont want to choose between both, half is nutella and half is peanut butter! Naturally gluten free and ready in under 15 minutes, there is a paleo and vegan option!
Ewwww, peanut butter. Nutella is where its at.
Oh shut up, Niki. Just keep quiet and cook yourself on low heat in the slow cooker.
If youve been a reader for wellany amount of time on this blog, youll know my sister and I-
1. Converse very randomly
2. Rarely say anything positive to one another
3. Appreciate when animals bite or jump on our mother
I always thought Niki was the lone wolf when it came to peanut butter , but after a recent poll on my It seems there are a fair few who couldnt care for gold in nut butter form and prefer its darker.cousin- Nutella.
While there are some out there who are team peanut butter OR team nutella, I know there is another team out there which I am proudly part of- Team Nutella and Peanut Butter.
Sorry, I mean Team EPIC.
Characteristics of someone who falls in this team are pretty unique and awesome. They usually have four main ones-
1. They tend to look like Channing Tatum, but better
2. They are advocates of edible equality
3. They could claim dual citizenship between Italy and America
4. They tend to look like Channing Tatum, but better
Half peanut butter.
Version 1- The basic. 3 ingredients and thats it.
Don’t Miss: Better Than Bouillon Publix
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
These healthy chocolate peanut butter cookies are made without eggs and dairy. As a result, they are vegan cookies. Plus, they use healthy low carb flour and unrefined sugar to make them a little bit healthier than regular chocolate cookies.
All you need to make these 4-ingredient chocolate peanut butter cookies are:
- Natural peanut butter it means peanut butter with no added oil, no added sugar, and a drippy texture. A fresh jar of natural peanut butter works the best since peanut butter from an old jar can have hardened. It would be more difficult to work with it in the recipe.
- Maple syrup this is my favorite unrefined sweetener because it adds a delicious maple flavor to cookies. Other vegan, gluten-free options are agave syrup or date syrup.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder make sure you measure this precisely. It contains a lot of fiber, and adding a little too much can significantly dry out the batter. Fill the tablespoon and sweep extra on top.
- Almond flour or oat flour.
Optional ingredients in this recipe are:
- Vanilla extract optional but delicious
- Salt use only if your peanut butter is unsalted.
- Chocolate chips feel free to add 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips into the batter to add an extra chocolate flavor. There are plenty of healthy vegan chocolate chips available. Some are also flavored like mint chocolate chips and go well in these cookie recipes for Christmas.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies Are Made With Only 6 Natural Ingredients So Easy To Make They Are Dangerous So Dangerously Good That Is
I am going to give you a total and absolute disclaimer regarding these skinny and gluten free peanut butter cookies. They are dangerous. . . So dangerously good that is.
Give yourself a plan, either eat some and give away the rest. Or just say fudge it Im eating the entire batch. Your choice.
I chose the latter.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Italian Salad Dressing
How To Make Classic Gluten
- Make the Dough. This is a one bowl recipe. Mix the peanut butter with the softened butter, sugar and an egg. Then add the remaining ingredients. Beat until a dough forms. Thats it!
- Chill Until Firm. After mixing, cover the bowl and chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. This dough can be kept in the fridge for up to three days before baking.
- Roll the Dough in Sugar. Round the dough into balls and then roll in granulated sugar before placing them onto the baking sheet. Regular granulated sugar works great. You can also use coarse sugar for crunch or colored sugar to make them sparkle.
- Add a Crisscross Pattern. Peanut butter cookies usually have a classic crisscross pattern pressed into the dough before baking. This helps flatten the cookies for even baking. To do this, dip your fork into granulated sugar and then press it into the top of the dough twice, creating a crisscross pattern. Dipping the fork into granulated sugar keeps it from sticking to the dough.
- Bake Until Golden Brown. Place the cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until the edges are golden brown and set.
- Cool on a Wire Rack. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for about five minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
Is Peanut Butter Gluten Free
Yes, in its purest form, peanut butter is made of peanuts and salt and is naturally gluten free. If you place peanuts in a high-speed blender, youll have peanut butter when youre done.
The main ingredients in natural peanut butter, peanuts and salt, are gluten free. Most potential additives, like sugars and oil, are also naturally gluten free.
