Finding The Best Dairy Free Protein Shakes
Anybody whos adopted a vegan lifestyle or has strayed away from consuming animal products is familiar with questions about how they get their protein.
There are many plant-based protein sources. So many, in fact, that people can make a living off of teaching people how to make different varieties of black bean and quinoa burgers.
Yet there arent any dairy-free protein sources that are as convenient as a good protein shake. In this list, well count down the 20 best dairy free protein shakes and assess them based on their protein content, ingredients, price, and taste.
Why Should I Buy A Best Rated Gluten
You can tell if you need or want a best rated gluten-free protein powder by looking at your existing inventory. You probably dont need it and should reconsider buying it. If you can’t bear to go with the old one, you could always sell it and put the money toward the purchase of a replacement.Finishing your project in this manner is a lot of fun and simple to do.
Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder
- Animal/bone broth protein
- 20 g protein per serving
This Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder is made from real bone broth. Its made a point to be allergen friendly, and its free from dairy, gluten, and nuts. Each serving contains 20 grams of bone broth protein. It contains Collagen Type II, which is great for bones, joints, hair, nails, and skin. The bone broth collagen is sourced from animal protein, and through non-GMO chickens from the United States.
It comes in four flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Turmeric, and Pure.
Don’t Miss: Is Apple Cider Vinegar Gluten Free
Is Whey Powder Gluten
Yes. Whey powder is naturally gluten-free. However, many manufacturers add gluten to products containing whey, making them unsuitable for those who exclude gluten from their diets.
The that for manufacturers to label products as gluten-free, they must:
- contain less than 20 parts per million of gluten
- not contain any kind of rye, wheat, barley, or crossbreeds of these grains
- not contain any ingredient derived from these grains that still contains gluten
- not contain any ingredient derived from these grains that have had the gluten removed, but still have more than 20 ppm
Tgs 100% Unflavored Whey Protein Powder
If youre looking for a protein powder that offers you a completely organic experience, look no further than TGS 100% unflavoured whey protein powder. It offers an easy dissolvability in liquids with sunflower lecithin and whey protein powder concentrate. The product is completely free from additives like Soy, Gluten, GMO, growth hormones, preservatives, or artificial colors.
Although it might taste a bit off as its unflavored, you can still choose to mix it with fruit, nuts, and extracts to spice things up. If youre completely against any type of artificial additives in your protein powder, TGS will certainly leave you satisfied. A single serving of this powder consists of 25 grams of undenatured protein and a blend of essential amino acids.
Whether youre a fitness professional or a person looking to improve their fitness in general, the protein powder helps you maintain lean muscle and allows you to follow low-carb diets like keto. Moreover, as it has a significantly low-calorie count, the powder works great for weight loss plans and meal replacement as well.
All in all, the TGS 100% unflavored whey protein powder certainly excels from the rest in terms of purity. The organic list of ingredients and low-calorie count of this protein powder makes it one of the best gluten-free protein powders on the market.
You May Like: Gourmet Gluten Free Gift Baskets
Helps With Prostate Cancer
Protein powders comprise creatine and other nutrients that keep the body strong from the inside out while combating cancer cells. A modest amount of protein powder ingested regularly can help the body and prostate cells fight prostate cancer, which causes small tumours around the bladder.
Protein powder aids in the reduction of tumour size, which benefits persons with prostate cancer. The study advises active prostate patients to consume diets rich in soy supplements, including soy-based protein powder and tomato food products.
Isalean Shake Rich Chocolate Dairy Free/plant Based Protein 14 Packets Isagenix 31oz
About this item
- Powerful, Plant Based Protein Shake provides 20g of protein, 5g fiber, and no sugar added per 330ml serving while staying true to the great taste.
- Made with pea protein powder organic.
- A satisfying treat or tasty dairy free protein shakes meal replacement thats perfect to start your day nourished, as a grab-n-go when on-the-go, or to help fuel your pre or post-workouts.
- Non dairy protein shake, lactose free, soy free, gluten- ree, vegan protein, perfect for vegans, flexitarians, and anyone who is lactose intolerant.
- Powerful, Plant Based Protein Shake is shelf stable without the need for refrigeration, except after opening. Best plant protein shake.
Recommended Reading: Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza
Amazing Grass Organic Plant Based Vegan Protein Superfood Powder
This protein powder contains 20g of protein from organic pea protein, quinoa, hemp, and chia. You can expect 120 calories plus 1 gram of sugar per serving with nutrient-dense fruits and veggies.
This is a great protein powder option for those on a gluten-free dairy-free diet as its certified USDA organic and non-GMO.
As you can see, there are plenty of high-quality options for a gluten-free dairy-free protein powder out there. I encourage you to try one or a few to find one you love.
You may even consider looking for smaller sample sizes of these protein powder options to test them out if you want to sample them before investing in a whole tub.
