Hello Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Last month I created this recipe and then teased many of you with it on Instagram . You see, I shared the photos and showed the perfect texture andsquish of these unreal muffins, but then I said you all had to wait a month to get the recipehow mean! I know, I know, but its finally here, yay!! These seriously are the best ever gluten free blueberry muffins Ive ever made and maybe even ever eatennot to toot my own horn. I wanted to create a healthy muffin recipe that had the perfect dome top, an airy texture with some squish to it, and a subtle sweetness.
This recipe checks all the boxes.
These muffins are loaded with fresh, juicy blueberries, the perfect amount of banana to give them a touch of banana bread flavour, a gluten free flour blend, honey to sweeten, avocado oil, and Genuine Healths clean collagen powderwhich adds a nice dose of amino acids and protein to these muffins. Without being overly sweet the muffins are well balanced with healthy fats, carbohydrates, and proteincant say that often about your regular run-of-the-mill blueberry muffin!
To get the top of the muffins to rise I did some research online and found a technique that worked really well. Often in the past my healthier muffins would tend to fall flat during baking and I thought this was because of the dense ingredients like whole grain flours or liquid sweeteners I was using. However, in my experimenting I found out that the perfect muffin dome actually comes from a specific baking technique!
Krusteaz Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Mix
For those of us that have not always been gluten free, we know how a great Blueberry Muffin should taste. Introducing the Krusteaz Certified Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin mix. Made with a can of Real Blueberries, these moist and delicious muffins will be the winner of your breakfast table every time. These taste so good, you won’t even miss the Gluten.
About Krusteaz: The Krusteaz story began in 1932 when a group of women from a Seattle bridge club created a just-add-water pie crust that was an industry first. Today, Krusteaz remains a family-owned business that stands for innovative products, premium ingredients and easy-to-make mixes to fit every occasion. The product line includes pancakes, waffles, muffins and quick breads, cookies, dessert bars, cornbread, crumb cakes and more. Every box invites consumers to âSeize the What Ifâ and have fun in the kitchen, get a little messy, fuel their creativity and enjoy the possibilities Krusteaz mixes bring to the table.
Voted #1 Gf Muffin Mix By Gf Consumers
- 14-oz mix makes 15 full-sized muffins
- Certified gluten free & Kosher & Certified Free From the Big 8 Food Allergens: NO wheat, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, fish, crustaceans
- Dairy free, nut free, soy free
- Save 15% EVERY DAY w/’Pack of 4′ option
- Save 20% EVERY DAY w/ ‘Case of 12’ option
- Scroll down to see INGREDIENTS
Use mix in these recipes … and more!
You May Like: Is Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
How To Keep Berries From Sinking To The Bottom Of Muffins
Some of your berries will, indeed, sink to the bottom of the muffin. But there are ways to prevent all of them from sinking.
First, toss the berries in some dry ingredients. It wont fix everything, but it will help the rest of the muffin batter cling to the berries, so they stay put.
Second, be careful about how you scoop your muffin batter into the wells of the tin. The top of the scoop becomes the bottom of the muffin, so avoid having lots of berries down there!
Finally, use the right muffin batter, like in this recipe. This batter is thick, and not like a liquid at all, so the berries dont float to the bottom!
Voted Best Gluten Free Muffin Mix
gfJules Gluten Free Muffin Mix was voted #1 by gluten free consumers for good reason. They’re simply fabulous muffins! They’re not gritty or crumbly like most gluten free muffins because there’s no gritty brown rice flour in gfJules’ mix! You don’t have to add loads of butter and/or sugar to mask a funky-tasting flour like beans, either — because there aren’t any of those in here! gfJules Muffin Mix is based on Jules’ award-winning gluten free flour , so making muffins is a simple and rewarding and delicious as you remember. You do remember, don’t you?
