Alternative For Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Although the company-made cereal is unhealthy and gluten-free, that does not mean all cinnamon toast crunches are not safe. If youre looking for a healthy cereal option, then this recipe is the best. Since youll be cooking yourself, you can be at ease with the ingredients.
Besides that, this recipe is gluten-free, so each one of you can enjoy it. Heres how you can prepare cinnamon toast crunch.
How To Make Oatmeal Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Chocolate Toast Crunch isnt just another chocolate cereal, despite its name. Its made of naturally flavored chocolate-sweetened wheat squares with a cinnamon tinge. Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch contains 2 grams of fiber and is made with whole-grain wheat.
It is one of the more scrumptious cereals on the market, with a bold and sweet chocolate flavor that completes with much the same sugar-laden finish. However, this flavor contains ingredients derived from animals. So its not suitable for a vegan diet.
Also Check: Hillshire Farms Little Smokies Gluten-free
Tips For Making This Recipe Perfectly
- Dont mix the granola at all while it is baking. This way, youll end up with big clusters to eat.
- Use old fashioned rolled oats . The texture of quick or steel cut oats is not ideal for granola recipes in general.
- Keep an eye on the granola during the last few minutes of baking. It can turn from golden brown to burnt pretty quickly.
Also Check: Gluten Free Pizza Crust Publix
Ingredients In Healthy Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- unsweetened applesauce: most of my baked oat recipes use bananas, and applesauce takes that place. You can replace it with mashed banana if you want, but I know some people are not the biggest fan of the banana flavor.
- oil: if you want that signature crunch like the original, oil is a pretty important ingredient for that. I use avocado oil for healthy unsaturated fats and omega-3’s, but any neutral-tasting oil is fine too!
- maple syrup: for sweetness! You can use any other liquid sweetener in it’s place.
- flaxseed meal: just for a boost of healthy fats, fiber, and protein. It also helps bind the ingredients, but no worries if you don’t have any! You should be fine just leaving it out, but can add a bit more oat flour if it’s not holding up well.
- oat flour: if you have rolled oats, a blender, and a few minutes, you have oat flour! It’s basically just blended oats, so you’re still getting all the health benefits of the oats with a finer texture. This helps hold the dough together and creates a better texture for the cereal.
- coconut sugar: honestly, you can use any kind of crystallized sugar, such as cane sugar, it’s just up to what you have in your pantry!
- cinnamon: for obvious reasons.
Also Check: Jersey Mike’s Gluten Free Bread Review
Healthy Oatmeal Cinnamon Toast Crunch
You can think of this as a sweet, nostalgic way to eat baked oats, or as a healthier version of cinnamon toast crunch that wont give you a sugar crash. Either way, it makes an amazing breakfast, and one that will keep you full for much longer than ordinary cereal.
I believe that oats can be almost anything, and in this case, they take the form of cinnamon toast crunch. One of my childhood favorites, now with filling and nutritious ingredients! It’s still crispy, crunchy, and sweet, while being full of healthy fats and fiber.
This recipe is also vegan and gluten free, as long as you serve with dairy free milk! If you have a bit of extra time, this is the perfect breakfast to start your morning.
If you don’t have time to read or make this now, be sure to that way, you can always come back to it
What Happens If Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Large Size Is Out Of Stock And I Need To Give Specific Instructions
- Find Best Match: By default, your shopper will use their best judgement to pick a replacement for your item.
- Pick Specific Replacement: You can pick a specific alternative for the shopper to purchase if your first choice is out-of-stock.
- Dont Replace: For items youd rather not replace, choose Dont replace to get a refund if the item is out of stock.
You May Like: Cheerios Recall 2017
What Youll Need To Make Your Own Vegan Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Ingredients
- Wholewheat flour (please see my notes below
- Light brown sugar: I prefer using brown sugar over granulated sugar, the least refined the better, to create a healthy cinnamon toast crunch cereal . I also find that the brown sugar gives a wonderful depth of flavour, that you simply dont get from granulated sugar.
- Flax Eggs
How To Open Classified Envelope Breath Of The Wild
The Classified Envelope is a key item found in Breath of the Wild. It can be obtained by completing the Hyrule Compendium and then speaking with Symin, who will gift Link the envelope. It currently has no use other than bragging rights. Inside the envelope is a picture of a beautiful young woman of the Sheikah tribe.
