Chocolate Mallow Layer Cake
- Chocolate Cake
Building the Cake
For this youll need a 6 cake ring, a pan lined with parchment or silpat, and 2 strips of acetate cut 20 inches long and 3 inches tall .
Have a silpat or parchment lined sheet ready.
Use the cake ring to carefully cut two circles in the cooled chocolate cake.
Place the cake ring on the sheet and insert one of the rings of acetate. Make a layer of cake with all the scraps left around the circles, using the back of your hand to tap down.
Give the layer a good soak of vanilla milk. Then give it a good swirl of chocolate fudge sauce, smoothing out with the back of a spoon. Cover with 1/2 of the chocolate crumb and press down to make even. Then layer 1/3 of the marshmallows, as evenly as possible. Give another swirl of chocolate fudge sauce.
Gently set one of the cake circles on top and slightly press down to seal. Slip the second acetate ring on top, tucking around the cake layer. Repeat with layers of milk, fudge sauce, crumb, mallows and more fudge sauce, then slip the top layer of cake on evenly.
Pour remaining fudge sauce on top and layer with remaining marshmallows.
Freeze at least 12 hours before serving. 3 hours before serving, remove ring and allow to defrost in refrigerator for 3 hours.
Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 4 Tbsp corn syrup
- 50g / 4 Tbsp white sugar
- 110g / 1/2 cup coconut milk
Place chocolate, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl.
Vanilla Milk Soak
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
Thanks For Sharing The Love
Once your friend makes their first purchase at milkbarstore.com, well send you $10 off your next order, too! Everyone wins.
Snag FREE shipping on your first order over $70 when you join the Milk Bar fam.
* Required field. By entering your email, you agree to our Privacy and Terms. We’ll send you updates on all things Milk Bar. Unsubscribe anytime!
Snag FREE shipping on your first order over $70 when you join the Milk Bar fam.
Ingredients Needed To Make The Momofuku Milk Bar Cake
Not gonna lie. There are also some specialty ingredients in this cake as well. I thought about taking some shortcuts, but I decided to go for it and see what the fuss is all about. Glad I did.
- Sugars The crumbs use both brown sugar and granulated white sugar.
- Cake Flour A little low protein flour to help bind the crumble together
- Baking Powder To help give the cake crumbs so lift so they arent dense.
- Salt I used table salt so I used less than called for since the original recipe used kosher salt. Kosher salt is bigger in granules so you need more.
- Rainbow Sprinkles Of course, sprinkles. Because hello ultimate funfetti cake is what we are going for here.
- Grapeseed oil
- Clear vanilla extract this is what Christine recommends using because it gives it that classic boxed mix taste.
- Milk I used whole milk, but I think a lower fat milk would be fine. Its used to soak the cake layers to help keep them moist.
- Vanilla A little more flavor here. Nothing wrong with that. Really drives home the vanilla cake flavor.
Don’t Miss: Jason’s Deli Gluten Free
Here Is The Video Review Of My Milk Bar Cakes:
I was very impressed with the Milk Bar Cakes. I definitely would order them again. I think the price was very fair. If you purchased all of the ingredients required to make the cake, you probably wouldn’t save much in making it yourself. However, you would save yourself a lot of time and effort. Also, even though it looks small, a little slice of cake goes a long way. I ordered 6 inch cakes and the two cakes together fed a large group of people. Next time I would love to try the Strawberry Lemon Cake and the Popcorn Cake. They both look fun!
If you end up trying the Milk Bar Cakes, let me know. I would love to hear how you liked them. Also, if you end up making one yourself, tell me how it went. I have no desire to put forth that kind of effort, but I would love to hear if your cake turned out as good as the Milk Bar Store’s cakes!
How To Put It All Together
- First, crush the oreos and sprinkles as finely as you can. I either put them in a Ziploc bag and roll over them with a rolling pin or pulse them in a food processor. Whatever is easiest for you!
Tip: If you are using the Ziploc bag method, smack the cookies with your rolling pin a few times first before rolling. It might feel a bit ~aggressive~ but itll jump start the crushing process and save you so much time.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Mix well. Add in the oreos and crushed sprinkles and mix until you form a sticky dough.
