Sweet And Salty Energy Balls
Energy balls are easy to make and are a perfect choice when youre craving something sweet.
Plus, they can be customized based on your flavor preferences. Make them in larger batches and place them in your refrigerator or freezer so you always have a nutritious snack on hand.
Simply toss ingredients like coconut flour, nut butter, oats, vanilla, salt, and dates into a food processor and pulse until theyre a smooth consistency. Then roll the mixture into balls and store in your fridge or freezer.
Here are a few delicious dairy-free energy ball recipes:
Oatly Oat Milk With Granola
Oat milk is another great milk alternative in the market for those who have tummy issues and milk allergies.
Oatly Oat Milk, however, is a great partner with granola! It gives an extra oaty taste while keeping you lactose-free!
Serving Size: 1 cup
120 calories, 16 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fat, 3 grams of protein.
Tuna Salad With Veggie Sticks
Tuna salad is typically made with canned tuna, mayo, and chopped celery. Its nutritious and filling packed with nutrients like protein, healthy fats, vitamin B12, and selenium .
Even though some people think mayo is a dairy product, most types of mayo are actually dairy-free. This makes tuna salad a great choice for those on a dairy-free diet.
Try pairing tuna salad with sliced vegetables like celery and carrot sticks for some extra fiber and crunch.
Also Check: Insomnia Cookies Vegan Options
Cookies Graham Crackers & Baked Goods
- Enjoy Life products Enjoy Life is a specific allergy-friendly food company, and these were a lifesaver for me when I had to eliminate multiple foods for nursing. You can find cookies, granola bars, chips, and more. , but you can also find them at most major grocery stores .
- Simple Mills soft baked bars, crunchy cookies, soft-baked cookies, and baking mixes
- Kinnikinnick Graham Crackers It can be tough to find both gluten-free and dairy-free graham crackers, but these check off both those boxes .
- Natures Bakery Gluten Free Fig Bars These are like the gluten free and vegan version of a fig newton so good! Keep in mind that they do make a regular whole wheat version of these bars, so if you need to be gluten-free be sure to specifically scope out the gluten-free one.
Enjoy Fruit Vegetables & Nuts As Snack
- Dang Toasted Coconut Chips 2 ingredient healthy chips: just coconut and hint of sea salt with no added sugar.
- Rhythm Beet Chips the only ingredient is organic beets, no seasonings added.
- Bare Fruit Chips baked real apples, bananas and coconuts, nothing else added.
- Natierra Organic Freeze-Dried Fruits a wholesome snack that is crunchy sweet and maintains all of their vital nutrients and vibrant flavor without adding preservatives. Perfect for long distance travel where fresh fruits cannot last long plus kids just love them!
- Yupik Protein Trail Mix a sulfite free organic blend of cashews, almonds, pumpkin seed, walnuts, cranberries.
- Food To Live Trail Mix raw mulberries, cashews, pumpkin seeds, apricots, hazelnuts and almonds with no added sugar.
Read Also: Does Kraft Mayo Have Dairy
Love This Recipe Save It For Later
I hope that if youve been thinking about what to serve as a gluten-free dairy-free appetizer that this gluten-free dairy-free snack board has been inspiring to you!
Pick a few ingredients, arrange them on a board, and wow your friends! Remember, the key is choosing ingredients that work for your gluten and dairy-free diet! When you do that, youll have an amazing and delicious snack board that not only tastes good, but will impress anyone who gets to enjoy it!
Find more gluten -free appetizers that are also dairy-free here.
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Whether youre looking for a protein-packed breakfast on the go or a middle-of-the-day pick-me-up, these peanut butter energy bites fit the bill.
They have peanut butter, chocolate, salt, and many other things, but honestly, if youre like me, you were sold on them from just those three ingredients.
Best of all, you can make three dozen of them in 30 minutes or so.
Made In Nature Organic Dried Mangoes
Looking for a sweet and nutritious snack? Try Made In Nature Organic Dried Mangoes.
