Can I Freeze Mushroom Soup
Of course! Theres nothing better than having a supply of this tasty mushroom soup recipe waiting to be heated up.
Next time you make this delicious soup, you may want to double the recipe to freeze half for later.
1. Store the soup. You can pour the soup into freezer-safe food storage containers.
Some people also like freezing soup in gallon Ziploc freezer bags. This can be a bit tricky to do. But then you can stack the frozen soup, which saves space.
To pour the soup into the freezer bag, place the bag in a bowl. Then cuff the bag over the edge of the bowl. Ladle the soup into each bag.
Then carefully press out any air. Seal up the bag.
Remember to label and date the containers or bags with a Sharpie.
2. Freeze the soup. Stack the containers or lay the Ziploc freezer bags flat in a single layer in the freezer. After the bags freeze, you can then stack them to save freezer space.
The soup should remain good for at least three months.
3. Thaw and reheat. To thaw, defrost the containers overnight in the refrigerator.
Another way to thaw the frozen soup is to place the containers or freezer bags in a large bowl full of room temperature water. The soup should thaw in a few hours.
Then you warm the soup up on the stovetop over medium heat or microwave it.
Read Also: Is Japanese Panko Gluten Free
Whole Wheat Flour + Cream + Broth
In this case, the idea is to make more of a tasty roux than cream of soup, but the flavors are all there. We recommend you stick to whole wheat flour because it makes the roux thicker and is healthier, but regular all-purpose or gluten-free flour works too.
Mix ¼ cup of whole wheat flour, one cup of broth, and ¼ cup of cream.
For added flavor, use butter, parsley, salt, pepper, and chopped mushrooms. The idea of this option is to first cook the flour with the butter and broth, then slowly add the cream, which creates a nice and thick slurry that you can add to any casserole or turn into pasta sauce.
For Beef Stroganoff, Dairy-Free, and Baking
Osteobroth Tomato Basil Bone Broth Soup
This tomato basil soup is packed with 19g collagen-rich protein which supports healthy skin, nails, and joints. It contains 410mg of sodium 18% of DV and is free from added sugars. You just need to add hot water and the soup will be ready to enjoy in five minutes.
Allergen information: Gluten Free. Dairy Free.
Recommended Reading: King Arthur Gluten Free Recipes
Storing Freezing And Make Ahead Tips
For parties, make-ahead appetizer recipes are ideal. The filling may be made up to 3 days ahead of time. Cover in an airtight container and fill mushrooms when ready to bake and serve.
Alternatively the mushrooms may be prepared and filled up to 24 hours before baking. Cover the baking sheet securely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. It will need an additional 1-2 minutes baking time since the stuffed mushrooms will be chilled.
Gluten-free stuffed mushrooms recipe is also freezer-friendly! Prepare the unbaked mushrooms with filling and transfer to an airtight container. Freeze up to 2 months before thawing overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
What Is Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Cream of mushroom soup is a soup with a creamy texture and has mushrooms as the main ingredient, either in pieces or pureed entirely into the soup. This soup generally has a thick and almost gravy-like flavor and texture.
Cream of mushroom soup is full of earthy flavor from the mushrooms and creamy from a combination of a roux and milk or cream and/or vegetable or mushroom broth.
You May Like: Gluten Free Pancake Mix Recipe
Best Substitutes For Cream Of Chicken Soup
As winter rolls in and the days grow shorter, and the air outside gets crisp and chilly, nothing warms the bones like a thick blanket, a roaring fire, and a hot plate of good old-fashioned comfort food. Soups, casseroles, pasta bakes, and the like are the MVPs of winter dining, and many of these recipes call for a beloved pantry staple: cream of chicken soup. Made with a rich combination of hearty chicken, decadent cream, and savory stock, cream of chicken soup is both delicious and highly effective as a binding and thickening agent. It’s shelf-stable, and while it’s perfectly tasty right from the can, it can also be used to create homey main courses like stews and hot dishes as well as sauces and gravies.
However, there may come a day when you dig deep into your cabinet, past the cans of green beans, diced tomatoes, and sweet corn, and realize with a groan that you’re fresh out of cream of chicken soup. Or perhaps you’re cooking for a friend or family member who has a dairy allergy or is following a plant-based diet. How are you to make a chicken casserole or your famous slow cooker chicken and dumplings without your trusty can of Campbell’s? Fear not we have tasty and easily procured substitutes for cream of chicken soup ready to save the day.
Why You Should Skip The Canned Mushroom Soup
One peek at the red and white label on a popular brand can of condensed cream of mushroom soup is usually all it takes to realize that its not the healthiest choice. At least, for most people. Aside from being loaded with sodium, most of the cream of anything soups lack essential healthy nutrients.
For the most part, they are nothing more than roux with flavored broth and a lot of salt and preservatives added to them. Depending on the flavor, you may find tiny amounts of the base ingredient in them too, like mushrooms or chicken.
If you want to make condensed soup ready to eat, you need to stir in a couple of cups of liquid to it. Most people use water. When you buy ready-to-eat mushroom soup or you order it at a restaurant, it is usually made with all purpose flour, salted butter, salted broth or stock, plus heavy cream and/or milk.
Also Check: Where To Buy Gluten Free Dinner Rolls
Is Cream Of Mushroom Soup Vegan
Traditional cream of mushroom soups are not vegan since they contain dairy usually in the form of double cream and/or other milk products. Ive opted to replace this with homemade cashew cream, but any will do.
Many recipes will also use animal-derived ingredients such as chicken stock or beef stock, which I make up for with a variety of flavour-packed ingredients from the plant kingdom.
For more recipes that use homemade cashew cream, check out the following:
Where Can I Buy Great Value Cream Of Mushroom Condensed Soup Gluten Free 10 5 Oz Pack Of 2 Online At The Best Price In The Uae
desertcart is the best online shopping platform where you can buy Great Value Cream Of Mushroom Condensed Soup Gluten Free 10 5 Oz Pack Of 2 from renowned brand. desertcart delivers the most unique and largest selection of products from across the world especially from the US, UK and India at best prices and the fastest delivery time.
Also Check: Does Gluten Free Make You Lose Weight
Recommended Reading: Are Rice Krispies Gluten Free
What About The Fat
Then theres the low-fat or fat-free version of the soup toconsider. I know Campbells makes one.
Sometimes fat-free products offer hope to vegans because alot of animal products like whole milk and butter are filled with saturatedfat. So, those ingredients are often replaced with plant oils which are, ofcourse, vegan.
Sure enough, some fat-free foods swap out butter with plantoils which works out well for plant-based eaters.
Unfortunately, fat-free cream of mushroom soup seems to be everybit as non-vegan as the full-fat version.
In fact, Campbells FF cream of mushroom soup containsseveral times the amount of animal products.
For The Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Soup:
- Extra virgin olive oil Or whatever oil you keep on hand to cook with.
- Shallot A regular yellow onion is fine too.
- Butter Use vegan butter to make a dairy-free cream of chicken soup.
- Gluten free flour Use a measure-for-measure gluten-free flour blend versus a single flour like coconut or almond flour.
- Gluten free chicken broth Store-bought or homemade, and feel free to use chicken stock instead.
- Milk Any kind I use unsweetened almond milk to keep the soup dairy free. I have not tested this recipe with coconut milk.
- Poultry seasoning An easy way to add lots of slow-cooked flavor without having to open up a bunch of spice jars from the cupboard. Look for poultry seasoning in the regular spice aisle. I love Tones!
- Salt and pepper Feel free to scale back on the salt it you need to, though the amount I include is WAY less than canned.
Read Also: Penn Station Gluten Free Bread
Thai Coconut Shrimp Soup
- Step 1: Heat extra virgin olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat then add chopped shallots and saute until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Step 2: Make a roux by adding butter to the pan then, once melted, sprinkle in gluten free flour and whisk until smooth. Cook while whisking for 1 minute, then slowly add splashes of chicken broth while whisking to create a smooth sauce.
- Step 3: Pour in milk and seasonings then turn the heat up to medium-high to bring the soup to a simmer while whisking constantly. Lower the heat to medium then cook while whisking for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the soup is thick. Done!
Is There A Gluten Free Chicken Broth
Imagine Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
A ready-to-use broth that instantly adds slow cooked flavors to foods. While some packaged broths can contain gluten, this ones labeled gluten-free. For those who choose to buy organic, this one fits the bill, using a combination of organic chicken and vegetables for its base.
Read Also: Taco Bell Nacho Fries Gluten Free
Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Soup & Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Use gluten free cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup in any recipe that calls for the canned version. This delicious, homemade swap couldnt be simpler!
I am so thrilled to share the recipes for Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup and Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup with you today. These homemade thick and creamy soup recipes are going to change casserole season and the holidays as we know it!
Recommended Reading: Chicken And Minute Rice Casserole Campbells
Can I Use This Cream Of Mushroom Soup In Casseroles
Yes, this gluten-free cream of mushroom soup is perfect to use in your favorite casserole dishes! I use this cream of mushroom soup to make my favorite Gluten-Free Cheesy Green Bean Casserole and my traditional Gluten-Free Green Bean Casserole. Its also great in Beef Stroganoff, pasta bakes, and other casserole dishes.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust
To Use Frozen Gluten Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Let your frozen gluten free mushroom soup thaw completely before using. You can move it to the fridge to thaw if you have 8-24 hours.
If you need to quickly thaw your gluten free mushroom soup, place the freezer bag in a bowl with cool water.
Refresh the water every 15 minutes or so until it is thawed.
You can speed the thawing process up in the microwave.
Once your gf mushroom soup has thawed enough to remove from the freezer bag, place the frozen GF mushroom soup in a microwave safe container and heat at 50% power in 30 second increments until thawed.
Are Imagine Foods Soups Gluten Free
Im not as familiar with Imagine Foods soups, but according to the brands website, all of its soups except for its Chunky Style Soups are gluten free.
Imagine Foods soups are packaged in cartons vs. cans and if the product is gluten free, the back of the packaging will be marked with an upside-down triangle that says gluten free.
Read Also: Are Kashi Trail Mix Bars Gluten Free
How To Make Gluten Freedairy Free Mushroom Soup
This healthy mushroom soup recipe is all made in one pot.
1. Start by cooking the bacon until it gets crispy and has released a lot of fat. Reserve the bacon and set aside. In the same pot saute the onions, leeks and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and add the rest of the herbs and spices.
2. Add the chopped shiitake mushrooms to the pot, and cook until they are soft, about 6 to 7 minutes. Scoop 1/3 of the mushroom mixture into a bowl and reserve for garnishing.
3. Add the diced potatoes, carrots, drained chickpeas, and the crushed tomatoes. Add the water and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 25-30 min. Taste it and season with more salt, if needed.
4. Using a blender or immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and add the reserved bacon and mushrooms. Garnish with some sauteed mushrooms and with some chopped fresh herbs if you like. I also used some coconut aminos for garnishing and a more intense flavor.
You May Also Like These Gluten Free Soup Recipes
- For a great weeknight dinner, this creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup always hits the spot.
- Skip the carbs and dairy in potato soup and try this creamy Cauliflower Potato Soup instead!
- When it comes to healthy comfort food, Vegan Black Bean Soup will keep your taste buds singing.
- By using quinoa and broth to thicken instead of cream, this Healthy Butternut Squash Soup is rich, creamy, and great for any diet!
If you like this recipe don’t forget to leave a 5 star rating and let me know how it went in the below comments, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on , , , and to see all my delicious recipes.
Don’t Miss: Aldi Gluten Free Bread Ingredients
Variations And Tips For Non
- Cashew cream: If you’re making your own cashew cream but only want enough for this soup, you’ll want to blend approx. 100 g raw cashews with 150 ml water until smooth.
- Other cream: If you don’t want to use cashew cream, you could substitute coconut milk or another dairy-free cream product.
- Seasonings: You don’t want to overdo it with these use level teaspoons and level half teaspoons for the measurements and adjust up from there.
Why Youre Going To Love This Gluten
Quick and easy to make – With only a few ingredients, this gluten-free cream of mushroom soup is super easy to make.
Versatile – Enjoy it as a soup for dinner or it makes the perfect gluten-free substitute for cream of mushroom soup. So, why not make a double batch and freeze it for use in your favorite casseroles.
Budget-friendly – With a handful of ingredients this makes a frugal but comforting meal.
No nasties – Making this gluten-free soup from scratch removes additives, sodium, and chemicals.
Read Also: Is Olive Garden Italian Dressing Gluten Free
Is Canned Cream Of Mushroom Soup Gluten Free
Most canned cream of mushroom soups in the store are not gluten free.
Is Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup gluten free? Absolutely not!
We are lucky to have a few gluten free canned cream of mushroom soups at our grocery stores, but I still prefer making my own most of the time.
Luckily, making your own cream of mushroom soup is quick and easy!
Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Everybody loves a potluck. Midwestern churches are famous for them, offering dishes like green bean casserole, chinese noodle and hamburger hotdish, cheesy hashbrown bake, and green jello.
Introduced in 1934, Campbells Cream of Mushroom soup takes center stage in dozens of potluck recipes, and in even more quick, easy family specialties. Even though it is a staple, as people try to eat more healthy, the ingredients list sends up almost as many red flags as the nutrition facts.
INGREDIENTS: SKIM MILK, MUSHROOMS, CREAM, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, VEGETABLE OIL , BLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR , CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF: SALT, SUGAR, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, FLAVORING, HYDROLYZED YEAST PROTEIN, DISTILLED VINEGAR, DEHYDRATED SOY SAUCE , DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, YEAST EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED WHEAT GLUTEN, SPICE, DEXTROSE.
Since I avoid gluten, this isnt going to be in my diet. But I have to give kudos to the Campbell company for the first 3 ingredients.
What makes me most nervous is the nutrition information: only 1/2 cup of the soup serves up a whopping 810 mg of sodium. The American Heart Association recommends less than 1,500 mg per day for normal people . That means one serving of green bean casserole at the potluck gives you more than half the recommended intake of sodium!
Grating the onion and garlic causes them to add lots of flavour without the risk of crunching on a chunk. But since we like onion, I take the pieces that dont grate well and chop them.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Dairy Free Chicken Nuggets
Keto Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Instead of asking yourself “can you eat cream of mushroom soup on keto?”, simply make your own! Our easy Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup is absolutely delicious and 1000% better than the canned variety! It’s perfect for the keto diet!
This Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe is sponsored by out friends at Bob’s Red Mill! Thank you for supporting the brands that make Cast Iron Keto possible!
Weadore our Keto Cream of Chicken Soup but we thought is was prime time for a mushroom version! Not only is our Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup perfect for casserole dishes, it’s great for plant-based keto dieters as well as it can easily be made dairy-free and uses no cream cheese!
With fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme, this flavor filled cream of mushroom soup is as fresh as it is easy to make. With just 5 minutes you can make this yourself with the help of a little xanthan gum!
Since we all know that flour or cornstarch isn’t keto-friendly, using Bob’s Red Mill Xanthan Gum creates a silky and thick soup that’s texture can’t be beat! Plus, it’s gluten-free!
Let’s get to the specifics!