Ranking The Best Lactose
Lactose free protein powders are supplements that deliver the protein you need for fitness and health without any dairy byproducts.
Most popular protein products are made with whey or casein protein, and while these dairy-derived products are low in lactose, they arent completely lactose-free.
People with severe lactose intolerance, not to mention people with dairy allergies, wont do well with a whey or casein-based protein powder.
This is where lactose free protein powder comes in. If you want all the benefits of highly concentrated, rapidly absorbed protein with none of the drawbacks of dairy, youll want to check out these lactose-free protein powders.
Performance Lab® prides itself on the purity of its products, and SPORT Protein is no different.
Its 100% plant-based and vegan-friendly. It has no additives or animal content.
Its made from USDA certified-organic brown rice protein, formulated for superior absorption, quality, and taste.
Its naturally flavored with cocoa, vanilla, and cinnamon for a velvety chocolate finish. Its perfect for smoothies and shakes.
BodyNutritions #1 lactose-free protein powder.
Do Vegans Really Need Protein Powder
A vegan lifestyle can cause some concerns in the protein department. Without the incorporation of meats and other animal products, while living a vegan lifestyle, protein might be lacking in your diet. Thats why its so important to ensure that you are getting the amount of protein you need.
The amount of protein that you need depends on your goals. For easy conversion, if youre 140 lbs, youll want to get about 98g of protein. However, if youre looking to build muscle and lose fat, go for 1g of protein per pound of weight.
Vegan protein powder keeps true to your goals of living a vegan lifestyle while giving you the nutrients you need to fill in the missing pieces your diet may have. So, if youre a vegan, do you really need protein powder? Yes, absolutely!
Gluten Free Protein Powders: The Ultimate Guide
Looking for the best tasting gluten-free protein powders to reach your nutritional goals? Keep reading for the best gluten-free meal replacement shakes and protein powders including keto, paleo, whey, dairy-free, and vegan options.
Keep reading for the best protein powders that are totally gluten free, or use the table of contents to jump to the section of your choice.
get valuable support from me, and gluten-free peers, in my EXCLUSIVE Facebook community Stress-Free Gluten-Free by clicking here!
Grab your FREE copy of Gluten-Free Made Easy!
15+ pages of essential resources to make living gluten-free totally stress free.
The gluten-free guide below is based on personal experience and research. Always be sure to discuss any medical changes with your doctor for your personal medical needs. Additionally, this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My full disclosure isnt that interesting, but you can find it here.
Recommended Reading: Jersey Mike’s Bread Recipe
Left Coast Performance Bone Broth Powder
Bone Broth is all the rage among health enthusiasts, and Left Coast has found a way to isolate the protein contained in beef bone broth and concentrated it into a powderized form.
As a supplement, its quite healthy and has the distinctive savory taste of bone broth. The protein content is exceptionally high , and even with a small amount of cane sugar as a sweetener, theres less than one gram of sugar per serving.
The only downside is that bone broth protein powder is not as easily mixed as other protein powders. Its best-suited for blending into smoothies and shakes.
Evolve Plant Based Protein Shake Double Chocolate 20g Vegan Protein Dairy Free No Artificial Sweeteners Non
About this item
- 20 GRAMS OF PLANT-BASED PROTEIN sourced from peas, a delicious and more sustainable source of protein
- NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED and made without artificial flavors or sweeteners and with no colors from artificial sources.Non-Caffeinated
- GOOD SOURCE OF calcium, iron, vitamin B12 and zinc, which are an important part of any diet, and are particularly important for those whose diets are light in, or lack, meat, eggs and dairy
- 10 GRAMS OF FIBER, an excellent source of fiber to help support a healthy digestive system
- EVOLVES COMMITMENT TO THE OUTDOORS starts with our protein source peas. Growing peas helps to build healthy soil by returning much needed nitrogen back into the ground. Healthy soil builds better resilience to pests, erosion, disease, and extreme weather, making pea protein more sustainable for the planet
- PROUD NATIONAL PARKS FOUNDATION PARTNER, helping to protect and ensure access to the outdoors for everyone
Don’t Miss: Does Hello Fresh Have Gluten Free
Garden Of Life Organic Vegan Protein Powder
This protein powder option has 22 grams of protein made from peas and sprouts, with no added sugar. Its also organic and dairy-free like the rest in this list. Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein is a certified gluten-free protein powder.