These mangoes are dried in the sun, unsulfured, and organicmeaning they’re as healthy as they are delicious. With no added sugar, these dried mangos make a perfect on-the-go snack or addition to your breakfast or lunch. Craving something sweet? These organic dried mangos will hit the spot!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
140 calories, 0 g fat, 34 g carbs, 1g protein.
Get yourself a bag of these organic dried mangoes here!
Prefer The Grab And Go
On the road, our stops are often unplanned. They can range from quick gas station run-ins to scouting out limited food options. This means having a good supply of gluten-free, dairy-free snacks right in our car. This goes for parents too. Its nearly impossible, for example, to find keto-friendly snacks on the road. Pack your own and it wont be a challenge.
I like to keep our road-trip-snacks ready-to-go by packing them all into a separate travel tote bag. Getting out the door is often rushed when we are packing up the RV for a long drive to our next destination.
Most of my suggestions can easily be tossed into a tote bag. Others can be quickly prepped the day before and placed into reusable snack bags.
Read Also: Is Knorr Rice Healthy
Canned Tuna With Gluten Free Crackers
I would advise you to only buy safe catch tuna, which is better for both the environment and yourself. You can buy safecatch tuna tins that have easy open tabs, so no can opener needed. And for gluten free crackers, I really like Simple Mills!
Tips For Shopping Gluten Free And Dairy Free Snacks
- Choose the place. Health food stores, are ideal places to buy gluten free and dairy free ingredients especially for frozen or refrigerated foods. But you might find even a larger variety when browsing online retailers. No matter your physical location if you cant find something in your local grocery stores you will definitely find it online.
- Read the ingredient label. Dont just rely on front labeling read the ingredient list on the back of the packaging, sometimes youll find that the expectations dont correspond with the actual ingredients. You can also find out warnings of cross-contamination , which is really helpful for those with severe allergies.
- Certified Gluten Free, Dairy Free Or Vegan is the best way to be sure a products is indeed free of those. For people Celiac disease or gluten sensitivity is very important because even trace amounts can cause serious symptoms. This certification means that it does not rely solely on product testing to ensure safety, but examines the entire practices and production process of the facility from ingredient sourcing to employee training, cleaning practices and cross-contact controls. An example is oats. They are naturally gluten free but if the package is not certified gluten free, the product is likely to contain trace amounts of gluten due to cross contamination.
- Stick to naturally gluten-free foods. The best way to ensure a proper nutrition is to eat whole foods and occasionally some packaged foods.
Also Check: Goodman’s Onion Soup Mix Gluten Free
Coconut Yogurt With Berries
Coconut yogurt is my favorite dairy-free option and tastes like the real thing. You can also try cashew yogurt, soy yogurt, and almond milk yogurts. Just check the sugar content on the ingredients label of any brand you buy.
Plain or unsweetened will be your best bet for avoiding too much sugar, and then you can add berries to taste.
Crunchy Gluten Free Dairy Free Snacks
Recommended Reading: Is Captain Morgan Gluten Free
Healthy Snack Ideas To Make At Home
Sliced vegetables such as:
- carrots, celery, cucumbers, grape and cherry tomatoes, snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes sliced, celery, red or orange bell peppers, green bell peppers
Roasted vegetables such as:
- carrots, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, zucchini fries or crisps, kale chips
Fresh seasonal fruit :
- Berries like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, mulberries, raspberries
- Stone fruit like apricots, peaches and plums
- Watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, mango, papaya fruit
Homemade dips and sauces such as:
- basic hummus, beet hummus, tahini hummus, Greek yogurt dip, avocado cilantro dip, cashew cheese and dips, salsa, organic ranch dressing
Baked goods such as muffins and granola bars.
Gluten free crackers and gluten fee tortilla chips.
Vegan no churn ice cream made with natural sugars and canned coconut milk.
Fruit and veggie packed smoothies and homemade popsicles.
To make it easier- here are a few of our families favorite afternoon snacks to get you started.
