Four Ingredient Coconut Macaroons By Beaming Baker
Why we love them: Is there anything sweeter than the simplicity of a coconut macaroon? With just four ingredients, these come together in a flash and taste just like the real thing.
Hero ingredients: This recipe calls for small coconut shreds in order to get the tall, spherical shape that makes macaroons so crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Just mix up the ingredients in a food processor and use an ice cream scoop to arrange dallops of batter on a sheet pan, bake and boom: youve got dessert in under 30 minutes!
Baking With Cassava Flour
Cassava flour is a great healthy baking flour. For those who eat Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free or Nut Free, this flour is a luxury! It has a similar taste, texture and density to white flour. Check out my Cassava Flour: Everything You Need to Know guide for more tips and tricks.
In this nut free chocolate chip cookie recipe, cassava flour is the only flour used. Many recipes use cassava flour and coconut flour together, but these cookies require just cassava. I highly recommend using Ottos Cassava Flour.
Coating With Sugar And Cinnamon:
Usually, for cookies like snickerdoodle, we coat the scooped out cookie dough in the sugar-cinnamon mix and then place them on the baking tray. But for this vegan cookie, I covered the baked cookie with the sugar-cinnamon mix. My son loves to sprinkle some colored sugar on his cookie, so instead of plain sugar, I mixed it with cinnamon. This part is entirely optional.
Don’t Miss: Gluten Free Dairy Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Wheat Flour Replacer For Allergy
Many people need wheat-free or gluten-free baking recipes. I use coconut flour in this recipe to replace traditional wheat flour. Coconut flour is wheat and gluten-free. I do have a couple of pointers on coconut flour. It can be quite strongly flavoured, especially if it is old. Buy it in small amounts so that you use it up while still nice and fresh.
This recipe does not need that much flour, so you can substitute other flours if you prefer, rice flour, oat flour, almond flour or traditional wheat flour will all work.
How To Make Delicious Gluten
Brown butter: Gives these cookies a delectable nutty flavor
A tablespoon of milk: Prevents grittiness and helps the cookies get golden
¼ cup almond flour: For a chewy texture and yummy flavor
30 minute rest: Gives the flour time to hydrate and prevents grittiness
A sprinkle of sea salt: Optional, but delicious for gourmet bakery-style cookies!
Sometimes in life you just need a plate of warm, delicious cookies. Whether its for a Sunday night treat or a special after-school snack theres nothing better! I hope you love this recipe as much as my family and I do!
Hungry for more? Follow me on , , , and for all of the latest updates.
Read Also: Gluten Free Beer Whole Foods
Add A Tablespoon Of Milk
The next trick for this gluten-free cookie recipe is to add a tablespoon of milk. This helps to compensate for the liquid that evaporates from the butter during the browning process. It also helps the cookies get a golden color and prevents grittiness.
Gluten-free flour needs a little extra liquid for best results so you dont have chalky cookies.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies Allergy
- To make these chocolate chip cookies gluten-free: I used my favorite gluten-free blend .
- If you are OK eating gluten/wheat, then you can sub out regular flour 1:1 and simply omit the xanthan.
Also Check: Gluten Free Places To Eat
Whats In A Monster Cookie
Monster cookies are gluten-free making them a great option for those with gluten sensitivities. They are made with old-fashioned oats , peanut-free peanut butter, chocolate chips as well as M& Ms.
These cookies are incredibly easy to make and once they bake they turn into large size-of-your-hand cookies.
A Cookie Everyone Can Eatand Will Love
I love these cookies for a few reasons:
First, they straddle the line between super chewy and crispy, which I feel is always something to celebrate in a chocolate chip cookie. While theres a time and a place for soft, pillowy cookies, I dont think that place is this type of cookie.
Second, I use coconut oil, which adds a subtle sweetness that pairs nicely with the caramelly brown sugar and the dark chocolate chips.
- Note that the FDA does list coconut as a tree nut, though many people with tree nut allergies are fine with coconut. If you’re not sure if the person or people eating your cookies has a tree nut allergy that includes coconut, check with them before making this recipe, or substitute another fat in place of the coconut oil .
Third, theyre made with homemade sunflower seed butter, although you could use any seed or nut butter youd like. Here’s my favorite recipe for homemade sunflower butter!
Last but not least, these cookies are even better the second day!