With 110 calories, this protein powder sets itself apart with 3 billion probiotics and enzymes, which makes it is an awesome protein powder choice for optimal digestion.
This protein powder contains 21 grams of plant-based protein with 120 calories per serving. With digestive enzymes included, this option promotes that its good for even those with sensitive stomachs and is free of all major allergens.
This powder is made with non-GMO ingredients, but has 4 grams of sugar per serving.
Vega Protein Smoothie Choc
The Vega Protein Smoothie, Choc-a-Lot, Pouch is the best tasting non-dairy protein powder. The 9.2oz pouch features 10 servings and each serving has 15 grams of complete, plant based protein. Furthermore, each serving contains 90 calories and two servings of vegetables. The delicious flavor of chocolate with no sugar, caffeine or aftertasteis the perfect way to enjoy a tasty nutritional supplement to gain extra protein in your diet.
Selecting the best non-dairy protein powder can be testing due to the varying products on the market. Protein powders are a popular nutritional supplement, generally used by those who work out. However, many others can also benefit from protein powders.
Growing teenagers, those who are recovering from an injury and those who are trying to build more muscle all require extra protein. Therefore, protein powders can provide a good, convenient source of source of high-quality protein for those who require it.
A non-dairy protein powder is ideal for a vegan, those who are dairy intolerant or those who simply want to follow a dairy free diet.
To help you discover the best non-dairy protein powder for your requirements, weve collated a list of the best non-dairy protein powder reviews, designed to bring you the best choice in terms of formulation, volume and price.
Recommended Reading: Is Wheat Gluten Bad For Cats
Added Sugars And/or Artificial Sweeteners
This one is a no-brainer. Anything artificial is not good for your body. This includes artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. You will want to make sure that whatever protein powder source you use is completely void of anything added or artificial. Stevia is a good sweetener, though, so that is not an ingredient that is completely out of the question.
Why Should I Buy A
You can tell if you need or want a vegan gluten free protein powder by looking at your existing inventory. You probably dont need it and should reconsider buying it. If you cant get go of the old one, you could sell it and use the proceeds to buy the new one.This is a fun and easy approach to finish your task.
Lets face it, we all want to feel good about our purchases. But there are so many! How can you know which is best? You need not be concerned because Aids Quilt has your back. Our trained staff is here to help you find what works for you. Before making a final decision, you can take advantage of our free consultations. Let us show you how easy shopping for home audio equipment can be when you have an expert on your side!
Don’t Miss: Einkorn Wheat Gluten Free
Best Dairy Free Brands
The best brands for non-dairy protein powder include:
- Vega Offering premium, plant based food alternatives, Vega are a leading brand of nutritional supplements. Vega offer shakes and powder to fulfil your protein needs, whether youre a vegan who requires a protein source or youre a sports enthusiast who needs protein after a workout.
- Sunwarrior As a brand committed to providing the best quality plant based supplements, Sunwarrior are a growing nutritional company using organic ingredients and recycled packaging materials.
- Garden of Life Manufacturing clean, pure blends for nutritional supplements, Garden of Life offer organic, certified gluten free products, from organic plant protein to protein with added fiber.
Purely Inspired Organic Protein Powder
This protein powder is an excellent choice with 20g of plant-based protein from organic pea protein and organic brown rice.
With no artificial sweeteners, colors, or flavors, you can ensure youre getting high-quality protein from organic ingredients from both fruits and vegetables and are all non-GMO.
This option has 7 grams of fiber, 2 grams of sugar, and 130 calories and blends up easily into a smooth texture.
Don’t Miss: What Alcoholic Beverages Are Gluten Free
Elevate Plant Based Performance Protein
If you want a lactose-free protein powder that tastes great, has clean ingredients,and is easy to blend, look no further than Elevate.
Using a mixture of pea, hemp, and sweet potato protein, Elevate has a high protein content, a balanced amino acid profile, zero sugar, and is flavored only with cocoa powder, natural flavors, and monk fruit extract.
Himalayan rock salt adds some key electrolytes, making this a great protein powder for pre- or post-workout fueling.
Kate Farms Organic Nutrition Shake Vegan Protein Shakes Nutrient Dense Meal Replacement Drinks Or Supplemental Snack Made Without Gluten Soy Dairy Or Corn
About this item
- HEALTHY NUTRITION: Kate Farms organic shakes provide vegan, plant-based protein for a healthy snack or quick meal.