If youre interested in learning more about the types of protein powders and how to choose one for you, or if protein shakes are more your style, be sure to check out this post: Dairy-free Protein Powders and Shakes
How To Choose The Most Popular Vegan Gluten Free Protein Powder
The three most crucial criteria to consider are price, quality, and popularity.Price is an obvious factor to consider, as you want to ensure it is acceptable for your needs.Quality should also be examined because buying a low-quality goods will not help you achieve your main aim of obtaining the best product.Finally, while not as obvious as price or quality, popularity can be just as significant as both when it comes to attracting new customers.
Don’t Miss: What Is Gluten Free Pizza Crust
Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder
As far as protein powders go, Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey is a great product for anyone who wants a high-quality whey protein at a low price. This is why weve done a deeper look into this protein powder to find out what its really made of and whether or not it has what it takes to compete with the best gluten-free protein powders on the market.
This product contains a fair amount of protein, calories, and creatine per serving. Using the label as a guide, it seems the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey contains all of the nutrients youd expect from such a supplement. However, we noticed that there isnt much flavor variety available, which may disappoint some consumers with varying taste preferences.
Body Fortress has workable macronutrient content and a shortlist of ingredients, which is a plus for those wary of excessive additives. High sodium content and a small but mentionable amount of soy are potential drawbacks of this product. However, it still manages to provide you a great value for money through its quality product.
Protein powders can never be used to replace whole foods, but they can help support muscle growth when combined with other healthful foods. The Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey is an acceptable choice for people on a budget who do not want to overspend.
Best Dairy Free Brands
The best brands for non-dairy protein powder include:
- Vega Offering premium, plant based food alternatives, Vega are a leading brand of nutritional supplements. Vega offer shakes and powder to fulfil your protein needs, whether youre a vegan who requires a protein source or youre a sports enthusiast who needs protein after a workout.
- Sunwarrior As a brand committed to providing the best quality plant based supplements, Sunwarrior are a growing nutritional company using organic ingredients and recycled packaging materials.
- Garden of Life Manufacturing clean, pure blends for nutritional supplements, Garden of Life offer organic, certified gluten free products, from organic plant protein to protein with added fiber.
You May Like: How Can You Test For Gluten Intolerance
Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder
- New look and label, same great product! Includes 1 (2.
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein , 2 grams of organic dietary fiber, low net carbs, 0 grams of added sugar, 150 calories per serving.
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, Non GMO, carrageenan free, and no artificial ingredients.
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink.
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids.
Choosing The Right One
There are literally hundreds of different protein powders available on the market. The majority include whey, which is made from cow’s milk, but many contain soy protein or other vegetable-based proteins. Some also include casein, which is another protein found in cow’s milk .
The different types of protein used in protein powder include:
Read Also: Gluten Free Sugar Free Sweets
Get The Clean Protein You Need For Delicious Non
Dairy-free protein is becoming easier to find thanks to advances in protein science. But you should be diligent about reading your labels to check for a few details. Here are a few things to double-check:
- Make sure the ingredients are clean and safe
- I.e. organic, no fillers, sourced from reputable locations
- Make sure its a complete protein
- Adding in egg white protein powder ensures that you get all the EAAs and BCAAs you need daily
Dairy-free proteins come with many health benefits, like avoiding lactose, keeping up your protein intake, and getting in the lean protein that your body needs without the extra sugar or carbs. But dont trust just any dairy-free label. You want to make sure that you are drinking the right kind of protein with a complete amino acid profile.
Owyn Plant Based Protein Shake Dark Chocolate With 20g Vegan Protein From Organic Pumpkin Seed Flax Pea Blend Omega
About this item
- 100% CERTIFIED CLEAN VEGAN: Vegan protein shake that provides superior health benefits and never, ever, compromises on taste. Delicious nutrition made for active & healthy people who care about what they put in their body & where it comes from.
- CONTAINS 20 GRAMS OF VEGAN PROTEIN FROM PEA, ORGANIC FLAX OIL & PUMPKIN SEEDS: Delivers all 9 essential amino acids and naturally occurring BCAAs and high vegan omega-3 to enhance muscle recovery and promote optimal daily health
- SUPERFOODS AND PREBIOTICS: Great source of superfoods greens from kale, broccoli and spinach, along with prebiotics, fiber, for digestive support.
- GLUTEN, DAIRY & SOY FREE: Peanut & tree nut free, egg-free, non-GMO project verified, kosher, free of all artificial colors, flavors & preservatives, dairy free, low sugar content , no sugar alcohols or stevia.
- 18 MONTH SHELF LIFE: Shelf stable without the need for refrigeration, except after opening. Just chill, Shake well, and enjoy!
Recommended Reading: Is Annie’s Mac And Cheese Gluten Free
Owyn Vegan Protein Shake
At first, this bottle was slightly annoying to open, as it not only has a plastic seal but a foil seal covering the top that was tricky to remove. However, both the Cold Brew Coffee and vanilla flavors were delicious enough to make up for it. We loved how this drink is free of the top eight allergens, stevia, and sugar alcohols is high in fiber, and it comes in more outside-the-box flavors like Cookies N Cream and Turmeric Golden.