Top 30 Best Dairy And Gluten
Nine years ago, my health suddenly crashed. Almost overnight, I developed extremely painful fibromyalgia, hypoglycemia that had me near fainting if I didnt eat every 2 hours, sudden food sensitivities, insomnia, and other symptoms. My hormones were so out of whack, I was told by my doctor it was unlikely Id ever have kids. Instead of going on medication, I quickly adopted a gluten and dairy free, organic diet. It took some time, but the diet and a lifestyle of placing importance on sleep, low stress, no caffeine and low sugar helped me alleviate these symptoms .
Nine years ago, there were far fewer gluten and dairy free foods. I lived on organic chicken, guacamole, veggies and fruit. I missed pasta, bread, baked goods and crackers. But, the gluten-free options that were available were expensive and barely edible. I remember trying to make my own cheese and it was awful! How I missed cheese!
Fast forward 9 years, and there are so many tasty gluten and dairy free options! Ive spent years finding the dairy and gluten free brands that taste closest to the real thing. Ive had many people ask me over the years how I manage to commit to a gluten and dairy free diet. Two things, I feel the repercussions when I dont and Ive found so many great gluten-free alternatives, that it makes it possible! I have two criteria when choosing the best dairy and gluten free products, taste and clean ingredients.
Don’t Miss: Jersey Mike’s Bread Ingredients
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Its amazing what you can make for gluten-free snacks.
With just three pantry staple ingredients, these gluten-free peanut butter cookies will be your new go-to recipe when youre trying to feed some hungry snackers.
Besides being gluten-free, these peanut butter cookies are also sugar-free because you can use a product like monk fruit sweetener to make them sweet.
Smooth and creamy all-natural peanut butter is the best peanut butter to use to make these cookies. Just make sure it doesnt have added sugar.
Also, you can make these without eggs by using ground chia seeds.
+ Dairy Free Gluten Free Snacks On The Go
Why are these snacks both dairy and gluten free? Well, a lot of people with celiac disease tend to also have lactose intolerance, or sensitivity to dairy. And if you have food intolerances in general, these are two of the most common ones.
Personally, in addition to having to eat gluten free for nearly a decade, Ive also eaten a pretty low-dairy diet the last five years. Like many people, Ive found dairy aggravates my endometriosis symptoms. The last thing I want is to have a pain flare or get glutened when Im on the go, which is why I keep my snacks pretty strictly both dairy and gluten free.
Read Also: Does Lipton Onion Soup Mix Have Msg
Carrot Cake Energy Bites
Another iteration of energy balls, but this time with fresh vegetables!
Carrots are the star of this show with the perfect blend of oils, spices, and sweeteners. These no-cook energy bites will keep you energized and ready to take on the day.
Serving Size: 1 energy bite
48 calories, 8.2 grams of carbs, 0.2 grams of fat, and 0.9 grams of protein.
Make yourself some of these energizing balls!
Yogurt Parfait With Granola
To make this snack, alternate layers of plain Greek yogurt with berries or other fruit, then top with gluten-free granola and nuts or seeds.
A 1/2-cup serving of plain Greek yogurt provides 10% of the RDI for calcium, a mineral in which many people with celiac disease are deficient (
Gluten-free pizza can be hard to find, but you can make your own with vegetables in place of crust.
Cut zucchini into thick, round slices and brush each side with olive oil. Put the slices on a lined baking sheet in the oven and broil each side for about two minutes, or until they start to brown.
Next, spread pasta sauce on each slice and top with shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese. Broil for one minute to melt the cheese.
Recommended Reading: Best Flour For Gluten Free Pasta
Where Can I Buy Items On This List
When I first began the search years ago, gluten and dairy-free snacks were hard to find. Today, most grocery stores carry an array of choices. We regularly find them at Costco, Whole Foods and Trader Joes. I usually buy multiples of each snack when I shop. That way, Im stocked up on snacks I know my son favors.
When we travel and those stores arent available, I head to the local grocery to see if they have a gluten-free section. Web ordering is another option. Amazon carries most of the items on my snack list, even the ones from Trader Joes.