But commercially prepared peanut butter can be unsafe on a gluten free diet if its become contaminated at any point during the manufacturing process. So be sure to read product labelsand know your brands.
Some brands, like Jif, will label its peanut butter gluten free if it fits the U.S. definition of gluten free. But it may have been prepared on manufacturing equipment it shares with gluten-containing products.
Most types of Skippy peanut butter are gluten free, except for those that contain mix-ins.
The safest peanut butter brands only make gluten free varieties, like Peanut Butter & Co, but they tend to be very expensive.
Don’t Miss: Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust Nutrition
Storage And Shelf Life
I doubt that these treats will last long, but if you have more self-control than me, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Freeze them for more extended storage! There is no need to defrost either they taste equally delicious and maintain their soft texture.
You might even like these cookies better when slightly chilled.
Making Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
The best part about these peanut butter cookies is that all you need to make them are only five simple pantry ingredients. Plus, even if these are vegan peanut butter cookies, you dont even need fancy egg replacers like flax egg to make them work.
Even your kids can make this cookie dough and enjoy baking some delicious cookies that are good for them.
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies Without Eggs And Flourless
Cookies made with no eggs.
Although both equally delicious, the cookies will look and taste a bit different when baking them without eggs
The batter for no egg no flour peanut butter cookies will be a bit less sticky and have a thicker texture.
Also, allow the cookies to completely cool down before serving. Otherwise, their form won’t hold. And they need to bake longer .
Although there are different ways of replacing an egg , Bob’s Red Mill egg replacer is, in my opinion, the best choice in this recipe to keep these peanut butter cookies from falling apart.
Tips For Your Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- For a less sweet cookie, reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup which is just as delicious.
- If you dont have baking soda on hand, baking powder works great too. I tested many batches and they were just fine.
- To warm the milk, set it in a warm spot by the oven while its heating.
- When flattening, dip the fork in sugar between pressing the cookie to keep them from sticking.
- Recipe can easily be cut in half or doubled.
- If youre allergic to nuts, try using sunbutter instead.
You May Like: Everclear Gluten Free
Do I Need To Chill The Cookie Dough
No! Unlike most peanut butter recipes that call for chilling the dough before baking which keeps the dough from spreading too much, this recipe doesnt require you to chill the dough, making for one less step and cookies in minutes. BUT, if the temperatures are warm in your kitchen, above 80 degrees, you may consider rolling the balls and letting them chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking. My kitchen was a cool 74 with the air on.
Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
Today, Im sharing my reader-favorite soft gluten free peanut butter cookies. Its been 100s of times, made at least 3 billion times and enjoyed by at least 45 cute doggies causing too much mischief and ignoring the whole ya cant eat sugar, lil sirs!! thing.
This tried and true recipe yields rich peanut butter cookies that melt in your mouth the second you bite into them, with just the right amount of sweetness and a gentle crispy texture on the exterior. These cookies are soft and oh so tasty!
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Graham Crackers Walmart
Dont Use Drippy Natural Peanut Butter
The first kind of natural peanut butter is the kind that is made of only peanuts and salt. Most of the oil separates out and sits on top of the jar.
The nut butter in this kind drips off the spoon at room temperature. You cant use that here.
If you use the drippy kind of natural nut butter, your cookie dough will be very greasy. That will make the dough very crumbly and nothing will look or bake like the dough you see here.
How To Make Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Okay, I’ve promised you these are ridiculously easy to make, so now I’ll prove it! Be sure to check out the video below for a quick glimpse of the process.
Since cookies are very soft straight out of the oven, it can be tricky to check the bottoms. But just do you best!
Allow the cookies cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
The recipe makes exactly twelve cookies, and I’ll be honest with you… they disappear quickly! So depending on the number of people in your household, you may want to double the recipe right off the bat.
Recommended Reading: Are Bud Light Seltzers Gluten Free
What Makes These Peanut Butter Cookies Healthy
Traditional peanut butter cookies, while delicious, are usually baked with butter and refined sugars. Were making these peanut butter cookies healthier by:
- Using all natural peanut butter and just a bit of coconut oil for moisture. This makes them dairy free.
- Baking with almond and coconut flour to make them grain free, gluten free and packed with healthy fats.
- Also keeping them low carb with the almond & coconut flour blend, rather than using oats.