- INGREDIENTS: USDA Organic with essential vitamins and minerals and made without dairy, soy, corn, gluten, nuts, artificial colors or sweeteners.
- GREAT TASTE: Full of flavor. vanilla, chocolate, and coffee drinks provide great-tasting nutrition.
- CALORIE INFO: Kate Farms Nutrition Shakes have 330 calories with 16 grams of organic pea protein per 11 oz carton.
- Covered by the Kate Farms, Inc. Satisfaction Guarantee. Additional terms apply.
You May Like: Rice Flour Pasta Recipe
The Bottom Line: How To Find The Best Gluten Free And Non Dairy Protein Powders For You
There are lots of protein powders available these days without gluten and dairy. But a lack of those two allergens doesnt make a product healthy or clean, like most of these brands claim to be.
Learn how to read and understand the ingredients list and nutrition facts label and then use the checklist above when evaluating protein brands.
Its the only way to see through the marketing hype and know if your protein powder is healthy.
Lastly, as we mentioned above, most folks rely on online reviews when choosing what protein to buy. This is a great approach but make sure you understand that most of the reviews you see are cherry-picked by brands.
Heres how to make sure youre getting the full picture:
Earthchimp Vegan Protein Powder With Probiotics Organic Fruits & Plant Based Protein Powder Dairy Free Gluten Free Gum Free Lactose Free Non Gmo
About this item
- NATURAL TASTE Not too sweet, not artificial and so balanced even Goldie Locks would find it just right. Thats because we take our time to craft our shakes with botanical ingredients for a natural taste youll love.
- NUTRITIONIST RECOMMENDED Our vegan protein shake boasts 20g of plant based protein per serving, Organic Fruits as well as Baobab, Flax, Turmeric & Cinnamon. In other words, our Irish-Made vegan shake will help you feel as good about your body as we do about the earth.
- NICE STUFF 1 billion Probiotics, Digestive Enzymes and 4g of fiber per serving. Yay!
- VERSATILE Whether its a nutritious breakfast smoothie, a grab-and-go shake at work or a post-workout recovery shake weve got you covered with 20g of vegan protein from Organic Plant based protein sources.
- NO NASTIES Nothing that your mother warned you about. No Added Sugar or Sugar Alcohols , No Gums, No Carageenan, No Added Salt, No Soya, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Lactose Free. And its made in Ireland!
You May Like: Does Cous Cous Have Gluten
What Is The Best Tasting Vegan Protein Powder
Vegan protein powder is known for having a different taste and texture than regular protein powder. Its grittier, chunkier, and sometimes blander than non-vegan protein powders. Weve found one that we think has a nice texture and a taste that beats most other vegan protein powders on the market.
Bobs Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder has a great vanilla taste with just the right amount of sweetness and very little grittiness. We like it because it blends well in the blender and mixes with other ingredients that make the taste factor even better.
Its protein is derived from peas and is packed with 20 grams of protein per serving! With seven nutrient-packed ingredients, Bobs Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder is tasty and nutritious .
Orgain Organic Nutritional Shake
When it comes to healthy and convenient options, there arent many better gluten-free shakes than Orgain Organic Nutritional Shake. These meal replacements are made out of completely organic ingredients, making them very reliable.
They offer lots of nutrition, featuring 250 calories in each container. Each of these also includes 16 grams of protein, 32g total carbs, and only 7 grams of fat. A big downside is that theres 12g sugar in the meal replacement, making it unsafe for people with diabetes.
Other than that, however, its nearly perfect. Its a soy-free ready-to-drink shake thats available in 4 different flavors. These include creamy chocolate fudge, sweet vanilla bean, and iced café mocha. Since it contains milk, its not dairy-free.
But, it is still lactose-free, non-GMO, and USDA-certified organic. On top of all that, its got completely organic ingredients. Its perfect for those worried about harmful ingredients, since its one of the safest and most trustable shakes around. The nutritional value also makes it ideal for those looking to cut down on fats and calories.
On top of all the benefits that it has to offer, the Orgain Organic Nutritional Shake is also one of the most affordable options out there. If youre new to meal replacements and dont want to take any big risks, this is one of the best gluten-free meal replacements for you.
Also Check: Lowfodmap Bread