You May Like: Dove Chocolate Gluten Free List
Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch
Since 2015, General Mills Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch has been in and out of the cereal aisle. The Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch Mini Treats, like other breakfast cereals, combine cereal with milk-inspired flavor, allowing you to enjoy the pieces even without a bowl and spoon.
So now you can predict the Christmas-themed cereal, which is made of whole wheat and rice pieces coated in cinnamon-sugar sweetness with sugar cookie flavor, to have milk-like flavor and drizzle.
It tastes similar to Cinnamon Toast Crunch but without the cinnamon. However, just like any other Cinnamon Toast Crunch flavors, Sugar Cookie Toast Crunch also contains Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3 and processed sugar which are not vegan ingredients.
Is Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cinnadust Gluten
We know Cinnamon Toast Crunch has wheat in it and is not gluten-free. However, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cinnadust did not have any obvious gluten in the ingredients nor an allergen statement or advisory. Cinnadust did, however, have natural flavors in the ingredients.
In the United States companies are only required to list if ingredients are derived from wheat, but not the other 2 gluten containing grains, barley and rye. .
Because there was no allergen statement, I knew the natural flavors werent derived from wheat but I didnt know if it was from barley or rye. And because Cinnadust is Cinnamon Toast Crunch flavored, the risks of the natural flavor being derived from gluten were high .
So, I called the company. The company told me the following:This product has not been tested or analyzed to be gluten-free it is company policy to declare if ingredients are derived from wheat, barley and rye on the label.
So there you have it, there are no gluten containing or derived ingredients in Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cinnadust.
Now for some, because the product has not been tested for gluten, this product will remain unsafe. However, in most cases, a gluten-free claim or certification is not required for a product to be celiac-safe.
Because this product doesnt contain any high cross-contact risk ingredients like oats, I would say in most cases its safe. However, assess the suitability of it for yourself
My client enjoyed the Cinnadust on a bowl of gluten-free rice chex. Yum!
Read Also: Publix Liquid Starch
The Rice Crispy Treats
The Rice Crispy Treats consist of the malt tastes that are extracted from barley. They could not be gluten-free. The Rice Krispies can include similar tastes so that they might not be gluten-free. When you need to produce the gluten-free crispy treats, you can do the rice-based cereals for yourself.
Dont Miss: Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
Vegan And Gluten Free Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Recipe
This homemade Cinnamon Toast Crunch tastes just like the real thing, but is vegan and gluten-free! Its a nostalgic breakfast treat that will make you feel like a kid again!
Hi everyone, its Bailey here again from Basics With Bails! Im back with another fun vegan recipe! This time I wanted to recreate Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal.
You know what they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? So why not make it special and different? I typically like keeping it simple with a Green Smoothie, Superfood Protein Breakfast Cookies, or some Banana Bread Granola. But sometimes I like to switch it up and have some homemade cereal with fresh fruit!
I love cereal, but I havent bought boxed cereal in I dont know how long. One day I was craving Cinnamon Toast Crunch and decided, WHY NOT whip some up?!
Homemade cereal I already see your brains shutting down because you aint got time to make your own cereal, and you think this will be WAY too hard. However, there are only 8 ingredients for this entire recipe. EIGHT.
All you just have to do is mix them, roll em and then cut them into cute little squares. In my opinion, the only tricky part is rolling the dough out. You want it thin enough so the Cinnamon Toast gets crunchy, but not too thin that the dough breaks. Its a fine line, but if you can master this part youre smooth sailing for everything else!
Recommended Reading: Kraft Italian Dressing Gluten Free
Cinnadust Brings Cinnamon Toast Crunch Everywhere
When General Mills Cinnamon Toast Crunch launched in 1984, the intention was to create a cereal that had the look and taste of cinnamon toast.
Through a partnership with B& G Foods, consumers will now be able to give anything the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Cinnadust, a shaker bottle with the ingredients that give the cereal its signature flavor, will hit Sams Club shelves next week, B& G announced. It will expand to other grocery stores and online retailers next year.
