Tips For Choosing Tasty Vegan Toppings At Ben And Jerrys
While there is not definitive list on what toppings each Scoop Shop offers and whether or not they are vegan, here are a few tips on how to choose plant-based toppings.
- Quiz The Cashier Simply ask which toppings are vegan-friendly for the day. The topping offering might actually change from day to day, so it always makes sense to ask.
- Fresh Fruit First It should be pretty easy to choose fruit to add to your dairy-free ice cream. They usually offer at least a few fruits to choose from such as berries or even dried fruit like bananas, pineapples, or apple bits.
- Consult Our Candy Guide If there are candy bits in the bunch, check out our vegan candy guide to see if that particular favorite is one of the safe suggestions.
- Go Nuts Over Nuts As long as the nuts are not roasted with honey , you should be safe. Again, it makes sense to double check with the server. But, nuts are a good choice.
- Be Careful Of Cookies Not all cookies and snack-like toppings will be vegan. Marshmallows are usually not vegan and many cookies contain eggs and dairy. Do yourself a favor and ask first.
Historic Vegan Moments In Ben & Jerrys History
- 2016 Ben & Jerrys starts offering dairy-free ice cream options using an almond milk base.
- 2018 Select Ben & Jerrys Scoop Shops in the United States began offering non-dairy and vegan ice cream cakes upon request.
- 2021 Ben & Jerrys released the popular Phish Food flavor as a dairy-free ice cream with little vegan chocolate fish inside and fans went wild!
- 2022 Ben and Jerrys added two new dairy-free ice cream flavors to the menu, Boom Chocolatta and Bananas Foster
Fascinating Facts About Ben & Jerrys
- Free Cone Day Since 1979, Ben & Jerrys has been giving out free ice cream cones to thank their friends around the world. This usually happens around April, at the beginning of Spring. Keep your eyes out for the next Free Cone Done, hopefully happening next year.
- World Vegan Day Happy Hour Celebration On November 1st, World Vegan Day, Ben & Jerrys celebrates with happy hours at participating Scoop Shops. From 4pm to 8pm, customers can visit and receive a FREE scoop of non-dairy ice cream. Best of all, theres no catch!
- Ben and Jerry were childhood friends in Long Island and met while walking around their 7th grade gym track in 1963.
- When they first started their business, they sold not only ice cream, but crepes, pottery, and soup!
- They once sailed a Cherry Garcia air balloon, which was 10 stories high and about the size of 11.7 million scoops of ice cream!
- Each employee gets 3 pints of ice cream per day whoa!
- The flavor, Dastardly Mash, was the one flavor that ever contained raisins.
- The very first flavor was Vanilla. Not surprising.
Don’t Miss: Does Captain Morgan Have Gluten
Ben & Jerrys Gets Certified Gluten
Ben & Jerrys pints will soon be sporting a new logo that shares some equally good news.
The ice cream brand announced that its sweet treats have received a blue checkmark from the Gluten Free Certification Agency.
We didnt make any changes to the recipes theyre the same scoops of wonderful that theyve always been, Jody Eley, Ben & Jerrys innovation manager said. These flavors have always been gluten-free, but now we have the resources to do the rigorous testing required for certification.
Cherry Garcia, as well as its non-dairy, froyo and mini-cup versions, are the first to be sporting this brand-new logo.
Seven other varieties also will be added to the list including phish food chunky monkey vanilla caramel fudge karamel sutra New York super fudge chunk coffee, coffee buzzbuzzbuzz! vanilla and pistachio, pistachio.
Were glad we can now offer some flavor joy to even more people, including those who have to be very careful with their diet, said Eley. This certification can give them a little peace of mind.
In 2021, there will be an even wider assortment of gluten-free flavors available exclusively at its Scoop Shops that will be certified as manufactured, the company said.
Ben & Jerrys pints will begin rolling out with the gluten-free logo over the next few months at retailers nationwide.
Look For Certified Logos On Ben & Jerrys Gluten
In October 2020, Ben & Jerrys announced that they updated their testing protocols to ensure that they meet the Gluten-Free Certification Organizations standards. In the past, consumers had to look at labels to see if the products had gluten-containing foods, but that still left some people with concerns over whether the manufacturing facility was safe from cross-contamination. Now, any new gluten-free ice cream flavors that meet GF certification standards will carry the GFCO logo, which gives gluten-free consumers confidence in knowing that they can trust the brand to keep them safe.
Recommended Reading: Gluten Free Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
How To Make Gluten Free Cookie Dough
The first part of this recipe involves making your very own gluten free cookie dough.
There are two things that make this cookie dough safe to eat raw the fact it has no egg in, and heat-treating the flour.
Flour has a risk of containing bacteria which is why its always cooked with.
