How To Make This Vegan Macaroni Salad:
Lets get started. First, cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions to al dente . Drain and rinse. Set aside.
Then, to a large bowl, add the sweet peas, arugula, red onion, celery and chopped dill. Stir to combine.
Next, in a small bowl, add the vegan mayo, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir with a small whisk to combine.
Finally, add the cooked pasta and sauce to the bowl of veggies. Stir to combine.
There will be quite a bit of sauce at first, but it will soak into the noodles. Add additional salt and pepper, or nutritional yeast , if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe makes 6 servings. Store this pasta salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Easy Ingredients & Allergy
Pasta For extra plant protein and fiber, we used chickpea pasta , but gluten-free pasta works just as well. Just be sure to cook whichever you choose according to the package instructions!
Vegan Goddess Dressing This nutritious dressing is the secret to the success of this vegan pasta salad recipe, but if youre short on time, you can typically find a similar version in your local grocery store.
Snap Peas Snap peas add an appetizing crunch as well as vitamins and nutrients. If you cant find snap peas, snow peas or even chopped zucchini work as well.
Broccoli This nutrient-rich veggie is perfect for reducing inflammation as well as providing a vibrant crunch in the salad. For easy eating, choose broccoli florets or chop a broccoli crown into tiny pieces using a good knife.
Spinach For a sweeter flavor, we recommend using baby spinach in your pasta salad. Opt for a handful of arugula to add a bit more bite.
Toasted Pine Nuts While optional, pine nuts add an incredible earthy flavor and healthy fats to keep you full. However, if you cant eat pine nuts, hemp seeds will do the trick!
Oil For this recipe, youll want to avoid overpowering the ingredient flavors by choosing an oil with a fairly neutral flavor such as olive oil or avocado oil.
Lemons If you choose to use real lemons, be sure to save a few slices for garnish! Otherwise, the pre-juiced kind from the bottle works, too.
How To Make Gluten
- Prepare the dressing. Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and dill in a small bowl and set aside.
- Prep the tuna. Drain the canned tuna and add to a large bowl. Mash with a fork to break up the tuna.
- Stir in additional ingredients. Add the cooked pasta, celery, cucumber, frozen peas, and red onion and stir to combine.
- Stir in the dressing to combine. Add the yogurt dressing and stir well to fully combine and coat the pasta salad.
- Serve fresh and enjoy! Top with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Can you store this pasta salad for later?
This pasta salad is best fresh. If you do store it for later, keep the pasta separately to keep it from getting hard and drying out.
Can you use something other than yogurt?
You can also use traditional mayo or a mayo alternative if you can tolerate it.
What tuna should you use?
I personally like the brands Wild Planet and Safe Catch! These brands both have a lot of nutrients maintained in the tuna by not being overly processed.
Can you use salmon instead of tuna?
It will definitely change the flavor, but it should likely work just fine!
Youll also like
Read Also: Whats In Panko
Tools And Equipment Youll Need
This recipe is super easy to prepare. Youll need a pasta pot to cook your pasta. A cutting board and good knife to chop your vegetables and fresh herbs, and a mixing bowl to fold it all together.
If youre planning to take this recipe to a picnic or potluck, I recommend this collapsable picnic basket that doubles as a cooler.
I also use these metal bowls that come with lids to transport my picnic recipes. These nesting bowls also make great mixing bowls and food storage in general.
Get The Same Ingredients For This Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and fromMisfits Market they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and its purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get$10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive think again, and giveMisfits Market a look!
As always, if you make this vegan and gluten free quinoa salad with black beans recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Lets keep in touch make sure to to get fresh recipes weekly. And dont forget to follow over on , & Id love to connect with you there!
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Graham Crackers Sprouts
Can You Make This Ahead Of Time
Yes! This pasta salad is even better the next day! Make sure to store it in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
There is nothing simpler or more satisfying than a big beautiful bowl of gluten-free pasta salad. The homemade creamy Italian dressing really is the showstopper of this pasta salad.
