Heres What Youll Need
Ingredients: gluten-free graham crackers, brown sugar, melted butter, ground cinnamon, salt, pure pumpkin puree, heavy cream, eggs, cornstarch, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, cloves, vanilla extract
A Dash of Megnut is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Pumpkin puree You want to use pure pumpkin puree for this recipe NOT pumpkin pie filling which already has sugar and spices in it
- Gluten-free graham Crackers You can use store bought or homemade gluten-free graham crackers in this recipe to make the gluten-free graham cracker pie crust. I used Kinnikinnick Gluten Free Smoreables Graham Crackers in this recipe.
- Spices If youd like, you can use pumpkin pie spice in the filling instead of the individual spices I have used in the recipe. Use 2 + 1/4 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice in this recipe.
- Handheld mixer or stand mixer
- 9-inch pie dish
Are Schar Honeygrams Vegan
Schars Gluten-Free Honeygrams are not vegan, as they contain honey. If youre looking for a vegan and gluten-free graham cracker, check out the gluten-free flavors of Annies Bunny Grahams.
Here are the full ingredients for the Schars product:
Schar Gluten-Free Honeygrams Ingredients:Corn Starch, Brown Sugar, Corn Flour, Palm Fat, Soy Flour, Soy Bran, Honey, Modified Tapioca Starch, Ammonium Bicarbonate, Baking Soda, Salt, Caramelized Sugar.
Your Web Browser Is Not Accepting Cookies
Please enable cookies in your browser or switch to a newer web browser. You may also browse the Walmart Canada flyer without cookies.
Also Check: Is Kraft Ranch Dressing Gluten Free
What Gives Graham Crackers Their Flavor
Typically, store-bought graham crackers and other homemade graham cracker recipes contain molasses, a super thick and syrupy by-product from sugarcane processing, which is the ingredient that gives graham crackers their earthy, somewhat smoky flavor.
Oftentimes, graham cracker recipes also call for graham flour, a course whole wheat flour that gives graham crackers their recognizable bran-like texture and crispy crunch.
In this gluten free graham cracker recipe, the sorghum flour does double duty, adding both texture and flavor. Sorghum juice is a substance that is similar to molasses in flavor and consistency, so its the perfect ingredient for these homemade graham crackers.
Simple Mills Farmhouse Cheddar Cracker
Grain-free and made with minimal ingredients, these crackers have a wonderful crispy texture and subtle nutty flavor that pairs well with the delicious cheddar cheese flavor.
One of our favorite things about these crackers is how the company takes the time and space on the packaging to not only clearly list, but also showing the main ingredients.
Not only are Simple Mills Gluten-free crackers yummy, they are also made healthy and low in calories, so you can eat them without feeling guilty. This great product can be found at Whole Foods, as well as selecting Target and Safeway locations.
Also Check: Is Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
Don’t Miss: Better Than Bouillon Publix
Just Tell Me What To Eat
The Delicious 6-Week Weight Loss Plan for the Real World
Timothy S. Harlan, MD, FACP has counseled thousands of his patients on healthy, sustainable weight loss. Now hes compiled his best tips and recipes into a six-week plan for you to learn how to eat great food that just happens to be great for you.
Get the prescription for better health as well as healthy weight loss, including:
What to eat
Can You Use A Different Sweetener
Sorry, I dont recommend swapping out the sweetener here. You need Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend to get that classic brown sugar flavor, and since its moist like brown sugar, it impacts the recipe moisture level as well. I have tried other brands of keto brown sweetener, and find that they either dont have the right moisture or the right sweetness, or they crystallize.
You can get Besti Brown Sweetener here, or if its not available for shipping to your location, when it is.
Dont Miss: Wholly Gluten Free Pizza Crust
Don’t Miss: Alternative To Breadcrumbs
How To Use Low Carb Graham Crackers
Besides the obvious of just snacking on these keto-friendly graham crackers, Ive got a few other ideas for you:
- Smores Is there anything that goes together more perfectly than a fluffy sugar-free marshmallow, a crunchy cinnamon graham cracker, and dark chocolate?