Remember the simple yet thrilling experience of watching mom make homemade muffins on Saturday mornings? The ritual? The senses engaged? The cold sticks of butter youd help her cut? The fine, dusty flour youd measure out ever so carefully? The sound of the mixer, the sight of dropping the batter into the tins? The AROMA as they baked? Almost burning your fingers as you helped yourself too soon to the muffins she pleaded with you to let cool? And then that first amazing, sublime, melt-in-your-mouth bite? Making gluten free muffins is EASY with this mix. Jules regularly whips up from-scratch gluten free muffins on a school day! This award-winning gluten free Muffin Mix makes it even easier for you to make muffins an any-morning treat.
Also Check: Does Red Wine Have Gluten
Welcome To Gf With Mama B
I am delighted to bring you healthy gluten free recipes, tips and more! After over 10 years of living gluten free it has become my passion to find easy gluten free recipes and food options that my family can enjoy. Thank you for welcoming me into your kitchen the heart of your family’s home! Read More
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins With Crumble Topping
- May 12, 2021
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins are a healthy fiber rich snack, filled with almond flour, oat flour, almond butter, and no added sugars!
If youre looking for a dairy free blueberry muffins, youll love what I have for you today!
I do not follow a gluten free diet, but for some reason, I always have gluten free flours on hand that I like to experiment with. Much of this is probably thanks to the PR brands sending me goodies.
And google tells me that lots of people are searching for gluten free muffins, so I got to work with experimenting.
That being said, Ive already experimented with what I think is a winning moist gluten free muffins recipe with my chickpea flour muffins. So these dairy free blueberry muffins were a no brainer.
Don’t Miss: Red Wine Gluten
Gluten Free Bursting Blueberry Muffins
- 250g Self-raising gluten free flour
- 150g Caster sugar
- 2 Medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 50ml Oil
- 150ml Almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 200c and put 12 paper cases into a muffin tin.
- STEP 2Put the flour, sugar, oats and blueberries in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- STEP 3In another bowl mix the eggs, oil and milk together and then stir into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until combined but still a bit lumpy.
- STEP 4Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- STEP 5Let the muffins cool for a minute or two in the tin, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- STEP 6Once cool, enjoy on their own or with some blueberries on the side. They are great for breakfast, elevenses or afternoon tea!
Plant Based Blueberry Muffin Mix
Our classic blueberry muffins that youre wild for – with 11g of plant protein goodness per serving. Not to worry, we wouldnt dare leave out the can of blueberries!
|1/2 Cup Mix & 2 tsp blueberries|
|Servings Per Container|
MUFFIN MIX: Whole wheat flour, sugar, wheat protein isolate, whole grain oat flour, chickpea protein, ground flaxseed, natural flavor, sodium aluminum phosphate, baking soda, dextrose, soybean oil, food starch-modified, salt, citric acid, guar gum). BLUEBERRIES: Blueberries, water.
You May Like: Is Einkorn Flour Gluten Free
How To Measure Gluten
When baking with gluten-free flour its really important how you measure the flour. Fluff first and then use the scoop and sweep method.
Can You Freeze Gluten
The answer is, yes, you can! You can bake these muffins off, allow them to come to room temperature, then pop them into a zip-top bag and freeze them for up to 2 months. Just let them defrost in the refrigerator overnight, and theyre ready to go in the morning.
Smear them with a little butter while theyre still warm and eat them over the sink. Its so much more satisfying this way. I hope these gluten-free blueberry muffins become a Sunday morning staple at your place too!
Also Check: Gluten Free Substitute For Bread Crumbs
Why Dairy Free Blueberry Muffins
I dont talk about this much but I have experimented off and on with going dairy free periodically to see if some of Hannahs symptoms improve. She is always SO congested , and she used to deal with some constipation and reflux.
The tongue and lip tie release seemed to help with some symptoms but she still does get weird rashes and spit up more occasionally, and I cant figure out why.
My typical diet is high in dairy . So, we tend to have a a lot of dairy-free alternatives on hand.
For those with a true dairy allergy or intolerance , I feel you. You want to be able to enjoy many of the same foods and fortunately with all of the products available today, I feel like thats pretty easy to do.
And hopefully, with these gluten free banana blueberry muffins, you wont skip a beat.
Milk is a pretty easy swap in muffin recipes so whether you make these dairy free or not, the flavor or texture wont really change much.
How To Make Gluten Free Corn Free Blueberry Muffins
This recipe calls for an all purpose gluten free flour blend, specifically Better Batter, thats lightened into more of a gluten free cake flour by adding cornstarch. If you cant have corn, try using arrowroot or potato starch.
If youre using a high-starch all purpose gluten free flour blend like Cup4Cup, use an extra 36 grams Cup4Cup in place of cornstarch.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free English Muffins Publix
Hints For Making Perfect Muffins
1) Make sure all of your ingredients are room temperature.
2) Use fresh blueberries for the best results.
3) Stir together ingredients by hand and do not over mix to insure fluffy muffins.
4) Gently toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon of sugar before adding to prevent blue batter.
5) Add extra lemon zest for added flavor, if desired.
My 17 year old granddaughter, Savannah, made Nanas Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins at home and did a great job. Here she is, carefully putting them into the oven.
What is so special about these muffins is that they taste JUST LIKE they came from a bakery and they absolutely do NOT taste like they are gluten free or milk free. The perfect crumb, not too dense yet not too delicate. When you bake them, your house will smell heavenly.
For me, its a recipe thats been handed down from my mother down to my granddaughter and a wonderful way to feel connected over our four generations. I hope you will enjoy Nanas Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins just as much as we do!
Gluten Free Krusteaz Blueberry Muffins
Remember the delicious blueberry muffins your mom made when you were growing up with the little can of blueberries? Me too! Thank you Krusteaz for bringing us these Gluten Free Krusteaz Blueberry Muffins!
Blueberry muffins are a treat to accompany any breakfast especially with your family! They put a smile on any kids face and taste great too!
They fill the house with the wonderful smell of sweet blueberries when they are baking.
Get yours by clicking here and make them for your family!
The directions are shown below:
You May Like: Is There Gluten In Red Wine
Ingredients For Gf Blueberry Muffins
Heres a list of what you need to make these deliciously healthy gluten free banana blueberry muffins.
- Almond flour a great gluten free baking flour, with healthy fat, protein and fiber!
- Oat flour I love the softness that oat flour provides, plus this one is certified gluten free. Its one of my favorites! If making your own, just ensure your oats are gluten free.
- Bananas Help to add natural sweetness and keep these moist gluten free muffins free of added sugar!
- Eggs Eggs help with binding things together. I assume a flax egg would work fine if you need these to be vegan gluten free muffins, but note, I did not test these.
- Apple cider vinegarACV reacts with baking soda to help the muffins rise a cool chemistry reaction!
- Almond butter A great source of fat that helps to naturally sweeten these and add some richness.
- Almond milk if you dont need these dairy free, you can use any kind of milk.
- Blueberries fresh or frozen both work great! Frozen may hold together a little better and wont squish as easily, but this is a personal preference. You can make gluten free berry muffins with any other berry, too, for substitutions.
- Vanilla extract
You just need two bowls and a mixing spoon and youre good to go!
Substitutions You Can Make
This recipe is very flexible, and can be easily adapted to suit your dietary needs, budget, ease and convenience.
- You can use any type of oil: coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil.
- You can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc.
- You can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc.
- You can replace the ground almonds with ground walnuts.
- For a nut-free version: replace the ground almonds with ground sunflower seeds or use 30g coconut flour instead of 150g ground almonds.
- You can use plain flour, wholemeal flour or spelt flour instead of the gluten-free flour if you’re not gluten-free.
- For an oil-free/no oil version: replace the oil with a few tablespoons of applesauce!
Read Also: Gluten Free Pizza Crust Publix