You can go ahead and make this without cooking the flour but to be on the safe side you can heat treat it.
This is explained in the notes of the recipe card below and simply involves baking the flour at 160C / Gas Mark 3 for five minutes.
You can also microwave the gluten free flour for 15 second intervals for a total of 90 seconds.
This just helps to ensure the flour is safe to consume raw and only adds a few minutes onto your recipe.
Once youve heat treated the flour you can mix everything up to create a gluten free cookie dough which you can just sit and scoff!
Made With Almond Milk
Why Almond Milk? After experimenting with all sorts of different formulas, our Flavor Gurus decided that almond milk provided the best blank canvas for the delicious brownies, caramel, nuts, and chocolate we sourced. And its so rich & creamy that while digging into a pint, you will constantly have to remind yourself that its non-dairy.
You May Like: Jersey Mike’s Wheat Bread
Cold Brew Coffee Fudge Chip
For an afternoon perk-me-up, Ben & Jerrys is offering this cold brew non-dairy frozen dessert with fudge flakes and a fudge swirl at their Scoop Shops.
Ingredients: sunflower milk , liquid sugar , coconut oil, corn syrup, sugar, dried cane syrup, cocoa, cocoa , pea protein, chocolate liquor, coffee extract, sunflower lecithin, vanilla extract, caramelized sugar syrup, soy lecithin, pectin, guar gum, sea salt, locust bean gum. Contains: soy.*
Nutrition : 220 calories, 11g fat, 28g carbs, 1g fiber, 21g sugars , 2g protein*
Also Check: Are Spiked Seltzers Gluten Free
Is Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream Gluten
Let us find out whether you can Ben & Jerrys ice cream gluten-free or not:
The answer is Yes.
There is a large variety of Ben & Jerrys products that re gluten-free. But none of them are certified gluten-free. You should keep in mind that most of the Ben & Jerrys products contain wheat or wheat products, so always read the label before purchasing or consuming them.
Some of the flavors that do not contain gluten are:
- Butter Pecan
Don’t Miss: Publix Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Whats On The Ben & Jerrys Scoop Shop Menu
Choices can be overwhelming when you first walk up to the ice cream counter, so reading through this guide first will help a good deal. Before you head into line, think about what youre in the mood fora small cone? a smoothie? a pint to take home? Be clear in your mind first so that ordering can be a breeze!
Heres what we suggest:
- Scoop Choose from the plant-based, scoop shop flavors below. You can choose at least 3 different flavors in one cone, if you wish.
- Smoothie Ask the server to blend up a bit of almond milk with a couple of scoops of dairy-free ice cream for a simple and scrumptious smoothie.
- Non-Dairy Pints Head to the refrigerator and let your hunger decide which flavors will follow you home.
Note: If youre gluten-sensitive, here is a list of their Certified Gluten-Free Flavors. Gluten-free flavors are not necessarily dairy-free. Look at the label carefully before purchasing. Weve indicated the gluten-free flavors below.
Is Ben And Jerrys Gluten Free
Not all Ben & Jerrys products are gluten-free, however many options are certified as gluten-free. The famous Cherry Garcia and Phish Food flavors are gluten-free as well as many other popular options. While some of these may change, others are always certified as gluten-free, so make sure you check the product label carefully if this is important to you. The brand also offers some non-dairy flavors for those who are lactose intolerant.
Read Also: Dove Ice Cream Bar Ingredients
Coconut Seven Layer Bar
While Jerry informed us that he could never get through a pint of this flavor, I thought it was outstanding. Just like the dessert, theres a lot going on here, but it works. Coconut ice cream acts as the glue between the ample fudge chunks, walnuts, and streaks of graham cracker and caramel swirls. Its a refreshing outlier to the dominant chocolate and cookie-based flavors.
What Is The Healthiest Non
These Are the Healthiest Non-Dairy Ice Cream Options, Ranked
- 01 of 05. Ben & Jerrys Non-Dairy Ice Cream. benandjerrys.
- 02 of 05. Oatly Vegan Ice Cream. oatly.
- 03 of 05. Halo Top Dairy-Free Ice Cream. halotopcreamery.
- 04 of 05. Coconut Bliss Vegan Ice Cream. coconutbliss.
- 05 of 05. Van Leeuwen Ice Cream. vanleeuwenicecream.
Recommended Reading: Does Jimmy Dean Sausage Have Gluten
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
This is the new non-dairy spin on a #1 fan favorite Ben & Jerrys flavor. The base is their almond milk vanilla with gobs of vegan chocolate chip cookie dough & fudge flakes. You can also buy those vegan cookie dough chunks separately.