Also Check: Gluten Free Diet For Ibs
Making The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
To make the gluten free cookie dough:
The Perfect Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie By Vibrant & Pure
Why we love them: If theres a cookie that never disappoints, it the classic chocolate chip cookie. Chocolate chip cookies are iconic, and I honestly dont know a single person who would turn one down. However, when it comes to gluten-free, dairy-free baking, these cookies are the most difficult to nail. This recipe from Vibrant & Pure is the best Ive tried, and tastes closest to the real thing.
Hero ingredient: Instead of using a chia or flax egg, this recipe calls for 1/3 cup of cold vegan butter. Im a firm believer that this is the distinguishing ingredient in this recipe, and what makes these cookies have that moist, buttery flavor thats just to die for.
You May Like: Corn Gluten Meal For Lawns
Gluten Free Nilla Wafers
Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding is heaven in a bowl. Its creamy, luscious, sweet, and impossible to resist.
Its also effortless to make at home, with two of the main ingredients being Nilla Wafers and box vanilla instant pudding mix.
If you love the idea of creamy banana pudding but cant eat gluten, these gluten-free Nilla Wafers are for you.
Samoas have three critical components: a buttery shortbread base, a chewy caramel and coconut topping, and a dark chocolate coating.
The last two are already gluten-free, so its just the cookie you need to worry about.
Luckily, with almond flour and arrowroot powder, you can easily make a light and tinder base.
I know the donut shape is standard, but I usually just keep these as discs. Youll get more that way, and theyre not as fussy to make.
Also known as Mexican wedding cookies, these little shortbread bites are already loaded with chopped nuts, so adding them here to keep the dough moist wont change the flavor at all.
The recipe calls for gluten-free flour with rice flour plus xantham gum.
Since youll add chopped nuts, you dont need to worry as much about grainy mouthfeel.
Since there are no eggs in the dough, you can easily make this vegan with dairy-free butter.
Looking For An Allergy
Birthdays and holidays in the daycare classroom involve some culinary creativity. Most schools are nut-free these days, and a lot of our sons friends also have egg allergies or gluten sensitivities.
So recently I decided to develop a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that everyone could eat.
My secret ingredient? Sunflower butter! It imparts a nutty flavor similar to peanut butter, but is much more allergy-friendly.
Also Check: Mission Gluten Free Soft Taco Tortillas
Heres Everything I Love About These Gluten
The texture here is everything youd want in a cookie. Crisp, golden edges with a deliciously soft center. Theyre chewy but still have a bite to it. It is perfection.
Making it gluten-free is not hard at all
Sometimes we get overwhelmed when we think about creating gluten-free recipes. With these oatmeal raisin cookies, you just need to swap out your grains with easy-to-find substitutes. Gluten-free oats for regular oats. Gluten-free flour for all-purpose flour. And add some almond flour for the perfect texture.
How To Yield Perfectly Chewy Cookies
Since these are gluten free cookies, you have to treat them a bit differently than regular cookies. Here are some tips to make these cassava flour chocolate chip cookies THE BEST EVER:
- If you are using coconut oil instead of ghee, make sure its soft instead of melted. If its hard, you can microwave it for 15 seconds at a time, and if its melted, you can leave it in the fridge it gets to the right consistency.
- DO NOT pick up the cookies once its out of the oven. They will be quite fragile and fall apart if you try to pick them up. Wait about 30 minutes for them to fully cool down before handling them. I know, itll be incredibly hard but its 100% worth it!
- For even chewier and sturdier texture, keep the cookies in an airtight contain in the refrigerator. I think they taste better when they are cold!
Hope you love these cookies, because my husband and I cant get enough. We just made these a few days ago and they are already half gone! So dangerous, but so worth it.
Read Also: Gluten Free Dairy Free Pancake Mix
Can I Freeze The Cookie Dough
Yes, freezing cookie dough is so easy! The best way to freeze this cookie dough is to freeze portions out of the dough on a baking sheet just like you are making cookies. Then place them in the freezer to flash freeze them for 10 minutes.
Once the cookies are flash-frozen , place the cookie dough balls into a freezer bag. Frozen raw cookie dough can actually last 3 months in the freezer.
You do not need to thaw the cookie dough before you bake them. You may need to bake the cookies for an extra minute or two, so please watch your cookies.
Notes On Ingredients For These Gluten
- Gluten-free flour: Use a high quality gluten-free flour blend that doesnt include bean flours. If your flour blend has xanthan or guar gum already in it, omit the xanthan called for in the recipe. I usually use gfJules, or King Arthur Measure for Measure blend.
- Butter alternative: Use your favorite non-dairy butter alternative that works with your specific allergens. I prefer the stick-based butter alternatives like Melt or Earth Balance, or using coconut oil.