Mix in your favorite Italian veggies, and you will have a pasta salad that I promise no one will ever know its gluten-free! Ready in less than 20 minutes.
A perfect gluten-free creamy Italian pasta salad for your next cookout or family get together. A classic pasta salad that everyone loves!
Vegetarian Friendly Vegan Pasta Salad Ingredients + Swaps
Here are the super simple ingredients that you need to make the BEST vegan pasta salad youve ever had:
- Your favorite pasta: see below for recommendations on Gluten Free!
- Compari tomatoes: you can use cherry tomatoes, but I prefer Compari! They taste better in my opinion.
- Cucumbers: I used Persian cucumbers, but you can use any variety.
- Sliced Kalamata olives
- Chickpeas: you can use your favorite bean here if you dont have chickpeas!
- Vegan parmesan: or vegan feta!
- Tahini: if you dont like the taste of tahini , you can swap in almond butter. However, using tahini keeps this pasta salad also nut free!
- Garlic Powder
Recommended Reading: Best Store-bought Gluten Free Pie Crust
How To Make Gluten Free Pasta Salad
This salad is really, really simple to make. You will need to:
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Strain the pasta and add to a large salad bowl.
- Top with the chopped capsicum, onion, cherry tomatoes, flat leaf parsley, Kalamata olives and dressing.
- Toss to combine.
- Top with herbs and salad dressing.
- Add all ingredients to a large salad bowl.
- Toss to combine.
How To Serve And Keep
Serve-I served this pasta salad as a main dish for my family. We had a light fruit salad on the side. You can also serve this as a side dish for a crowd. It pairs well with other picnic and BBQ food like these Vegan Black Bean Burgers, or this Vegan Gazpacho.
- Chopped scallions
- Seasoned salt
Keep-This pasta salad doesnt include any dairy so it can easily be taken to a picnic. However, I recommend when not serving to store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Pasta salad will keep for 3-4 days refrigerated. Allow pasta salad to return to room temperature before serving again.
You May Like: Gluten Free Hello Fresh
How To Make This Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe
Simple ingredients and minimal prep is all it takes to make this simple cold pasta salad recipe.
Cook Pasta: Start by cooking your pasta as directed on the back of the box.
Cook Spinach: Add a bit of water and the vegetable broth to a skillet on the stove. Toss in the spinach to wilt it a bit.
Process Veggies: Toss basil and the sun-dried tomatoes in your food processor and pulse to mix it up. You want to chop it up a bit, but not too much. Once chopped, set aside.
Prep other Ingredients: Drain and rinse chickpeas and put in a large bowl along with the cooked spinach, olives, and sun-dried tomato & basil mixture.
Finish: When the pasta is done, drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking. Toss in a bowl, add all the other ingredients. Then toss the pasta salad, and serve!
How To Store This Gluten Free Pasta Recipe
This easy pasta salad will last in the refrigerator for up to four days, and it is perfect for meal prep. Divide the cooked pasta into reusable airtight containers. This is our favorite lunch container. Here are a few of our other favorites for storing food:
- Glass meal prep containers Divided containers with 2 compartments are great if you want to include a portion of salad plus a side of protein or fruit.
- Jars with lids Mason jars are great for portioning out salads and they make your fridge look Pinterest-worthy. We love these reusable plastic jar lids for everything you can put in a jar. And for dressings and sauces, these flip-top lids are a must-have!
- Silicone bags The great thing about silicone bags is that they can be re-used, are dishwasher-safe and dont absorb odors. We LOVE stand-up bags from Stasher for their 56-ounce capacity and the fact that they stand up minimizing any risk of leakage.
More healthy salad recipes you will love:
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Alternative To Bread Crumbs
Faqs And Tips On How To Make Blt Pasta Salad
How do you cook bacon in the oven?