Ingredients: almond milk , liquid sugar , coconut oil, wheat flour, sugar, corn syrup solids, brown sugar, pea protein, expeller pressed soybean oil, cocoa , vanilla extract, sunflower lecithin, tapioca flour, chocolate liquor, molasses, natural flavors , salt, guar gum, caramelized sugar syrup, soy lecithin, locust bean gum, cocoa butter, cocoa powder. Contains almonds, wheat, coconut and soy. May contain other tree nuts.*
Nutrition : 350 calories, 16g fat, 49g carbs, < 1g fiber, 33g sugars , 3g protein*
You Wont Believe Theres No Cows Milk
Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the bestproducts youcan learn more about ourreview process here.We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
There are many plant-based ice creams on the market today, a handful of which are better than others. Some are unpleasantly icy and thin, while others lack any real flavor. The process of making non-dairy ice cream takes a lot of trial and error to replicate the rich creaminess of traditional ice cream without the milk or cream. Not everyone can pull it off, but the items on this list can.
Have a bowl and spoon at the ready for the best non-dairy ice creams.
Its probably not a huge shock to see Ben & Jerrys at the top of any best ice cream list, and the frozen dessert kings nailed it again with this version of Milk& Cookies. While most non-dairy ice creams utilize coconut or almond as a base, the vanilla-flavored milk in this ice cream is actually made from sunflower butter. It also features chocolate chip cookies, chocolate sandwich cookies, and chocolate cookie swirls.
Ben & Jerrys offers two other sunflower butter-based flavorsCrème Brûlée Cookie and Mint Chocolate Cookie. Also, there are 12 almond milk flavors, including P.B. & Cookies and the millennial-inspired Netflix & Chillld, boasting peanut butter, sweet and salty pretzel swirls, and fudge brownies.
Don’t Miss: Do Honey Nut Cheerios Have Gluten
Video Result For Dairy Free Ben & Jerry’s
Non-Dairy is Here! | Ben & Jerry’s
Vegans, Rejoice! Ben & Jerry’s Now Has Dairy-Free Ice…
Must Try Ben and Jerry’s Non-Dairy Ice Cream Taste…
Ben & Jerry’s Dairy Free Ice Cream Reviews | Taste…
Introducing 3 NEW Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy Flavors! |…
Ben & Jerry’s Non Dairy Ice Cream Review: 4 Flavors
Introducing 3 NEW Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy Flavors! |…
Ben and Jerry’s Non Dairy Ice Cream Review
BEN & JERRYS NON DAIRY PHISH FOOD
Vegan Ben & Jerry’s!!! – Food Feeder
What’s Non to Love About Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy? |…
Fun Sized Review: Dairy-Free Cherry Garcia from Ben & …
Ben and Jerry’s vegan dairy free ice cream taste test!
BEN & JERRY’S CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CLUSTER REVIEW…
Ben & Jerry’s Goes Non-Dairy: Vegan Or Not?
Ice Cream Review: Ben & Jerry’s New Non-Dairy Flavors!
TRYING VEGAN BEN & JERRYS ICE CREAM!
Non-Dairy Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream, Yelp’s Best Food…
Ben & Jerry’s Non Dairy Cherry Garcia & Caramel Almond…
Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy Coffee Caramel Fudge Ice Cream…
Introducing 3 NEW Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy Flavors! |…
FeedingTheElectric Going “VEGAN” | Dairy Free Ben…
Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia Review: Non Dairy & 100%…
Ben & Jerry’s Colin Kapernick Non Dairy Ice Cream |…
Neu! VEGAN VS Dairy: Ben & Jerrys NETFLIX & CHILLL’D…
Ben and Jerry’s Non Dairy Caramel Almond Brittle
Finding Vegan: Ben& Jerry’s Non-Dairy Ice Cream Review
NEW Americone Dream Non-Dairy | Ben & Jerry’s
Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy Peanut Butter & Cookies Review
Ben & Jerrys Vegan Ice Cream Cakes
Although not offered at all locations, many participating Scoop Shops offer vegan-friendly ice cream cakes using their dairy-free ice cream, vegan frosting, and ask for chocolate sandwich cookie crumbles. Make sure they leave out any dairy or egg-based fillings.
But dont worry, if you cant find one in the shop you can make your own easy vegan ice cream cake . Just pick up some pints of your favorite vegan ice cream, a bag of accidentally-vegan Oreos, some plant-based butter, peanuts, and a springform pan and youre in business. This will be the easiest cake youve even made, we guarantee it!
Don’t Miss: Are Natural Light Seltzers Gluten Free
Is Tesco Vanilla Ice Cream Gluten Free
You might notice weve got a new look, but youll still find our delicious, signature smooth ice cream inside. With absolutely no compromise on taste, our 750 ml plant based ice cream desserts are dairy, gluten and lactose-free, contain no artificial colours or flavours, and are vegan and Kosher certified.
Read Also: Publix Pizza Crust