- Eggs: I have not tried this with an egg-free alternative. Please feel free to try with your usual baking substitution for eggs and then please do let me know what you used and how it worked!
- Trail mix: I used Mountain Mambo mix but you could also use Beach Bash. You can buy these directly from Enjoy Life or from or use the store locator to find which local stores carry it. Both are free-from gluten and 14 common allergens: wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, casein, soy, egg, sesame, sulfites, lupin, mustard, fish, shellfish, and crustaceans.
- Chocolate Chips: I used Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips and they worked perfectly. I can find these at most of my local grocery stores. Use the store locator to see which of your stores carry them. If you love dark chocolate, I really think the dark chocolate morsels would be good in these as well you can order them directly or from .
Recommended Reading: Where Can I Buy A Gluten Free Cake
Why Youll Love These Cookies
- These cookies truly taste like the traditional cookies!
- This recipe is made with only 7 ingredients.
- They have golden crispy edges and the perfect texture.
- They are super easy to make.
- These will remind you of your favorite bakery style cookies!
- These cookies are brimming with dark chocolate chips.
- They are made without white flour, without almond flour, without brown sugar and without white sugar.
- These cookies are Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, and Nut Free.
Why Did I Use Instant Pudding In The Recipe
I have noticed that gluten-free flour doesnt have the same taste as regular wheat flour. Perhaps its because I grew up eating wheat flour, but I find gluten-free flour to be lacking in taste. The vanilla instant pudding adds needed starch AND flavoring. Thus helping the texture and flavor. Ive used both Jell-O and generic brands with no problems. This will STILL keep the recipe vegan. Ive had many people think because Jell-O gelatin cups have gelatin that the pudding does as well. It does not.
Also Check: Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Bagels
How To Make Softer And Thicker Chocolate Chip Cookies
Its been almost 2 years since we originally posted this recipe, and in the spirit of creating the perfect allergy friendly cookie and always making improvements, we continued to experiment with different flour combinations for softer and thicker chocolate chip cookies.
We combined 2 different flours that created an even softer and thicker cookie and debuted this change with our Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies!
If you like crispier and chewier cookies, you can stick with the recipe as written, but if you want a thicker cookie , then try this:
- Swap the 1-1/2 cups gluten free all purpose baking mix for 1 cup of gluten free all purpose baking mix + 3/4 cup fine sorghum flour . Bake for 12 minutes.
Everything else stays the same in the recipe! Ill add this into the recipe card notes so if you print off the recipe, it will be there, too
Check out our other gluten free dairy free cookie recipes:
Expert Tips & Substitutions
- Ghee or butter can be used for these cassava flour chocolate chip cookies.
- Use ½ cup white sugar and ½ cup brown sugar in place of the 1 cup coconut sugar if desired.
- I do not recommend substituting for the egg.
- After mixing dough and adding chocolate chips, refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. This is mandatory for helping the dough bind together.
- Use cookie scoop or spoon to form balls of dough. For best results, make cookies the same size.
- When pressing down with fingers, repair any broken edges of cookies before baking.
- Remove from oven as soon as the cookies begin to brown. They will seem a little gooey and under baked, but they will firm up.
- Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before removing and serving.
- Use your favorite chocolate chips. I love Enjoy Life Foods dark chocolate chips which are gluten free and dairy free.
- Store cookies covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Cookies can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Read Also: Are Veggie Straws Gluten Free
Tips For Making The Best Gluten
- Dont skip the step to soften the butter. Take the butter out of the refrigerator and allow it to soften on the counter for 15-30 minutes. If you are using dairy-free or vegan butter you should not need to soften it.
- I always use a greased cookie scoop. I use a 1 Â½ tablespoon cookie scoop.
- I also like to use Reynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets. It has a smart grid that makes it super easy to line up your cookies on your baking sheet. I buy it at Walmart.
- If you want your chocolate chip cookies to be gooey, the trick is to not over-bake them .
- If you want your cookies to be more fluffy, chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
How To Make Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
I adapted this recipe from a chocolate chip cookie recipe on AllRecipes and made our recipe gluten free, egg free, dairy free, and soy free.
Our delicious gluten free vegan chocolate chip cookies are made with a gluten free all purpose flour blend and unbleached cane sugar for results closest to the real thing.
If youd like a whole grain cookie with natural sweetener, check out our Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies that are made with brown rice flour and honey instead of cane sugar.
Here are the steps for creating these amazing gluten free chocolate chip cookies :
You May Like: Krusteaz Gluten Free All Purpose Flour