How you cook bacon in the oven will depend on how thick your bacon is. You will have to cook it longer if it is thick cut if you want it to be crispy. Its best to stay close by to make sure you dont over cook it. Also, keep in mind the bacon will crisp up a bit still after you take it out of the oven.
Should you rinse the pasta when you are making pasta salad?
No, you want to just drain the water. The pasta water will retain some of the starchiness of the pasta water which actually will helps the sauce absorb into the pasta.
How long will pasta salad last?
Pasta salad is the best when served in the first 24 hours, but you also want to let the dressing absorb into the ingredients for the most flavor. In the recipe you will want to add the lettuce right before serving so it does not wilt.
How To Make The Best Gluten Free Pasta Salad
Bring water to a rolling boil, and cook pasta according to the box instructions for al dente.
After draining the pasta completely, rinse pasta with cold water.
Add pasta to a large mixing bowl and stir in the add-ins.
In a small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients and stir until fully combined.
Add the dressing to pasta and stir until fully coated.
Taste for additional dressing if you’d like. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Read Also: Jersey Mike’s Whole Wheat Bread
Making The Homemade Italian Dressing
There’s no need to dirty an extra bowl for this. Just measure out the olive oil, vinegar, and herbs and add them right into the pasta salad bowl. You can season to taste here with the herbs and spices you have on hand. Besides the parsley, oregano, and basil, some other flavors you can include:
- Dried Rosemary
- A squirt of Lemon Juice
Why I Love This Blt Pasta Salad
Bacon, lettuce tomato sandwiches are such a classic American dish, but, if I have to be honest, Im really not a fan. BLT-inspired recipes, on the other hand, are my jam. I love them. My friend makes an awesome BLT dip that I absolutely love, and I love a good BLT pasta salad.
My other favorite macaroni salad has a mayonnaise and pickle juice based dressing, but I wanted this one to have a lot of flavor because I find that BLT ingredients need a little extra help sometimes.
Unfortunately, so many of these recipes call for sour cream or cheese. Not so fun when youre living dairy free. Luckily, theres vegan sour cream. Its such an easy swap, and I use it in so many things.
My favorite right now is Tofuttis Better Than Sour Cream because I think it tastes the most similar to the real thing. I use it in my dairy free ranch dressing and the sauce for my favorite salmon recipe.
Read Also: Are Reese’s Klondike Bars Gluten Free
The Big Macaroni Salad
- 3/4package brown rice macaroni pasta
- 4stalks celery
- 1can sliced black olives
Big Mac Sauce
- 1tbsp.grainy Dijon mustard
- ½tsponion powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil and cooking the brown rice pasta as per the directions on the package.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse well with cold water. This stops the cooking process and prevents the pasta from sticking. Set aside.
- Wash and finely chop up all of the veggies.
- Rinse and drain the can of olives.
- Add cooked/cooled pasta to a large bowl along with your chopped up veggies and olives and mix until combined.
- In a blender, add in all of the ingredients and blend on high until smooth .
- Pour dressing all over macaroni salad and toss well until pasta and veggies are evenly coated.
- Cover and place macaroni salad in the fridge to chill for 2-4 hours or until ready to serve.
- For best results: Prep salad the night before and serve the next day.
Homemade Creamy Italian Dressing
I dont do packaged seasoning mixes and honestly friend, neither should you. There is nothing better than homemade dressing.
Its super simple to make, and I bet you already have what you need in your pantry.
My creamy Italian dressing is made with real mayonnaise, two types of vinegar, my Italian seasoning blend and grated Parmesan cheese.
I promise, once you taste it, you will never go back to store-bought creamy Italian dressing again.
Also Check: Frozen Pizza At Publix
Whats In This Quinoa Salad With Black Beans Recipe
- Bell Pepper, Corn, Carrots, Kale I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and fromMisfits Market they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and its purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get$10 off your first $30 box by clicking here! If you think organic produce is too expensive think again, and giveMisfits Market a look!