- Pie Crust If youre looking to use the graham crackers in a pie crust, try gluten-free pumpkin pie cheesecake. Its easy to make it low carb by using these sugar-free graham crackers and swapping the sugar with a keto sweetener.
- Graham crackers crumbs Crumble the crackers and use the crumbs for topping your favorite keto desserts. I particularly love it over keto ice cream.
- Dunk them in milk While regular milk is not keto, they are perfect with almond milk.
Kinnikinnick Smoreables Graham Style Crackers
Another vegan-friendly and gluten-free option are Kinnikinnick’s S’moreables graham crackers. The crackers are dairy-free, but they may get in contact with eggs due to cross-contamination. However, as the brand is PETA-approved , I wouldnt worry too much about this.
Pea Starch, Non-Hydrogenated Palm Oil Shortening , Brown Rice Flour, Potato Starch*, Brown Sugar*, Sweet Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Water, Cane Sugar, Rice Bran, Molasses*, Tapioca Syrup, Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate, Pea Protein, Natural Flavour, Pea Fibre, Sunflower Lecithin, Inulin, Mono Calcium Phosphate, Cellulose, Guar Gum.
*Not a product of genetic engineering
Don’t Miss: Bob Mills Gluten Free Pizza Crust
How Do You Make Gluten
Are Annies Graham Crackers Gluten Free
When I searched for gluten free graham crackers, I was surprised to find Annies as a top result.
Most of Annies graham crackers and cookies are made with organic ingredients, but they still are made with wheat flourwhich contains gluten.
The one exception we found is Annies Gluten Free Snickerdoodle BunnyCookies. or add the to your Vitacost cart.
See how those yellow and green banners on the top of the boxes are different?
- The top box reads ORGANIC but the ingredients still include WHEAT.
- The bottom box reads GLUTEN FREE and the ingredients do NOT include wheat. The only top 8 allergen listed is soy, along with shared equipment with eggs and milk.
Thats why its always important to read the ingredients, not just trust a marketing banner or Google result when youre looking for safe food for someone with a food allergy.
Read Also: Is Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing Gluten Free
Also Check: Potato Buns Gluten Free
What To Make With Puff Pastry
Puff pastry is a versatile dough that lends itself to making a variety of savory and sweet recipes. I admit, since Ive been on the gluten-free diet for so long, I dont know much about cooking or baking with puff pastry. Its been a steep learning curve for me.
Regardless if you buy the dough or make it yourself , the dough is typically flakey, buttery, and savory. Most puff pastry doughs do not contain sugar, so they can be used for a variety of sweet and savory recipes.
Savory recipes made with gluten-free puff pastry might include:
There are so many options, and you can have fun playing with the dough and creating fun recipes with it.
Read Also: Pie Nation Pizza
Do Graham Crackers Contain Dairy
Most graham crackers do not contain dairy, milk, or lactose. Out of 57 graham cracker products checked, only 6 products contained dairy ingredients. Furthermore, none of those 6 products were your typical style of graham crackers.
Here are the six products that contained dairy, from the ones I checked:
- Annies Neapolitan Bunny Grahams *
- Pamelas Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Grahams
- Trader Joes Dark Choc. Covered Honey Grahams w/ Sea Salt
So youve got two of the fudge-covered grahams, one brand of gluten-free grahams, and then a random flavor of Annies Bunny Grahams with dairy. All the other graham crackers I checked were dairy-free.
Note = Annies Neapolitan Bunny Grahams do not contain an allergy warning for milk. However, they contain Natural Butter Flavor. I suspect this ingredient is derived from dairybut admittedly, Im not sure.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Mixed Drinks
What Brands Of Graham Crackers Are Gluten
There are a few different brands of gluten-free graham crackers. In fact, Ive written up an entire blog post on this topic alone!