While Cinnamon Toast Crunch was the 3rd best-selling cereal in the United States last year according to Statista, bringing in nearly $401 million in sales, its signature flavor is already everywhere. Cinnamon Toast Crunch spinoffs include microwaveable doughnut holes, Toaster Strudel, ice cream, bars, coffee creamer and Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churros cereal.
Its worth noting this seasoning blend isnt necessarily anything new. Seasoning companies have sold their own bottled cinnamon sugar blends for years. According to McCormick, recipes for cinnamon toast date back to the 1600s. Cinnamon and sugar have been blended to make confections for hundreds of years.
The Cinnadust website says the new sweet seasoning has the taste you love with notes of caramel, vanilla and graham flavor, but given the ingredients list sugar, cinnamon, anti-caking agents, natural flavors and sunflower oil its unclear how different Cinnadust is from the long-existing seasoning blends.
Homemade Cereal Tips & Tricks:
- Add in 2 tablespoon cacaopowder: instead of just cinnamon toast crunch, you can make chocolate cinnamon toast crunch! Remove 2 tablespoons of the oat flour and replace with 2 tablespoons of cacao powder.
- Oat flour substitutes: if you dont need a gluten free vegan cereal recipe, you can just make this vegan! Use all purpose flour instead of oat flour for a classic homemade cinnamon toast crunch.
- Coconut oil substitutes: there isnt much of a coconut oil taste to these, even if you dont use triple refined coconut oil. However, if you dont have coconut oil on hand or prefer not to use it, you can also use vegan butter or applesauce.
- Watch the oven: towards the latter half of the baking time, you can check up on how the cinnamon toast crunch is baking. They can quickly go from lightly golden to burnt, so around 5 minutes left, check to see how your cinnamon toast crunch is baking.
- Storage: unlike the store bought cinnamon toast crunch, youll need to store your homemade vegan cereal in the fridge for optimum freshness. I use a big mason jar with a lid, but any glass container will work. The homemade cereal will keep for about 5 days in the fridge.
I hope you love this vegan cinnamon toast crunch as much as I do! If you make it, let me know so that others may find this recipe.
As always, I absolutely love to see your beautiful creations on and , so be sure to tag me there.
Happy vegan cereal making!
Read Also: Panko Gluten Free Substitute
Is Everything On The List A Certified Gluten Free Cereal
Most of these cereals are certified gluten free or have gluten free labels. Ive taken the time to research each box and include any cross-contamination warnings or other possible issues. But as always with these types of lists, I want to remind you that brands do occasionally change their recipes . Thats why its always important to check the nutrition label yourself before you place the box in your cart.
*Id also like to add an important update* It has come to my attention that some General Mills cereals including Cheerios have had issues with the FDA in ensuring their food is gluten free. Here is an article from GF Jules that explains this issue. If you are celiac it would probably be safest to just avoid General Mills cereals until there is solid evidence showing they are suitable for celiacs.
Leftovers: Cinnadust Shakes On The Cinnamon Toast Crunch Flavor Special K Pastry Crisps Add A Jolt Of Coffee
The seasoning blend converts the sweet cereal into an ingredient, and Newmans Own uses avocado oil to take the dairy out of its dressings.
Leftovers is our look at a few of the product ideas popping up everywhere. Some are intriguing, some sound amazing and some are the kinds of ideas we would never dream of. We cant write about everything that we get pitched, so here are some leftovers pulled from our inboxes.
You May Like: Capellos Naked Pizza Crust
Nutritional Values Of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
The cereal has 220 calories per serving if consumed with milk. This is a good amount for breakfast as it can energize you. However, there is 4g of fat per serving which does not seem much.
Although, you should keep in mind not to overeat. That is because the cereal has 12g of sugars per serving. This can cause you toothaches if you are sensitive to the sweet stuff.
Here are some additional values of the cereal. If you are health conscious, then these will help you in deciding whether to consume the item.
- Cholesterol less than 5mg
- Calcium 280 mg
- Potassium 270 mg
All these values are for one serving. Besides them, Cinnamon Toast Crunch also contains a lot of minerals and vitamins. Some of them are very beneficial and can meet your daily requirements.
Is Cinnamon Toast Crunch Gluten-free? This is the most asked question by many people. Whereas some of you may not be aware of gluten-frees meaning.
Sure, you must have heard the term from many people. But do you know what it means? So lets talk about the term before going any further.