How To Easily Pit Cherries Without A Cherry Pitter
Remove the stem. Place a straw or chopstick where the stem was. Push through the cherry to the other side, forcing out the pit.
How To Make Keto Cherry Pie Bars
Step 1: Heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
Step 2: Add the cold coconut oil, almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, egg, and vanilla extract to a food processor. Process until a ball of dough forms. Then press the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
Step 3: Mix together the cranberries, cherries, sweetener, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Add a lid and cook for 5 minutes or until it becomes bubbly. Mix in the xanthan gum.
Expert Tip: This step helps release some of the natural juice from the fruit. You then thicken it with the xanthan gum so the crust doesn’t get soggy.
Step 4: Add the filling over the top of the crust.
Step 5: Combine the melted coconut oil, sweetener, and almond flour in the food processor. Mix until large crumbs form. Add in the coconut flakes until they are mixed in. Add the topping over the jam-covered crust.
Step 6: Bake the keto cherry pie bars for 40 minutes or until they are golden brown.
The Best Vegan Cherry Pie Ever Seriously
You are just going to love this vegan cherry pie, and for some really good reasons. Not only is this the best cherry pie that I personally have had , but its also fully approved and rated the best cherry pie by every family member as well, including some of the pickiest of eaters.
Lets go over why you wont regret making this cherry pie
Make this deliciously juicy summer pie for your next cookout, barbecue, summer birthday, Fourth of July, or any time! Honestly, no one will be able to refuse a slice
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Bread Crumbs Substitute
Substitutions You Can Make To This Recipe:
- you can use frozen or tinned cherries if you like – they will require a slightly shorter cooking time and may require you to use extra cornflour depending on how much water they release
- you can substitute the cornflour with tapioca flour
- you can replace the gluten-free flour with rice flour
- you can replace the gluten-free flour with plain flour if you’renot gluten-free.
Tips For Making A Foolproof Gluten Free
- Above all, know that your pie crust doesnt have to look perfect. It will still taste amazing! Pie crust takes practice to make it look aesthetically like you envision.
- Instead of using xanthan gum, youll use ground chia seed to make the gluten-free crust pliable, and mimic the gluten binding power of all-purpose flour. Alanna did a lot of testing to find that this is the best way to make gluten-free pie crust without using gums, and Im so glad she did!
- Have a shelf cleared out in your refrigerator for storing the crust as it chills.
- Make sure your butter is very cold, straight out of the refrigerator.
- Use a box grater to shred the cold butter. Thanks for this tip, Cozy Kitchen!
- Roll out your pie crust in between two sheets of parchment paper. This will prevent sticking and make things much easier.
- Let your cut-outs for the top crust chill before you try to remove the outer scraps.
Tools and ingredients youll need to make this gluten-free pie crust:
As I mentioned, this pie crust recipe is adapted from the gluten free baking queen, The Bojon Gourmet. I prefer the taste of sorghum flour over millet flour, and had great results using it in combination with sweet rice flour and cornstarch.
Besides those flours, youll also need chia seeds, which I grind into a fine powder with an inexpensive coffee bean grinder. Or whatever you grind spices in.
Youll need quality butter and lots of it. No regrets.
You May Like: Is Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
How Long Do Keto Cherry Pie Bars Last
After they cook, let them cool down all the way. Then cover and refrigerate and they will last 4-5 days. It’s important to keep them chilled and airtight so they last the longest. I keep all of my keto recipes for baked goods in the fridge.
Additionally, you can freeze them too! Then you will have them on hand when you need something sweet. Wrap them tightly with tinfoil or plastic wrap. Then put them inside of a freezer bag or container. They will last in the freezer for 1-2 months. Thaw before serving.
Like what you see? ! Love this recipe? Leave a comment & 5-star rating right here! Make sure you dont miss new recipes by getting email updates!
Fill & Decorate The Doughnuts:
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Pizza Crust Publix
Low Carb Cherry Pie Filling
It is hard to replicate that sweet tinned cherry pie filling, but this low carb cherry pie filling comes close thanks to xanthan gum. The addition of this to lightly stewed cherries gives it a rich sauce and the low carb sweetener. It acts as a thickener and gives the cherry juice a similar consistency to the tinned cherries. Adjust the low carb sweetener to your own taste.
Gluten Free Vegan Cherry Pie
Jun 20, 2018·
This Gluten Free Vegan Cherry Pie will easily become your newest obsession. The crust is perfectly flaky and savory while the cherry pie filling is decadent and bursting with sweetened tart cherries. Add a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream on top of your slice and youve got yourself a swoon-worthy dessert. Everyone will be fighting for seconds!
When was the last time you had cherry pie? Do you remember?
The last time I did was years ago . WAY before I gave up gluten . My mom made it for some holiday . Her pies are SO good, you guys.
Slowly but surely, Ive been making over my moms pie recipes, to make them work for our food sensitivities. Ive already made over her pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and apple pie to make them gluten and dairy free.
And while this recipe isnt based on my moms, I cant wait to try these gluten-free peach hand pies.
My biggest hurdle making over moms pie recipes was developing my Best Gluten-Free Flaky Pie Crust. It literally took me years of experimenting to perfect that recipe, but once I nailed it, the world of pie making opened right up!
