Product Safety Notices & Recalls
At Big Y, our goal is to exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value. This makes food safety a priority for us. We maintain the highest standards of performance in all areas of our World Class Markets especially when it comes to the well-being of our community.
What Makes The Lighter Version So Light
In this lighter recipe, I cut out a fair amount of the butter, but added in some unsweetened baking chocolate and concentrated even more on reducing the sugar in the recipe. Fat may be calorie-dense, but its satisfying.
I do love the taste of sugar, but I think we all know how bad it is for us. And it tends to create cravings. Thats why these muffins have only 7 grams of added sugar per muffin. For some perspective, thats less than 2 teaspoons of sugar in the whole muffin.
I added a few chocolate chips to the batter, and then a few more to the top of the muffin, and the nutrition information includes those few chips. You could leave them out, but mini chips are great for lighter baking since they really do go a long way.
Tips For The Perfect Muffin:
- I always like to bake with ingredients that are at room temperature. Cold ingredients do not mix as well with room-temperature ingredients.
- For uniformed sized muffins, I always use an ice cream scoop. It makes it nice and easy to get the perfect amount in the baking pan. I also like to use cupcake liners to keep the muffins from sticking to the pan.
- I also like to use a cooling rack to help the muffins cool faster. Do not leave your muffins in the pan to cool.
Recommended Reading: Is Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
How Much Does Instacart Delivery Or Pickup Cost
- Delivery fees start at $3.99 for same-day orders over $35. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
- Service fees vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee.
- Tipping is optional but encouraged for delivery orders. It’s a great way to show your shopper appreciation and recognition for excellent service. 100% of your tip goes directly to the shopper who delivers your order.
- There may be a “pickup fee” on your pick up order that is typically $1.99 for non-Express members. Express membership waives this like it would a delivery fee.
- Pick up orders have no service fees, regardless of non-Express or Express membership.
The Lighter Gluten Free Chocolate Muffin Variation
This is not a diet blog. I dont count calories, and I dont ever want my 2 girls to hear me complaining about the way I look, so I never do it.
In the same spirit, I dont generally provide nutrition information for my recipes . The exception is when I offer a recipe as lighter, or light.
Since both fat and sugar are not only delicious but act as tenderizers in baking, it can be very, very difficult to bake light without ending up baking a tough muffin. Thats why every muffin ever made or sold in the 1990s was low fat but heavy as a brick and tough as shoe leatheror packed with sugar.
Also Check: Is Red Wine Gluten Free
What Happens If Udi’s Muffins Double Chocolate Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Don’t Replace: For items you’d rather not replace, choose “Don’t replace” to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
Udi Muffins Recall From Amazon Fresh
Udi Muffins Recall From Amazon Fresh: Today I received an email from Amazon for Udis Gluten Free Muffins I purchased via Amazon Fresh. It was recalling two types of Udis Gluten Free Frozen Muffins, both Double Chocolate Muffins and Blueberry Muffins. It indicated there are potentially plastic ribbons in the muffins, and instructed the product to be thrown away.
The letter did not indicate known injuries, or whether the recall is mandatory or voluntary.
All of the Udi muffins on the recall are Frozen 4-packs of either Blueberry or Double Chocolate. The recall letter indicates 7 Lots of Udis of muffins, with 5 different dates. Its not clear if the dates are referencing manufacturing dates, or expiration dates. The dates are all in the past, which may indicate they are potentially all expired lots of muffins.
Recommended Reading: Jason’s Deli Gluten Free
Customers Also Viewed These Products
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
Can I Use An Egg Replacer In These Paleo Chocolate Muffins
I havenât tried using an egg replacer in this gluten-free chocolate muffin recipe because of the amount of eggs that it calls for.
I have had others comment on similar recipes that chia egg and flax egg worked well, but the almond flour muffins didnât rise as much.
Their paleo chocolate muffins turned out to be more of a rich, fudgy brownie-muffin.
Recommended Reading: Breadcrumb Substitute Gluten Free
Udis Gluten Free Muffins
You may have noticed by my gluten free menu plans, and the number of gluten free muffin recipes on my site, that my family loves muffins. We eat them for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and desserts.
We love homemade muffins, but I will admit that there are times I need a quick and easy, buy it from the store type of muffin. Those times when I dont have my freezer stocked with homemade ones. Or the times when we are traveling and we need an on the go breakfast. Or the times when I am sick and havent had time to make them.
You get the idea. Although I love homemade muffins, I also love to occasionally buy them. So today I thought we would talk gluten free muffins.
Before we talk gluten free muffins I want to say that this is not a sponsored post. I have worked with this company and I love their products, but they did not pay me to write this post today. I am simply sharing a gluten free product my family loves.
Udis Gluten Free are the gluten free muffins we love. They taste great. They taste pretty much like a regular full of gluten bakery type muffin. Which means they are delicious. When I eat one I usually feel like I am eating dessert. They are that good. If you miss a gluten filled bakery type muffin you will love these.
The other thing I love about these muffins is how easy they are to find. Many regular grocery stores now carry them in the freezer section. Even my local Braums store has them. Easy to find and delicious makes them a winner for my family.
How To Make Gluten
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Use baking cup liners or gluten-free cooking spray for the muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, add the all-purpose gluten-free flour, granulated sugar, gluten-free baking powder, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum , and cocoa powder and whisk together to combine the ingredients.
- Add the two eggs, pure vanilla extract melted butter and milk to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into baking cups lined/cooking sprayed muffin tin. I like to use a greased ice cream scoop. I also sprinkle more chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Please watch the muffins because all ovens are different. Allow the muffins to completely cool.
You May Like: Is Einkorn Flour Gluten Free
Working With Almond Flour
These are essentially almond flour chocolate muffins. One thing to note about using almond flour is that it is NOT a 1-to-1 for gluten-free flour.
It has a lot more protein and fat, and less starch, so it reacts differently in recipes.
Itâs best stored in the refrigerator or freezer if youâre not going to use it up in a week or two.
Always bring Almond meal or flour to room temperature before baking almond flour muffins with it. If you use it cold, itâll absorb more of the liquid and your batter will be thicker than it should be.
And remember, because itâs made from almonds, it can go rancid, so keep track of when you opened the bag otherwise your paleo chocolate muffins will taste funny.
Do you like simple, chocolatey muffins that are healthy too? Then you’ll love these Paleo Chocolate Muffins. They don’t get any simpler than this.
There’s a video showing you how easy these gluten-free chocolate muffins are to make.