Here are a few that you can be on the lookout for next time youre shopping for gluten-free graham crackers:
Get the full list, find out where to buy them, and which options are also dairy-free by clicking here: Gluten-free Graham Crackers
If you love graham crackers, I hope this post has been helpful for you to determine if your favorite snack crackers are safe for your gluten-free diet. Many popular brands of graham crackers are not gluten-free, but there are a handful that you can find in stores and online.
As with any food, do your due diligence in reviewing ingredients lists before purchasing any product that you think may contain gluten. That extra minute in the grocery store aisle can save you a whole lot of stomach issues later on.
If you loved this post, I hope that youll share it with your friends on and pin it for future reference on .
Where To Buy Gluten
Many people buy premade pie crusts to save time in the kitchen, but many of these products contain flour. If you suffer from celiac disease or are gluten intolerant, there are many gluten-free pie crust brands you can find at your local grocery store!
Although it will vary by location, you dont have to go to a specialty grocery store to find a gf pie crust. Many of these brands can be found at popular stores like Walmart, Target, Kroger, and Albertsons. But of course, you might find some specialty brands at health foods stores like Whole Foods and Sprouts.
This list only contains premade gluten-free pie crust brands. You wont find any pie crust mix that you have to make yourself. In the description, Ill let you know which brands are frozen and which dont require refrigeration. Because most will have to be refrigerated or frozen, many cannot be purchased online. But if you can have a brand shipped, Ill link to an online retailer!
To find the best ready-made gluten-free pie crust for you, read through the descriptions for each product. Here youll find out what pie crust varieties the brand makes, including traditional, graham cracker crust, chocolate crust, and more. Youll also see if the product has any other certifications, such as being vegan, dairy-free, Kosher, organic, and more!
Ingredients can change at any time, so be sure to always read the most recent allergen warnings and product certifications before you buy!
You May Like: Brad’s Kale Chips Costco
Whats The Best Way To Snack Gluten Free
Are snacks ever off-limits? They shouldnt be, but if youre looking to snack while on a gluten free diet, youll have to put a little extra thought into it.
- Plan ahead. Have a variety of gluten free snack options in your cupboards. That way, when a snack craving hits, you wont have to stop to check ingredients or worse, be tempted to take the chance on ingredients youre unsure of.
- Check out other options. We know youll have your favorite go-to snacks that are always certain to satisfy your munchies. By checking out reviews like this one, however, you can get introduced to some other great choices to add to your arsenal of tasty and healthy gluten free snacks.
- On your way to a gathering of family and friends? Take along your own gluten free snack options to add to whatever food is being shared. Hey, gluten free diet or not, your selection may turn out to be someone elses new favorite snack!
Two More Recommendations For Your Vegan Journey
1. This is the best vegan multivitamin Ive found in 13 years of being vegan. It has vitamin B12, vitamin D, omega-3and nothing else. Translation: It only has the nutrients vegans are actually low in. Read my full review of Future Kinds multivitamin here .
2. This is the best vegan starter kit I know of. Its a bundle of 9 beautiful e-books that help you transition to a healthy plant-based dietthe right way. The advice is spot-on, and it has print-outs and checklists that make it easy to implement. Read my full review of Nutriciously here.
I bet youâre making at least one of these 8 vegan nutrition mistakesâ¦
Download my FREE 1-page cheat sheet with 8 commonvegan nutrition mistakes!
THRIVE on a plant-based diet with my ongoing email guidance!
Recommended Reading: Are Motts Gummies Gluten Free
You May Like: Is Keto A Gluten Free Diet
Pro Tips And Recipe Notes
- I used Granny Smith apples in this recipe. Theyre tart and tangy. Generally, we want firm apples. Honeycrisp and Braeburn are sweeter yet firm. But, I have even used Delicious apples with this recipe.
- If your frozen pie shell is broken, thaw the shell. Then dampen the crack with water, and use your finger to seal the crack together by lightly pinching and pressing the dough.
- I served this pie with homemade whipped cream. You might even like to top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream dusted with cinnamon. Or just have it plain. Its up to you.
I hope you love this delicious classic apple pie. Have a happy, healthy week.