Tip: As soon as the dough starts to come together, you might need to switch to mixing with your hands to help get the dough fully saturated and combined.
- To make the topping put the oats and sprinkles in a blender or food processor and pulse until you have a fine powder. Place the powder in a small dish or bowl.
- Roll the dough into ten equal sized mini balls, about 2 tbsp each. Toss each ball in the oat mixture until they are fully coated.
- Serve whenever!
You May Like: What Foods Have Gluten In Them List
Pure Protein Bars Gluten Free Snack Bar Birthday Cake 50 Gram 6 Count
|Ingredients||Soy protein isolate, Milk protein isolate, Whey protein concentrate, Modified palm kernel oil, Whey protein isolate, Sugars , Water, Canola oil, Calcium caseinate, Milk protein concentrate, Dry skim milk, Tapioca starch, Corn starch, Salt, Maltitol syrup, Gelatin, Glycerin, Maltitol, Natural flavours, Lactic acid, Soy lecithin, Shellac, Tartrazine, Erythrosine, Carnauba wax, Brilliant blue FCF, Allura red, Sunset yellow FCF, Indigotine, Sucralose , Flavour enhancer, Tocopherols. Contains: Milk, Soy.|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||10.5 x 7.5 x 14 centimeters|
- 20g of protein per bar
- 4g of sugar per bar
- 190 Calories
If You Want To Read About Some Other Great Food That You Can Order To Your Home From Online Check Out:
- Giordano’s Famous Deep Dish Pizza:Giordanos, famous for their stuffed deep dish pizza, is one Chicagos most popular pizzerias. This cheese, cheese, and extra cheese deep dish pizza is one of the best pizzas you will ever eat. Is Chicago too far away to travel to? Guess what? You dont have to travel to Chicago to try it. They will deliver it right to your door!
- Hughes Home Maid Chocolates:If you didnt know about Hughes Home Maid Chocolates store, you would surely miss it. It is hidden among the residential houses on 1823 Doty Street in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Since 1940, this little house has been handcrafting some of the best chocolates you will ever eat in its downstairs basement!
- Portillos Chicago Style Hot Dogs & Hot Beef Sandwiches: Portillos is the best place for an authentic Chicago-style hot dog. They top their hot dogs with mustard, pickles, sport peppers, tomatoes, and chopped onions. Then they serve them in a steamed poppy seed bun. How delicious is that? Their juicy Italian beef and spicy Italian sausage sandwiches are wicked tasty also!
Recommended Reading: Is Cream Of Chicken Soup Gluten Free
Christina Tosi’s Milk Bar
Established by award-winning chef and owner Christina Tosi in 2008, Milk Bar focuses on putting a playful, approachable spin on nostalgic home-style desserts. Milk Bar has 15 other stores in New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Along with menu highlights such as the salty sweet Compost Cookie, Birthday Cake, and Milk Bar Pie, the Las Vegas location of Milk Bar features exclusive menu items available only at The Cosmopolitan, including alcohol-infused Fancy Shakes like the Cereal Milk White Russian, as well as other limited edition menu items from special cakes like the Elvis Cake, with vanilla chocolate chip cake, peanut butter frosting, banana mousse and caramel ganache, to special soft serve flavors and more.
Tips For Making This Momofuku Birthday Cake Recipe
- Use the correct pan: I read other blogs stating they had issues making this in the incorrect pan and having the cake bubble over. You need to use a 10×15 jelly roll pan.
- Make Ahead: Use the times above to figure out how to break down this process. And dont forget this cake has to freeze for 12 hours, and then defrost a full 3 hours in the fridge before serving.
- Vanilla Extract: Worth the splurge. The flavor really was true to that vanilla cake mix flavor. Of course you can substitute the regular vanilla, but be aware the cake and frosting will have a darker hue.
- Frosting: I doubled the amount based on other reviews. Some suggested using 1.5x the original recipe called for. So you may have some leftover.
- Oil: I did not use grapeseed oil either. You can replace that with another neutral tasting oil such as vegetable or canola.