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Pizza Crust Publix
Ingredients In Cherry Delight
Gluten Free Graham Crackers – Crush these up in a zip top bag until they are crumbs.
Melted Butter – Added to the graham crackers, these makes the perfect crust for our dessert.
Cream Cheese – You can use traditional or dairy free cream cheese in this recipe.
Whipped Topping – You’ll need about half of a tub, use the rest for something else yummy!
Powdered Sugar – adds sweetness and bulk to the filling.
Cherry Pie Filling – Canned pie filling makes this recipe so simple to throw together.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
How To Make This Gluten
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe including measurements and instructions.
- Halve and pit the cherries.
- Place in a pan with the lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Cook on a medium heat for around 20 minutes until cherries have become soft and all the juices have been released.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a tiny splash of water in a small bowl.
- Once the cherries have cooked completely, add the cornflour and water mixture and mix well.
- Once the cherries have thickened , turn off the heat.
- Leave to cool completely before using for the pie filling.
- Combine all the ingredients for the pastry dough in a glass mixing bowl until it forms a firm dough.
Tip: a few tablespoons at a time
- Place two thirds of the pastry in a greased pie dish. Use your fingers to carefully press it across the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- Making sure the cherry filling has cooled completely , transfer it into the pie crust.
- Lay out a sheet of baking paper on a counter and use a a rolling pin to roll out the remaining pastry dough into a circular shape large enough to cover the pie – it’s much easier doing it this way than using a floured surface.
- Use any shaped cookie/pastry cutter to cut shapes out of the pastry dough.
- Arrange the pastry shapes on top of the cherry filling.
- Sprinkle over coconut sugar, if desired.
- Bake in oven for around 30 minutes, until the pastry crust is firm to the touch and golden brown.
Recommended Reading: Chickpea Flour Publix
Gluten Free Black Forest Cheesecake Brownies
Oh, so yummy!! These Gluten Free Black Forest Cheesecake Brownies were another of my entries for the Real Women of Philadelphia contest I entered lately, and it was ready to eat in 1 hour. The dense brownie, topped with a sweet cream cheese layer, and then these beautiful big Bing cherries that were cooked into a pie fillingoh my goodness! Those Bing cherries were worth it all by themselves! The cake portion can easily be doubled and baked in a 9×13 pan, and the single recipe of the cherry pie filling will be enough for the 9×13-inch pan. Depending on how much cherry pie filling you want with your piece, you should have leftover when making the original recipe as written.
What Kind Of Cherries Do You Use For Pie
Typically, for cherry pie, youd use sour cherries. However, I think that the best cherry pies are actually made with sweet cherries, and then well reduce the sugar. Trust me, it really does make for the best homemade cherry pie!
For sweet cherries, you can use either dark sweet or Rainier. The Bing cherries are the type of sweet cherry variety thats a dark ruby red, and Rainier are more yellow with hints of vibrant red. Neither of these are considered the pie cherry variety, I know, but were really trying to highlight the natural sweetness of the fruit with all of its flavors, rather than just granulated sugar. So thats why I recommend sweet cherries over tart!
In terms of whether you should use Bing cherries or Rainier, Bing cherries will give you a more classic cherry pie look, and according to Dr. Michael Greger, they also have an anti-inflammatory effect.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust Walmart
Cherry Pie : : Gluten Free Egg Free Nut Free
Living in Michigan, we get pretty excited about the first couple of weeks in July!
Cherry picking is quite abundant where we live, and this year I got to take all *3* of my girls with us to pick! The 2 big girls scaled the cherry ladders with zero hesitation, and we brought home load just shy of 30 pounds.
I also made a couple of cherry pies to share with family, and despite how fussy it looks, it really isnt. And it is so worth how good it is!
What Type Of Cherries Should Are Best For Cherry Pie Filling
For this recipe I recommend either using fresh fruit or frozen cherries nothing jared, canned or packaged with added sweeteners.
As far as specific types of cherries go this is mostly up to your and your personal preferences. You can use cherries that are naturally sweet like bing cherries, chelan or sweet dark cherries. You can also use fresh sour cherries like morello or montmorency.
Youll just need to adjust the amount of lemon juice and sweetener depending on what you use. Sweet cherry fillings will need more lemon juice and less sweetener. Sour cherry pie fillings require less lemon and more sweetener.
Also Check: Kraft Italian Dressing Gluten-free
Flaky Buttery Perfect Vegan Pie Crust
Then we have the pie crust. This is my all time favorite, non-vegan approved BEST vegan pie crust recipe, that well make into a lattice crust . And to be honest, its even simpler than a regular pie dough. So forget store bought or making the conventional all together!
This vegan pie crust consists of flour, vegan butter, arrowroot starch or cornstarch, a hint of maple syrup, and ice cold water. Trust me, it is MAGIC. Most of these ingredients youre probably familiar with, but if youre a first time butter user, then know that I strongly recommend Flora Plant Butter. Honestly, the consistency is so similar to regular butter, as is the taste, and it makes for the BEST vegan pie crust. Every person that doesnt strictly eat dairy free or vegan and has tried this crust has also shared the same sentiments!
Now, we arent going to par-bake the crust for this vegan cherry pie, but well get into that in the next sections. It actually makes the process easier!
If this is your first time making pie dough, or a vegan one , lets go over the basics: