Are Hersheys Chocolate Kisses Gluten Free
At least in the U.S., Hersheys milk chocolate kisses are on the companys perennial gluten-free list. Plus, Hersheys practices truth in labeling. Of course, always do your homework and be sure to keep yourself safe.
Most of Hersheys kisses are safely gluten free, but some fancier varieties may not be safe. If youre unsure, you can try using a square of your favorite gluten free chocolate, or a small peanut butter cup if thats safe for you.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies Without Peanut Butter
If you cant have peanuts, you can have actual gf peanut butter cookies. But you can still have gluten free nut butter cookies.
This recipe works well with no-stir almond butter. I really love Barney Butter brandbut it is ridiculously expensive.
Just like it wont work with the drip-off-the-spoon peanut butter, the recipe wont work with that sort of almond butter.
I do not recommend trying this recipe with Sunbutter, which is by its nature very drippy.
If youd like to make a cookie with Sunbutter, try using one of my Nutella recipes. Here are some Nutella recipes that might work with Sunbutter:
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- tip 2 Rather than a fork to press the dough into the classic criss-cross pattern, use a cookie stamp or potato masher.
- tip 3 Xanthan gum is a sugar-based ingredient that is used as a thickener and stabilizer in recipes and can be found online or in grocery stores.
- tip 4 Store leftover bars in an airtight container.
- tip 5
Read Also: Jason’s Deli Chocolate Mousse
All The Reasons These Are The Best Healthy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies Ever:
- Only 4-Ingredients!
- Totally packed with protein means its also healthy for you!
- Good-for-you-Cookie + 6-ingredients = Amazing Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies.
It took me two batches to get these just perfectly right. I took my good ole original Skinny Peanut Butter Cookie recipe and made it gluten free!
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Get Ingredients Delivered or Create a Shopping List
Delivery made simple and shopping lists pre-made for your smartphone or printing.
Measure and prep all ingredients.
In a bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla until smooth.
Add the peanut butter and whisk until smooth.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Use a medium cookie scoop, with a capacity of about 1½ tablespoons, to scoop out dough onto the parchment paper.
Sprinkle the cookies with flaky sea salt. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and set.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Read Also: Klondike Heath Gluten Free
Whats The Best Peanut Butter To Use For These Cookies
I only like to bake with smooth, no-stir peanut butter thats blended well. The kind that has a layer of oil on top when you open the jar doesnt combine well with the other ingredients to make a fully integrated, smooth cookie dough.
Skippy brand is my favorite. Theres a full discussion of gluten free peanut butter in our recipe for gluten free peanut butter crosshatch cookies.
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
- Cookie Scoop. A 1 ½ tablespoon capacity cookie scoop helps to perfectly portion these cookies.
- Silicone Baking Liner. I use these everyday and theyre great for clean-up!
- Baking Sheet. A good quality baking sheet is always good to have on hand.
Hungry for more? Follow me on , , , and for all of the latest updates.
Also Check: Gluten Free Bisquick Peach Cobbler
A Note About The Peanut Butter & Cookie Dough Consistency
In this recipe, Im using a natural , unsweetened, smooth peanut butter. In general, I dont like using processed peanut butter in my baking. When using natural, unsweetened peanut butter, you have far more control over the sweetness of the final cookies plus, good quality natural peanut butter carries far more flavour and will therefore result in much more delicious cookies.
However, peanut butter can vary widely in consistency . In this recipe, I used the Whole Earth smooth peanut butter that isnt too runny. Other peanut butter brands might be much runnier, others might be thicker and drier.
This introduces a degree of unpredictability into the recipe. So, you might need to adjust the amount of flour OR add a bit of milk to account for that:
- If your peanut butter is on the runnier side, your cookie dough might be too soft and sticky. It will be difficult to form into balls and it might spread out too much in the oven. In that case, add more gluten free flour blend until the dough is easy to handle.
- If your peanut butter is very thick and drier, your cookie dough might end up too dry and crumbly. When you try to form balls, it might not stick together very well. In that case, add a small amount of milk until the dough feels more manageable.
Want More Cookie Recipes Like This One
Check out my cookbook, Gluten-Free Cookies All Year Round, for more than 60 gluten-free & allergy friendly cookie recipes for every occasion.
Preheat oven to 350Â°f. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
Add the egg and mix until combined.
Mix in the vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum.
Add the gluten-free flour and mix until you have a smooth dough.
Scoop the cookie dough using a 1 Â½ tablespoon balls and place in a small bowl of sugar. Roll to coat into the sugar, and then place 3-4 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
Gently press each cookie dough ball down using a fork to create the classic cross-hatch pattern.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will spread and lose their doughy shine on top and be golden on the bottom, but will still be soft. They will set as they cool. Allow to cool on the baking sheet until set before moving to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving
All nutrition info is a guestimate and will vary depending on the ingredients you use.
Don’t Miss: Jason’s Deli Gluten Free
How To Make Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
To make gluten free peanut butter cookies you’ll need:
- Softened Butter .
- Creamy peanut butter .
- Packed brown sugar .
- White brown sugar . And yes, you need both white and brown sugar together.
- An egg, or egg substitute. My go-to egg-substitute to make vegan peanut butter cookies is Bob’s Red Mill’s Egg Replacer, it worked great in this recipe).
- Vanilla extract .
- Baking soda helps the cookies to spread just a little bit. Be careful not to add too much, your cookies will spread too much and lose their shape.
- Salt. Just a touch, but you may not need it if your peanut butter is salted.
- Xanthan Gum is necessary to give your peanut butter cookies some structure and keeps it from crumbling too much. You can omit the xanthan gum if you are using a gluten free flour that already has xanthan or guar gum in it, or if you are using a a flour like Ryze that doesn’t need gum. To avoid xanthan gum, you can use Pamela’s Not Xanthan Guar Gum, it is made with starches and psyllium hunk instead.
- Gluten free flour, I use my gluten free flour blend recipe which has rice flour, tapioca starch, and potato starch. You can use another gluten free flour, but you may need to use a little bit less
Peanut Butter A Super Useful Pantry Staple
If youre a peanut butter lover, then you probably already know how handy it is to have a jar of peanut butter in your pantry at all times. While you can easily buy a jar from the store, making your own peanut butter is very easy and you can have it ready in just 10 minutes!
Its such a useful ingredient to have on hand, and the amazing things you can make with it are endless: from peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a quick breakfast, to peanut sesame zucchini noodles for lunch, to peanut butter fudge, peanut butter buckeye balls or homemade peanut butter cups for dessert, and of course, these peanut butter cookies for an anytime snack.
Don’t Miss: Jason’s Deli Chocolate Mousse Recipe
How To Make A Peanut Butter Drizzle Or Glaze:
Its. So. Easy.
All you have to do to get a gorgeous peanut butter drizzle is add a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter to a bowl and melt it for 10-30 seconds in the microwave until thin and smooth. Then, drizzle the melted peanut butter using a spoon overtop of your baked cookies. You could also dip the top of the cookie into the peanut butter to get an iced or glazed look.
Now, this is a little bit messy. In order for your peanut butter to stabilize, you will want to stick your cookies in a single layer on a tray in the refrigerator until the peanut butter has hardened. From there, you should be able to store it at room temperature unless you have a particularly hot or humid house.
Tip: Do not use completely natural peanut butter as a drizzle or glaze because the extra oils will cause the peanut butter to not harden or set up properly.
Tips To Making These Perfect Gluten
- Cool it down. Make sure that you allow these cookies to fully cool on the baking sheet before removing. If you try to remove them before cooling they will fall apart on you. Just be patient.
- Gently pat down the peanut butter dough down with your fingers before pressing into it for the criss-cross pattern. Itll help with getting symmetrical cookies with perfect edges. See our video above for the example.
- Have a small glass of cold water. When you are creating the iconic criss-cross pattern dip your fork in the cold water before pressing into the peanut butter cookies. Itll help the fork from getting stuck in the dough.
- Parchment Paper will be your best friend. You are more than welcome to baking on a well greased baking sheet. However, parchment paper Ive found really helps with clean-up and makes removing the delicate cookies from the pan without breaking.
No worries gluten intolerant friends we have a solution! Almond flour.
Well, its the same answer on why I dont make cookies very often. I eat them all.
Thats my life folks. I wake up at 6 or 7am on a Sunday morning and I bake cookies. What is wrong with me? Meh, a lot. My weird obsessive baking mornings come to your advantage.
While you sleep in on the weekend Im perfecting a peanut butter cookie recipe for you to make! At normal hours that is.
Rs favorite: Cookie Dough, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Roll.
Now go make these cookies. Stat!
Recommended Reading: Where To Buy Schar Gluten Free Puff Pastry
Is Peanut Butter Gluten Free
Yes, in its purest form, peanut butter is made of peanuts and salt and is naturally gluten free. If you place peanuts in a high-speed blender, youll have peanut butter when youre done.
The main ingredients in natural peanut butter, peanuts and salt, are gluten free. Most potential additives, like sugars and oil, are also naturally gluten free.
But commercially prepared peanut butter can be unsafe on a gluten free diet if its become contaminated at any point during the manufacturing process. So be sure to read product labelsand know your brands.
Some brands, like Jif, will label its peanut butter gluten free if it fits the U.S. definition of gluten free. But it may have been prepared on manufacturing equipment it shares with gluten-containing products.
Most types of Skippy peanut butter are gluten free, except for those that contain mix-ins.
The safest peanut butter brands only make gluten free varieties, like Peanut Butter & Co, but they tend to be very expensive.
More Amazing Gluten Free Cookie Recipes
As were nearing Christmas and were therefore officially in the cookie baking season, here are a few other gluten free cookie favourites:
And there you have it, friends. Everything you need to know in order to make the most amazing gluten free peanut butter blossom cookies so you wont have to miss out on this holiday classic even if you cant eat gluten.
These are definitely one of the easiest cookies you could possibly make and they always look incredibly pretty and taste AMAZING. If you want to play around with colours and decorations, you could roll them in sprinkles or coloured sanding sugar before baking for a fun, colourful, extra-festive twist. Or you could use different flavours of Hersheys Kisses chocolate candy instead. The options are endless, so just have fun with it.
If you like what youre seeing, subscribe to my newsletter to keep up to date on the latest recipes and tips!
Also Check: Cauliflower Crust Publix
How To Make Blossom Cookies
The process to make this peanut butter blossom cookie recipe is super easy as long as you follow the directions!
Baking Tip: To create evenly-sized cookies, use a cookie scoop to pull the dough, and create an indent with the backside of a teaspoon!
Note: Dont worry if your cookies crack while adding the chocolate kisses, theyre supposed to!
I Can’t Believe It’s Gluten
Jessie and Jilly Lagasse loved these gluten-free cookies growing up and now they have their own gluten-free cookbooks.
- Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Read Also: Bread Crumbs Substitute
How To Make These Cookies Dairy Free
If youre looking for a dairy-free version of this cookie, all you need to do is make a simple swap. Instead of using butter, you can use the dairy-free vegan butter found in the butter section of the grocery store.
Just a heads up: while the cookies are still delicious, the texture is not as perfect as the gluten-free peanut butter cookies with dairy version.