- Glucose syrup: I did use this in my frosting and helps to make it smooth. But if you dont have it, you can replace with more corn syrup but it can make your frosting sweeter than intended and texturally not the same.
- Salt: I used table salt, so I adjusted this amount in the recipe for what I used. If you are using kosher salt you will need to increase the amount slightly.
- Citric Acid: I didnt use this either but used lemon juice instead. But that little bit of acidity does help to balance the frostings sweetness.
Recommended Reading: Bob’s Red Mill Vital Wheat Gluten
Why Choose Milk Bar
At Milk Bar, we offer award-winning treats from our classic Birthday Cake to fan-favorite BDay Cake Truffles!
For gifting, for sharing, or keeping all to yourself! We handcraft your treats fresh and to order, then flash-freeze them for peak quality.
If you’re a last-minute gifter, we’ve got you covered with overnight delivery, 7 days a week to anywhere in the USA.
Our classic Birthday Cake, inspired by the supermarket stuff we grew up with now made gluten-free! Three tiers of rainbow-flecked, gluten-free vanilla Birthday cake layered with creamy Birthday frosting and crunchy gluten-free Birthday crumbs. Tastes like childhood.
Top 10 Ingredients For Gluten
This tasty vanilla cake is both dairy-free and egg-free, but youll need to make it gluten-free by swapping out the flour for a gluten-free flour blend. Make this one into cakes or cupcakes for a tasty and allergy-safe option for any birthday party or special event.
This dairy-free and egg-free vanilla confetti cake is a great option for you if youre gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. Youll need to swap out the flour for a gluten-free flour blend to make this one gluten and dairy-free friendly.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls Shipped
For The Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream cheese plain cream cheese works best, and can substitute dairy-free cream cheese if needed
- Unsalted butter we like to use grass-fed unsalted butter, and you can use a dairy-free/vegan butter if needed
- Pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Milk of choice use non-dairy milk if needed
Shop Thrive Market to get the best prices on natural, organic, and specialty foods. PLUS get a free gift valued at $24 when you sign-up! Shop Thrive Market for all of your baking essentials!
How Do I Make A Milk Bar Cake Ahead Of Time
I get it. This cake is not for the faint of heart. So here is a breakdown of the components and their make ahead schedule:
Cake crumbs: Up to a week ahead of time. Store at room temperature. You can also store these in the freezer for 1 month.
Cake: You can store this, cooled and wrapped, in the fridge up to 5 days.
Frosting: Store in the fridge up to 1 week ahead of time. Bring to room temperature before using.
Whole Cake Assembled: Store in the fridge, covered up to 5 days. Freezer, covered, up to 2 weeks.
Also Check: Aldi Baked Beans Gluten Free
What Do I Need To Make This Milk Bar Cake
Ok yes heres the thing you will need a few things to make this cake that you may not have on hand. Ill be perfectly honest its got some unique tools and ingredients but its all worth it.
- 6-inch cake rings You will use these to cut the cake rounds out and then to stack the cake. You might be able to try baking this in a 6-inch cake or 8-inch cake round but you would need to adjust the baking time.
- Jelly roll pan You need to use a specific sized jelly roll pan so the batter fits. You need a 10×15 jelly roll pan.
- Acetate Cake Collar This is used to wrap around the cake rings to create that look that is the Milk Bar cake.
If you dont want to get all these things but want to experience the wonder that is the Milk Bar cake you could try baking in a 6-inch cake pan and then frost without the cake collar. I havent tried this method, but I think it would work. It wont have the same look but no one will care once they take a bite.
Two: Make The Milk Bar Funfetti Cake
Okay, step one done! Lets make the cake. Start by mixing together the dry ingredients. And then in a second bowl, you want to cream your butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Then add the eggs one at a time. You want to then add the oil, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix again to medium high and beat again for 4-6 minutes. The mixture will be light in color and liquidy.
Dont forget to add those sprinkles!
Then spread the batter into your prepared sheet pan and bake. Once the cake springs back, or a cake tester comes out clean its done. Allow to cool. You can make the cake ahead of time, up to 5 days. Just allow to cool and then wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Read Also: Is Einkorn Flour Gluten Free