What Are Todays Most Popular Vegan Gluten Free Protein Powder Models
There are many vegan gluten free protein powder items accessible today for men and women seeking quality and reliability. Every vegan gluten free protein powder model follows the same essential premise. But they appeal to various users.Its no secret that certain products appeal to specific populations. What if you could see which products were the most popular across all consumers? You can, and weve got the list. Check out our collection of products that appear to appeal to all ages, genders, and locations.
Read Also: Low Carb Gluten Free Bread
Muscle Milk Pro Series Protein Shake Knockout Chocolate 32g Protein 11oz 12ct
About this item
- Contains 11 fluid ounce bottles of muscle milk Pro Series Protein Shake, packaging may vary
- 32 grams of protein per serving to help support muscle rebuilding, muscle growth, and maintenance of muscle mass
- The Combination of high-quality slow releasing and fast releasing proteins provide a more sustained delivery of protein compared to whey alone
- Excellent source of 20 vitamins and minerals. State of Readiness: Ready to Drink
- Vitamin D and calcium for strong bones
- Essential amino acids, including Leaucine, play a role in muscle growth
- Uses: Helps rebuild muscle, post-workout recovery, muscle maintenance, in between meals, on-the-go use, energizing
- Tested for banned substances. NSF certified for the sport. NSF screens for more than 200 substances banned by most major athletic organizations
Best Gluten Free Protein Powders For Weight Loss
As recently as the 1990s, the few doctors and nutritionists that had heard of gluten only knew it to be the result of a chemical bond between the molecules of glutenin and gliadin that allowed things like pizza dough to have its sticky character.
Today, we know that about 1 percent of the population suffers from celiac disease, an intestinal condition triggered by exposure to this ingredient. But, many health professionals believe its danger do not stop there.
As such, gluten-free foods and supplements have become a hot item and there are a growing number of people who consume these types of products.
The following items are gluten-free and hence safe for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity who do not have celiac disease:
You May Like: Are Flamin Hot Cheetos Gluten Free
Rumble Lactose Free Protein Shake Non
About this item
- Protein Drinks Youll Crave: Our ready to drink protein shakes have a smooth vanilla & maple flavor with minimal sweeteners. These all-natural protein shakes have 20g of grass fed proteins, is Non-GMO, Soy-Free, & Gluten-Free
- Not A Shake But A Super Shake! We call our high protein shakes, Supershakes because they have ingredients that fuel your life & muscles! Our protein shakes are packed with grass-fed proteins, fiber, omega 3s & greens
- Soy, Gluten & Lactose Free: This high protein drinks is low-allergen and Certified Gluten Free and 99.7% free of lactose
- Bless Your Tastebuds: This Non-GMO maple & vanilla protein shake is light & creamy & will be a real treat for your tastebuds. These protein drinks come ready to drink & make for the most naturally-awesome nutritional drinks!
- Our Story: Created to help save Rumble founder Pauls life from a genetic lung condition, Rumble is now made to nourish yours.
Naked Nutrition Naked Egg Egg White Protein Powder 3lb
- 25 grams of protein per serving
- Can be used in protein shakes or baked goods
Lactose is a disaccharide made of two individual units glucose and galactose. It is the primary carbohydrate in milk and can be found in almost all dry dairy products. You may even hear it called milk sugar on occasion.
People with lactose intolerance may experience uncomfortable gastrointestinal symptoms after eating foods containing lactose. Lactose content can vary among different foods as the manufacturing process and time in processing and storage can cause a breakdown of the disaccharide.
Reactions involving lactose can even affect ingredient processing for certain foods. For example, ice cream has a higher lactose content than certain cheeses.
When it comes to protein supplements, many protein powders contain lactose. However, lactose intolerant people dont have to miss out on the many benefits that protein powders can provide.
This article will review five products in todays market to help you in your search for the best lactose-free protein powders for your needs.
Read Also: Gluten Free Dairy Free Meatballs Frozen
Applied Nutrition Vegan Pro Protein Strawberry
Made with a custom blend of soya protein, pea protein, brown rice protein and hemp protein to deliver a full amino acid profile, this dairy-free powder has an impressive 25g protein per serving for the growth and maintenance of muscle mass.
It also contains branched-chain amino acids profile leucine, isoleucine and valine.
- Dairy-Free Protein Source
- Use of natural sweeteners
“Makes a great vegan muscle building shake when mixed with a plant based milk like soya, oat or almond milk”
Better For The Environment
The animal agriculture involved in producing animal products comes with a huge environmental burden.
Whether its deforestation to create livestock pastures or greenhouse gases emitted in the keeping of cattle, animal products leave a dent in the environment.8
More and more people are looking for ways to reduce the impact they have on the environment.
There is perhaps no surer way to reduce your carbon footprint and help save the planet than to go plant-based.
Recommended Reading: Best Gluten Free All Purpose Flour